Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
KipPotapych
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:00 pm

Random not random:

How is the database sorted? For example, if I search for Fairey and get the results, I have to go page 3 or whatever to find the most recent release. Is there something I can do about it in my settings for the results to be sorted by the release date?
fredo
Art God

Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:51 pm

Have you considered offering a more acceptable sacrifice to Satan?
just a foil for me today, thanks
fredo
Art God

Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:56 pm

Or if you find that you are short on wicker/virgins, just click on the artist’s name in a listing. Releases are shown in order.
haven
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:41 pm

All right EB brain trust, let's see if we can solve this.

So a week or two ago I get an email from venmo to an old email account I have. I ignored it as some sort of spam but then I got another saying $20 had been deposited in this account which is not mine. So I go into venmo using this old email and reset the password on the account, I now assume whoever did this can't access it anymore. But now two other people have sent money, currently have $450 sitting there.

I don't plan on keeping it but I can't figure out why someone would use an email that isn't their own to open a venmo account. Too easy to get locked out of it. What sort of scam is going on here?
meskell
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:04 pm

haven wrote:

So a week or two ago I get an email from venmo to an old email account I have. I ignored it as some sort of spam but then I got another saying $20 had been deposited in this account which is not mine. So I go into venmo using this old email and reset the password on the account, I now assume whoever did this can't access it anymore. But now two other people have sent money, currently have $450 sitting there.

I don't plan on keeping it but I can't figure out why someone would use an email that isn't their own to open a venmo account. Too easy to get locked out of it. What sort of scam is going on here?
This is a story about Biily Joe and Bobbie Sue...
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
howdyall
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:47 pm

You could report it to Venmo - if they don't say anything after a few months and the cash is still sitting there, cash out and close it. Suspend it in the meantime to stop payments, if you can (I don't know if you can, but you can ask support if they can help)
fredo
Art God

Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:55 pm

If offered do NOT take the red pill. Goddam, what a mess this has been.
haven
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:58 pm

howdyall wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:47 pm
You could report it to Venmo - if they don't say anything after a few months and the cash is still sitting there, cash out and close it. Suspend it in the meantime to stop payments, if you can (I don't know if you can, but you can ask support if they can help)
I figured that was the route to take but I’m still puzzled as to what the intention was here.
howdyall
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:27 pm

I'd just be careful withdrawing in case they want to claw that back - paper trail ahead of saying screw it will be helpful when you're eyeballing that party money
haven
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:56 pm

I’ve already got some posters picked out!
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:05 am

donate it to EB!
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:10 pm

haven wrote:

Is your email a common name or one that can be close to someone else's? What messages did you get with the payments? What do the accounts that sent the payments look like, like what kind of activity
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:00 am

If you already had an account it never went anywhere. No one would be able to open one if your email is already in use, and if it was open they would still need access to your email to confirm the new account. Unless someone cracked your password, no one else ever had access and the reset just provided you access again.

They most likely gave your email out by mistake. When they attempt to send you money via your email it should show them your name as the person who will be getting the funds.

Or someone trying to frame you in a laundering scheme :)
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:41 am

Thirty years. It took thirty drymounting years for someone to bump Rodney Mullen from #1 on my all time favorite skateboarders list. But it just happened:

I came across the vid above an hour ago and was blown away by his lines and style, so naturally went down the rabbit hole a little and then I heard him talk in the feature below and that sealed the deal for #1:

https://youtu.be/-bpsHh5nwe4
Cragars
Art Expert

Sat Feb 11, 2023 11:19 pm

House shopping ain’t that fun.