Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:53 am

Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:53 am

cotis wrote:Image
Winner winner.
User avatar
TyrisFlare
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:06 pm

Stay strong Bag Lady. Gotta understand you are dealing with the soyest boys on the planet in here. The softest, self loathing, lil guys who think their snarky comments will break you. Their time is coming, don't worry.
IWish
Art Expert
Posts: 9879
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:54 pm

TyrisFlare wrote:Stay strong Bag Lady. Gotta understand you are dealing with the soyest boys on the planet in here. The softest, self loathing, lil guys who think their snarky comments will break you. Their time is coming, don't worry.
Is that you, Yamar? j/k Please don't ban me for that. Heh.

Thanks, Tyris. No worries. I butted-heads with a man who ran a $60-70M company and won...and I wasn't nearly as strong then as I am now. I got this. I sincerely appreciate the support.

:heart: 8) I haven't been called Bag Lady in a long time.
User avatar
ccsmd598
Art Expert
Posts: 2067
Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 5:33 pm

Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:57 pm

Best FS post eva

Image
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
User avatar
biscocrack420
Art Expert
Posts: 5913
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:29 pm

Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:32 pm

shitty print too
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 7346
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:29 pm

IWish wrote:Blue's thread is for those that have a penchant for Schredenfreud and isn't my kind of entertainment.
:lol:
A few guys/gals having a few laughs at people melting over a failed attempt to buy a poster is not exactly a "Schredenfreud". Probably important to note that it ain't kids melting in the middle of a store because their parents did not get a toy they wanted. It's "grown" men and women complaining about a fifty-dollar piece of paper for the most part. I didn't see anyone actually laughing at anyone's misfortunes; I don't think I would be a part of it if that was the case. So yes, "Schredenfreud" is a bit of an exaggeration. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion and we may disagree here.
IWish wrote:In what way is the following a pity-me-I'm-getting-picked-on?
It was not "the following". And I don't believe I used the word pity or any equivalent in my reply to you. What you asked originally was in this post:
IWish wrote:... Maybe someone can tell me what, exactly, I'm supposedly guilty of for the pile-ups? ...
Unless I am missing something, you started the conversation that paul chose to participate in. No one came to pick on you for no particular reason. You two seem to disagree about many things on this forum.
IWish wrote:My questions are fairly straight forward relating to a couple of scenarios that I've come across. Questions that no one has answered.
Can't say I understand what questions you are talking about; hence, my "what the drymount are you talking about?" gif.

The last few questions I recall are
  • - what I quoted just above, to which I had already replied and replying right now;
    - the question about significance of the gif I posted, to which I replied;
    - the question about the new bags you made, which I also replied to.
Are there any other questions I am missing?
IWish wrote:Instead, you've chosen to rehash what I consider to be non-issues; such as, millichamp's joke post or Henry's chill post. I began with a “Heh”, (a laugh), and ended with a “I'm way beyond letting small things bother me.” I'm not sure why you think those posts were of a defensive nature. Rather than include a smiley face emoticon, I began with a laugh, instead. I guess that wasn't enough to keep things light and not on the defensive.
I did not rehash anything. I tried to explain to you what happened and how it evolved in my eyes. Nothing more.

Also, when people keep replying to something that is not really an issue for them and not at all significant and in those replies they keep mentioning how "non-issue" it is for them and how "strong" and whatever they are, you can't blame others for getting an impression that people actually do care. It does not matter to me either way and, like I said, I wasn't going to reply at all at first.
IWish wrote:I won't go into detail, but I'm currently dealing with some pretty devastating events, so I was being honest in saying to Henry that I was totes chill about the small stuff because that is nothing compared to what I've been dealing with in real life.

