Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:14 pm

I flew both delta and united recently and much prefer to fly SW. Maybe because I am a poor in coach. You couldn't pay me to fly on an airline like spirit though.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:17 pm

Jetblue is way better than SW if it's offered in yer area. With dat being said, my last great flight was with Delta. I think I got lucky and was on one of their newer planes, which was really nice, and they had a solid choice of entertainment and snacks. I can't stand flying on American.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:39 pm

I fly coach, but always dress nice when I fly. If there is ever a reason for the airliner to bump a passenger to first class... you'll be the one they choose. Ask me how I know. :)
jjttdw
Art Expert

Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:55 pm

Maybe SW seemed even worse because I flew out on American in first class and had to fly back on Southwest via Midway airport.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Cragars
Art Expert

Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:24 pm

I’ve bought more ceramic mugs and stuff than art recently. Same scarcity/sold out/gotta be quicker than that factor. I think I just like to hoard fudge. 🤷‍♂️
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:16 am

Pics?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:59 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:14 am

for the travelers in here, avoid the DoubleTree by Hilton in Breckenridge at all costs. had an absolute nightmare stay there to the point we walked out and were rebooked elsewhere. 100% incompetent desk staff and an absolute drymounting nozzle of an assistant manager who actually blamed me for the room issues. wrote a review on google for those curious of the entire issue and other recent reviews back up what we experienced.

tldr: peep hole, non-locking doors, pills found between the beds, and expired food in the market for guests. all my fault. not the guy who actually runs the drymounting hotel.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:43 pm

cotis wrote:
for the travelers in here, avoid the DoubleTree by Hilton in Breckenridge at all costs. had an absolute nightmare stay there to the point we walked out and were rebooked elsewhere. 100% incompetent desk staff and an absolute drymounting nozzle of an assistant manager who actually blamed me for the room issues. wrote a review on google for those curious of the entire issue and other recent reviews back up what we experienced.

tldr: peep hole, non-locking doors, pills found between the beds, and expired food in the market for guests. all my fault. not the guy who actually runs the drymounting hotel.
Any "good" pills? Nice review!!!. Can you post a pic of the peep hole??

Also, was the diamond member parking available?
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:13 pm

I am definitely the type that only reviews for 1 or 5 star experiences, that sounds like quite the ordeal. Going back to read more, ha

And now I want to see this elevator to the eighth floor which might be the wrong eighth floor mess. Man that would definitely drive me nuts
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:31 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:43 pm
cotis wrote:

Any "good" pills? Nice review!!!. Can you post a pic of the peep hole??

Also, was the diamond member parking available?
no Diamond parking here, instead you have to drive down the street and scan your card and go into the basement/garage around the corner which is dimly lit with spaces barely wide enough for compact cars. luckily our Enterprise rental was a piece of fudge and was able to cram it in against one of the columns and (no joke) climb out the passenger side.

not this garage right under the lobby

down the road

into the basement
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:33 pm

peep hole:

innocently enough figured it was just a spot where a towel hook might have been but then that would have been too low to hang anything on. and the artwork was way higher on the wall. used flashlight on phone to peek in hole and saw reflective material. whether that's a lens or a shiny piece of metal framing for the building... i wasn't cutting the wall open to see. we walked.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:38 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:13 pm
I am definitely the type that only reviews for 1 or 5 star experiences, that sounds like quite the ordeal. Going back to read more, ha

And now I want to see this elevator to the eighth floor which might be the wrong eighth floor mess. Man that would definitely drive me nuts
there's a review from handicapped or older person who I felt bad for. might have been TripAdvisor, I've read so many over the last few days I forget.

but basically you have to go up the steps into lobby back down to your car, park your car wherever the drymount they tell you. walk the entire length of the hotel, then this elevator only gets you up to lobby area. walk the length of hotel again and another elevator gets you up through floors 6. then you get off, walk down the length of the hotel back to essentially directly above the lobby to get to the higher floors.

absolute drymounting shitshow. Hilton ended up taking care of us as Diamond members especially after the manager yelled at me yesterday. told him review the footage of his employees never making eye contact and staring down at her phone the entire time and he said "we don't have cameras at the front desk". Hilton was not happy to learn about that security issue too :lol:

FYI - hotel is owned by Vail Resorts who own a fudge ton of resorts throughout the USA/Canada so I would expect similar experiences at their other locations too.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:24 pm

cotis wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:33 pm
peep hole:

innocently enough figured it was just a spot where a towel hook might have been but then that would have been too low to hang anything on. and the artwork was way higher on the wall. used flashlight on phone to peek in hole and saw reflective material. whether that's a lens or a shiny piece of metal framing for the building... i wasn't cutting the wall open to see. we walked.
That peep hole is pretty brazen. A towel rack would never be in that position. I've been in worse motels but I knew they were worse going in. My best story was coming back to the motel from the office and seeing crime scene tape. That was a red roof inn off the interstate. Evidently a couple guys staying at the hotel roughed a kid up and stole his phone. They used said phone to call a cab that they had drop them off at the la quinta 200 yards up the road. They robbed and murdered the cabbie and ran down the RR tracks to the Red Roof. Hard to describe the smell of the room....somewhere between cigarette smoke and vomit. That is what $69 a night gets you.

https://abc11.com/la-quinta-inn-durham- ... g/1465913/

I stayed there a dozen times. Just above where the dudes are cuffed in the pic is the room rented by a prosititute.
fredo
Art God

Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:32 am

Poster from local museum’s latest dino exhibit. Looks like a one sheet for a dirty Pixar jawn.

just a foil for me today, thanks