Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:44 am

I'm in no position to invest in the real newspaper off ebay to make a bag, so I did the next best thing by using iron-on transfers. This bag was made thru a suggestion made - after I posted my Mercury News Dismaland bag in the Bansky thread.

Just a basic bag, no fancy hardware - thought I'd give it a try to see how the finished bag would look. Maybe I'll make an upgraded version in the future...including hardware such as; metal strap adjuster, metal strap connectors, zippers, slip or zip pockets...etc.

9 1/2" X 11" X 3"

gorkie
Art Freak

Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:20 am

A Man Fell Into Anish Kapoor’s Installation of a Bottomless Pit at a Portugal Museum
Luckily, the pit was only about eight feet deep in reality.

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/man-i ... ter%20List
pit.JPG
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:12 pm

Verizon throttled California fire department's data as it fought wildfires
Despite paying for unlimited data, the Santa Clara County Fire Department's data was throttled by Verizon Wireless, even as the department fought the Mendocino Complex fire earlier this month.

According to Ars Technica, the department has alleged the throttling as part of a multistate lawsuit seeking to block the FCC's reversal of net neutrality rules.

"County Fire has experienced throttling by its ISP, Verizon," Santa Clara County Fire Chief Anthony Bowden wrote in a declaration."This throttling has had a significant impact on our ability to provide emergency services. Verizon imposed these limitations despite being informed that throttling was actively impeding County Fire's ability to provide crisis-response and essential emergency services."

It goes on to allege that the department needed to pay more to Verizon in order to stop the throttling, even as it fought the fires. A similar situation had taken place during the fighting of two previous fires last year.

Verizon admitted, in a statement, to Ars, that it mishandled the situation.

"In this situation, we should have lifted the speed restriction when our customer reached out to us," Verizon said. "This was a customer support mistake. We are reviewing the situation and will fix any issues going forward Like all customers, fire departments choose service plans that are best for them. This customer purchased a government contract plan for a high-speed wireless data allotment at a set monthly cost."

The throttling incident all happened following the official end of net neutrality in June.
https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/08 ... -wildfires
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:34 pm

electrachrome
Site Admin

Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:38 pm

chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:11 pm

One thing I appreciate about this forum is the inability to "like" comments or photos, but it would be interesting to see if your usage and number of users increased as a result. Still think your long time trolls will keep people away but might be an interesting change to help keep your site going as that tends to be the model that works.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:28 pm

Happy to be social media free....with the exception of EB. Even if I were on FB, I don't see myself as someone who would use, or even care about, likes.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
canuck
Art Freak

Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:34 am

Don't act like you have any friends.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:46 am

Zuckerberg looks like golem in that video still. That is all.

I only post that so other will validate my life by thinking it was funny.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:48 pm

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
squalie
Art Expert

Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:37 pm

:lol:
fredo
Art God

Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:38 pm

Hah!
just a foil for me today, thanks
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:32 pm

Neil deGrasse Tyson :heart:
So it goes...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:38 pm

RottenAtom wrote:How do I switch back to the old gmail?

edit- hit the gear, click go back to classic gmail

(thanks for the fudge changes mfaith! :wink: )
Just delaying the inevitable :lol: That won't be an option forever; may as well get used to it now. :pint: :twisted:
So it goes...