So I heard and I am sorry about whatever it is you are dealing with in real life and hope it gets resolved soon to your satisfaction.
Maybe the real life events take a bit of reflection in your posts here? I don't know.
IWish wrote:
bubbie wrote:Question: defend yourself from who/what?
From Paul.
Why? He didn't come to rob your house, neither did he post naked photos of you on Facebook. So what are you really defending yourself from here? You said you went head to head with a guy who ran a multi-million dollar company, so why are you "fighting" with a poster nerd who is happy to have scored a Star Wars print and who thinks that having a pet and having a kid are essentially the same thing. And believe me, it could be much worse because he could bring his pun crew with him. See, I am poking fun at paul here and I don't expect him to rush in telling me how strong he is and really does give fudge yet bothers to take his time to reply (or do I?).
Also, it's internet and like rubberneck says, remember where you are.
IWish wrote:Why include this in his post?
Who cares?
IWish wrote:his statement/threats to discontinue doing “cool things”.
I am not really the right person to judge what's cool and what's not in this world, but it may be a cool thing for some people to personally meet the artist, to shoot fudge with him/her and bring tons of fudge for him/her to sign. Pretty sure no one was talking about all the dollar making as a cool thing they want to stop doing.
IWish wrote:What? LOL. What does this JP poster have to do with the wedding bucket drama? After all this time, why would Paul still care so much about that? The only thing I can think of is...hell I dunno'...maybe Paul encouraged the artist to post the bucket on his site? That fudge is old news...who the hell even gives it a second thought anymore. I sure the hell don't. Are you saying that the behavior towards me goes back to the wedding basket drama and, if so, this behavior has spread across the forum?
No, that is not what I am saying. But I am saying that basket back and forth between you and a few (many?) individuals in the DD thread is clearly a part of it. Most things don't happen momentarily. It builds up over time and that basket incident is a part of the chain. Keep in mind that it happened to be the same artist whose comments triggered the current debate and it may appear to some people that you have a grudge for the said artist (I am not saying you do!)

Also, if the basket thing did not happen, it could very well be the case that this current debate would not even take place because you would not bother to comment on DD's tweets. I am not saying it as a certainty, but it is definitely a possibility.
IWish wrote:Does no one take into consideration the reasons why someone like me, (and my own experience), would react the way that I did? Seriously?
It seems you are forgetting where you are again. No one (maybe some do, I don't know) knows who you are aside from IWish and the Bag Lady. So who is to say who really is someone like you? Of course, we all have perception and assumptions of what members of this forum are, but that is about it (yes, some members know/met each other in real life).
IWish wrote:We all have own opinions and mine was that the artist was taking advantage of his fans by posting a wedding bucket on his art website. I did not expect you or tried to force anyone else to agree with me. Though you might want to ask yourself when has an artist ever done that in the past? I'm gonna' guess, never.
Again, who cares? And my personal opinion is that there is nothing wrong with what DD did. It's his business and I am (or anyone else on this board is, for that matter) not the one to tell him how to conduct it. Mainly, though, who cares? He did not harm anyone in the process and those who chose to participate did so on their own free will. Can't say I really want to come back to this though.
IWish wrote:Also, if by 'drama' you mean my melt about the artists behavior in the Mondo thread relating to the sexual assult discussion. Well, again...we all have our opinions about it. I have more than my share of reasons to explain my reaction to his behavior. We'll just leave it at that.
I am not sure I know what you are referring to as my dropping-in to the Mondo thread is pretty random and I can skip it for weeks before dropping in again. So I am definitely missing out on quite a bit. But, sexual assaults do not seat cool with me. I can joke about it though as about almost anything else.

Now that I am done, I won't blame Fredo if finds this one confusing because I am sure if I myself went over what I wrote, I would be confused as well :lol:
User avatar
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert
Posts: 2501
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:32 pm

Image
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 7346
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:36 pm

:lol:
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4950
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:38 pm

that is some drymounting solid quote-in-quotes right there. :clap:
User avatar
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:53 am

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:46 pm

Bubbie's taking off the gloves.

