Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:46 am

ygolohcysp wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:13 pm
Blow tubes really got an upgrade from fabric softener sheets in a toilet paper roll!
Ah, the low tech doob tube. I like the paper towel roll...more of a doob tube XL
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Philpenn
Art Expert

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:44 am

Just found out one of my grandmothers was adopted. Hello big chunk of mystery heritage/genetics.
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:16 pm

theperfecttree wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:57 pm
I finally finished The Leftovers. It's a challenging journey that's not for everyone. But if you're up for it, it's more than worth it. Season 2 was my favorite but I loved Season 3 as well (there are only 3 seasons). I connected with the character Nora Durst on a level I didn't think was possible and learned a few things about myself along the way. Thanks to fin for recommending it more than a few times. Easily one of the best shows I've ever watched, hope others find their way to it over the years.
Boom. So good.
That's what she said
finneganm
Art Freak

Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:02 am

If you’re in the New York area, go see Neal Brennan’s show at the Cherry Lane Theatre:

https://www.cherrylanetheatre.org/neal- ... acceptable

Dyn-o-mite.
Similar to 3 Mics in that it’s like 90% standup and 10% Neal trying to work out some deep seeded issues, it was hilarious. So goddamn funny. All the funny stuff hit so well, and the he-should-be-saying-this-on-a-couch stuff was incredibly relatable.

Also, had never been to that theatre before and a solid place to see a show, very intimate setting. Easy enough location.

Go see it while you can.
That's what she said
fredo
Art God

Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:56 am

Philpenn wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:44 am
Just found out one of my grandmothers was adopted. Hello big chunk of mystery heritage/genetics.

just a foil for me today, thanks
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:35 pm

Ha!
That's what she said
Philpenn
Art Expert

Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:40 pm

Adopted at 8 by a 67 year old lady, whose last name is my middle. She could just as easily bought a cat, and I wouldn't exist.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:11 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
trarex
Art Expert

Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:48 am

I was born a poor black child.....
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:55 am

IWish wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:23 pm
Firestone regional mngr called me. Getting paint to match a '98 green is a problem for them. I'm, pretty sure, the want to put a different color door (salvaged door) on it and call it done.

Thing is... I'm sure they're still going to want me to pay for the engine work (aprox $700). So... I pay them and get back a car with a different color door. Okay, so... I get it - the vehicle needs new paint, but goddammit... I don't feel I should pay for the engine repairs in exchange. I can put that money towards a new paint job. What a mess!
How is it working out?

While paint matching may be a problem, it’s their problem.

They can’t write off a vehicle with that low milage because of a door and possibly a fender.

Not sure how it works on your side of the border. Here, if the shop wouldn’t cooperate, I would call my insurance, file a claim and let them deal with that.

In a random shop, I would also be looking for a discount on the work they did after they repaired the damage. Frankly, if I ran the shop, my work would have been free, obviously.

Also, why would you take your vehicle to Firestone for “engine work”?
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:02 am

geezer wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:27 pm
What river is that bubbie? You live in a nice area!
The river is called Peace, geezer.

The place is only nice if you hate people, lol. Nature wise though, it has it’s moments, without a doubt :)
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:05 am

sidewaysscott wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:29 pm
I forgot about this place.
Welcome back! Unless you forget again, lol.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:31 am

Covid wise… Lol. Here in Alberta, we “let her buck”, changed pandemic to endemic status, removed all restrictions (you didn’t even have to isolate if your “rona” test returned positive, though it was strongly recommended, lol) in the beginning of August to satisfy the
ygolohcysp wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:50 am

voters.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, the state of emergency, running out of ICU’s, put some lame restrictions in place (mostly on unvaccinated, ie ^ those voters). A few days later asked other provinces to take our patients (the irony is they gave us their vaccine allocations during the “third wave” because we were on the way to where we are today back then). Today, put triage in place, so some people will die at doctors’ discretion because not everyone gets a ventilator. “The voters” are protesting “vaccine passports” (announced last week or something like that) at hospitals (not sure why there) by blocking ER entrances and spitting at medical workers.

Fun times. At least we had the Stampede and the

(The hat story for those interested is here)

Edit:

We also cancelled all nonemergency surgeries for all ages.

In numbers, usually, pre-covid, we run 170-180 icu beds in the province (I understand this number excludes specialized and paediatric ICU’s); today there are 246 people in ICU with covid only. Plus whatever many others.

Also, a large number of doctors left the province just prior because we (the gubernment) wanted to cut their pay to save some pennies. We still want to cut the paycheques for nurses, while currently looking to hire some via agencies for more than double the regular pay.

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:28 pm

bubbie wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:05 am
sidewaysscott wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:29 pm
I forgot about this place.
Welcome back! Unless you forget again, lol.
Look who’s talking. Where the fug have ya been?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:29 pm

4runner is at the body shop - replacing fender and door. They have a special camera (like Home Depot) that codes the color formula - they mix their own paint. Yeah... it's def their problem. Ha! Getting the work on the engine for free - pretty sure that won't happen. The engine work was simple, really, replacing 2 hoses on radiator and the alternator belt. Got a quote when I was there a week prior... they called me the week after letting me know of a 'special' $100 off the price quoted. This is a full service Firestone - not just tires. I'm in-between mechanics and just wanted to get the work done. Lets not kid ourselves... finding a good mechanic is, pretty much, a crap shoot.
bubbie wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:55 am
How is it working out?

While paint matching may be a problem, it’s their problem.

They can’t write off a vehicle with that low milage because of a door and possibly a fender.

Not sure how it works on your side of the border. Here, if the shop wouldn’t cooperate, I would call my insurance, file a claim and let them deal with that.

In a random shop, I would also be looking for a discount on the work they did after they repaired the damage. Frankly, if I ran the shop, my work would have been free, obviously.

Also, why would you take your vehicle to Firestone for “engine work”?
[/quote]