Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Cragars
Art Expert

Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:23 pm

dude people are damn dumb.

Also, I have too much fudge. Books, magazines, cd's, electronics, etc. I need to sit down one weekend and do that Kon Mari shiz.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:28 pm

Don't mind having a decent waterfront (by NY standards) close by

ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:03 pm

Jasper73
Art Expert

Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:20 pm

Tell me that's not belly button fluff... plz....
ImageT.K.C.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:28 pm

Pie Hoe.
🕷
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:23 am

Took a look at the price list of the NZ gun buy-back program today, which was released fairly recently (the list itself). I was pretty surprised by what I saw on the list, to be honest. At least three of my hunting guns are now prohibited in NZ (Browning BAR MK 3, and Winchester and Benelli semiautomatic shotguns). Thought the goal was to make it “illegal to own military-style semi-automatic rifles”. How are any of those, and many other on the list, “military-style” firearms? Do any of these three look like a military-style rifle?

The only thing these three have in common is being a semiautomatic firearm, the first two (Browning MK3 and Winchester SX3) having a magazine capacity of 4+1 (5 shots can be fired before reloading) and the third (Benelli Super Black Eagle 3) with the capacity of 3+1 (4 shots can be fired before reloading).

What are people saying in NZ, fredo (don’t know anyone else from NZ)?

Pretty sure there would be quite a fuss in Canada if that were to happen here. Many people here, myself included, who own firearms don’t give two drymounts about AR- type rifles. I would even say that most don’t, but that would be a guess. They are fun to shoot but that’s about the only purpose they serve here. They are either prohibited (can’t own, with exceptions) or restricted (can only shoot at an approved range and have the required paperwork for transporting them to and from the range). The first gun I mentioned above serves one purpose and that purpose is hunting. It is not a range gun since it is not an accurate gun (in this case, accurate is defined as target shooting accurate). The other two are excellent waterfowl guns and one can use them to shoot skeet at a range. All three are non-restricted, meaning they can be purchased by anyone with a Possession and Acquisition License (yes, in order to get the license, you have to take and pass the course, which desires to be better, IMO, and send an application to the RCMP for them to run the checks on your person; I waited for mine for about three months after sending the application, if I recall correctly, though mine is RPAL, meaning I can own handguns and other restricted firearms, such as AR-15 type).

I am not a “gun nut” and pretty far from being one. I am not a member of NRA or any of the like Canadian organizations (doubt there is anything like NRA anywhere in the world though). However, I think that was pretty excessive, even to a point of being ridiculous. I am not in NZ and they can do whatever they want, obviously. This legislation also gave a whole new meaning to the “military style” firearms as well for many people.

Having said that, given the prices indicated in the list, I would hand in my Browning and Winchester today and give a second thought to giving up the Benelli. Guns must be quite a bit more expensive in NZ than they are in Canada.

Another thing is:

BBC: Christchurch attack: New Zealand launches gun buy-back scheme
The scheme, which only applies to licensed guns, will last six months meaning people will have until 20 December to hand in their weapons.

"The buy-back has one objective - to remove the most dangerous weapons from circulation," Minister of Police Stuart Nash said.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:02 am

What's the hunting in NZ like? Maybe there they aren't as practical to own for that purpose as they are in Canada? Just a guess tho.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Don’t have any personal experience, but I hear it is pretty great, for big game anyway.

Here is what Wikipedia says:
Hunting is a popular recreational pursuit and a tourist activity in New Zealand with numerous books and magazines published on the topic. Unlike most other developed countries with a hunting tradition, there are no bag-limits or seasons for hunting large game in New Zealand. Hunting in National Parks is a permitted activity. The wide variety of game animals and the limited restrictions means hunting is a popular pastime which has resulted in a high level of firearms ownership among civilians.

The duck shooting season opens in the first weekend of May and runs for 3 months.[/url]
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:39 am

Some ice on those hot days...

Hail storm buries parts of Mexican city of Guadalajara in ice

Ice two yards deep. Pretty drymounting crazy.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:32 pm

Big city glamour

ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:24 am

Not a bad read on MH370 flight that disappeared over 5 years ago now.

The Atlantic: Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Where Is It?
sixstringer
Art Expert

Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:12 pm

"...I just wanted bagels."
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:51 pm

what the . . .? luls.
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:54 am

sixstringer wrote: