Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:45 am

IWish wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:29 pm
4runner is at the body shop - replacing fender and door. They have a special camera (like Home Depot) that codes the color formula - they mix their own paint. Yeah... it's def their problem. Ha! Getting the work on the engine for free - pretty sure that won't happen. The engine work was simple, really, replacing 2 hoses on radiator and the alternator belt. Got a quote when I was there a week prior... they called me the week after letting me know of a 'special' $100 off the price quoted. This is a full service Firestone - not just tires. I'm in-between mechanics and just wanted to get the work done. Lets not kid ourselves... finding a good mechanic is, pretty much, a crap shoot.
Glad it is being taken care of.

No doubt, finding a good mechanic is not easy. Glad I can do most of the work myself, lol. Don’t remember the last time I went to the shop - not in the last 10-15 years, I don’t think, tires aside.

The accessory belt and a couple of hoses for $700 is quite a bit, imo. Especially, because it is a four-cylinder engine. Then again, I have no idea what the labour costs down your neck of the woods are. Still… I changed the belt on my V6 4Runner a couple of years ago and it took me 10 minutes and $40 for the belt. Earlier this summer, I noticed that the “new” belt looked like fudge, so I put the old one (I kept it for an “emergency”) back on (again 10 minutes) and ordered another one from the dealer for $80 (they are much better), which I still didn’t pick up. Given they are Firestone, they are probably putting aftermarket parts in, so the belt shouldn’t be more than $30-40. The hoses would probably run about the same. Given that it is sometimes hard to find aftermarket hoses due to fitment, they may have gotten them from a dealer, which would run a bit more (doubt it is the case though). Assuming, on the higher end, they are charging you $200 for the belt and hoses (perhaps, also antifreeze, which they may have had to drain and refill, depending on the hoses, and clamps and whatnot), they are also charging you at least 4 hours worth of labour, probably more (I doubt it’s over $120 per hour). That seems to be a lot of time for minor repairs like that. But I am not a mechanic, lol. Of course, there could be more that you didn’t mention (like, maybe, say, $100 for “diagnostics”, etc), but the stuff you did mention likely wouldn’t take me more than a couple of hours on my driveway without a lift and other “proper” equipment and tools. Also, I am talking in Canadian dollars; on your side of the border, parts are cheaper.

Regardless, glad they are repairing their drymount up. The paint thing was an excuse. Any decent shop will match almost any colour if you bring the vehicle in.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:56 am

Codeblue wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:28 pm
bubbie wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:05 am
sidewaysscott wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:29 pm
I forgot about this place.
Welcome back! Unless you forget again, lol.
Look who’s talking. Where the fug have ya been?
Haha. Took quite a bit of time off, went on three “vacations” since the end of June (all in Alberta), did a shitload of repairs around the house (including new roofs for the house, garage, and shed). Then my parents came for a visit for the first time since the fudge hit the fan. Now the routine is kind of setting back in place. I guess the EB is part of that, lol. I did stop by a few times in the past three months or whatever long it’s been, but didn’t post much (or at all?). Weirdly, it looks more dead when you don’t visit daily and participate.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:45 am

Fairly certain I received my first 1/xxx print today. Am I gonna be rich?
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:42 am

You can draft the most offensive letter of resignation your rich little mind can think of and deliver it to your asshole boss with a wink; you’re set for life!
That's what she said
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:34 am

How are you only “fairly certain.”? Cataracts?
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:37 am

I'd guess because he can't rightly remember if it has happened before.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:04 pm

Ah, blindness or dementia. Those Canadian winters sure do wreak havoc on the body.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:24 pm

I've received a few #1's but still feel super duper special when I do.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:55 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:34 am

finneganm wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:42 am
You can draft the most offensive letter of resignation your rich little mind can think of and deliver it to your asshole boss with a wink; you’re set for life!
Done! Thanks, fin!
jjttdw wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:04 pm
Ah, blindness or dementia. Those Canadian winters sure do wreak havoc on the body.
Lol. Likely dementia, but will check on cataracts too, could be a 7! And winter isn’t even here yet. Damn... Had first frost in the morning today though.
Codeblue wrote:
I have had quite a few of last in the run, a couple of 69’s, other what some would consider “cool” numbers, but don’t think ever a 1 (other than 1/1).
fredo
Art God

Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:57 am

Codeblue wrote:
I got this #1 offa Perkins after begging for a few years. It felt, how you saaay?…nice

viewtopic.php?t=96915
just a foil for me today, thanks
pewter14
EB Team

Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:26 pm

Facebook is down, eh?

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:45 pm

EB

guryter
Art Expert

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:11 pm

Now if fb is dead on/off for a few months, we get to fly the dildocopter freely again, and someone runs a contest with boobs as the grand prize, EB will return to its former glory.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:43 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"