Also really need links to Pedo-Mondo post.
Last edited by michaelmillichamp on Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53536
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:48 pm

tl;dr
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:53 am

Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:11 pm

Catching up on the DD thread... :lol: and IWish wonders why people give her fudge. You seriously called an artist a beggar because he had a donation button on his website that he didn't promote at all on EB. Why not just...you know, not?
User avatar
glenn1
Art Expert
Posts: 1704
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:40 pm

bubbie wrote:
IWish wrote:Also, if by 'drama' you mean my melt about the artists behavior in the Mondo thread relating to the sexual assult discussion. Well, again...we all have our opinions about it. I have more than my share of reasons to explain my reaction to his behavior. We'll just leave it at that.
I am not sure I know what you are referring to as my dropping-in to the Mondo thread is pretty random and I can skip it for weeks before dropping in again. So I am definitely missing out on quite a bit. But, sexual assaults do not seat cool with me. I can joke about it though as about almost anything else.
She got mad at DD for posting "guys youre wasting a perfectly good page 1999. come on. prince gifs or gtfo" while the sexual assault revelations of someone tangentially related to Mondo were being discussed. She and at least one other person were very mad that dance gifs took over for the next couple of pages. You can follow it yourself starting on page 1999 of the Mondo thread if you really want.
IWish
Art Expert
Posts: 9879
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:54 pm

bubbie wrote:
IWish wrote:Blue's thread is for those that have a penchant for Schredenfreud and isn't my kind of entertainment.
:lol:
A few guys/gals having a few laughs at people melting over a failed attempt to buy a poster is not exactly a "Schredenfreud". Probably important to note that it ain't kids melting in the middle of a store because their parents did not get a toy they wanted. It's "grown" men and women complaining about a fifty-dollar piece of paper for the most part. I didn't see anyone actually laughing at anyone's misfortunes; I don't think I would be a part of it if that was the case. So yes, "Schredenfreud" is a bit of an exaggeration. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion and we may disagree here.

It's totally a clear example of Schredenfreud, but as you said...opinions, man.
IWish wrote:In what way is the following a pity-me-I'm-getting-picked-on?
It was not "the following". And I don't believe I used the word pity or any equivalent in my reply to you. What you asked originally was in this post:
IWish wrote:... Maybe someone can tell me what, exactly, I'm supposedly guilty of for the pile-ups? ...
Unless I am missing something, you started the conversation that paul chose to participate in. No one came to pick on you for no particular reason. You two seem to disagree about many things on this forum.

The pile-ups whenever I defend myself against Paul's responses to me and his tendency to omit things. When I question him or point-out discrepancies in his posts. It's his way...to twist things.
IWish wrote:My questions are fairly straight forward relating to a couple of scenarios that I've come across. Questions that no one has answered.
Can't say I understand what questions you are talking about; hence, my "what the drymount are you talking about?" gif.

The last few questions I recall are
  • - what I quoted just above, to which I had already replied and replying right now;
    - the question about significance of the gif I posted, to which I replied;
    - the question about the new bags you made, which I also replied to.
Are there any other questions I am missing?

My "Why is that?" post:
You probably haven't noticed, but for quite sometime now I rarely make posts that require a direct answer. This is mostly done because, more often than not, my posts gets bypassed/talked around. Even though what I had to say pretty much mimics a subsequent post made by another - one that will get responses. Why is that?

I asked a simple favor/for opinions on something and no one responds until I ask directly why no help is forthcoming. Why is that?
IWish wrote:Instead, you've chosen to rehash what I consider to be non-issues; such as, millichamp's joke post or Henry's chill post. I began with a “Heh”, (a laugh), and ended with a “I'm way beyond letting small things bother me.” I'm not sure why you think those posts were of a defensive nature. Rather than include a smiley face emoticon, I began with a laugh, instead. I guess that wasn't enough to keep things light and not on the defensive.
I did not rehash anything. I tried to explain to you what happened and how it evolved in my eyes. Nothing more.

Also, when people keep replying to something that is not really an issue for them and not at all significant and in those replies they keep mentioning how "non-issue" it is for them and how "strong" and whatever they are, you can't blame others for getting an impression that people actually do care. It does not matter to me either way and, like I said, I wasn't going to reply at all at first.

Well, yeah - it was a rehash of non-issues. What I wanted to know was an answers to my, questions in my, "Why is that" quote above.
IWish wrote:I won't go into detail, but I'm currently dealing with some pretty devastating events, so I was being honest in saying to Henry that I was totes chill about the small stuff because that is nothing compared to what I've been dealing with in real life.

So I heard and I am sorry about whatever it is you are dealing with in real life and hope it gets resolved soon to your satisfaction.
Maybe the real life events take a bit of reflection in your posts here? I don't know.

Not even close, bubbie. My real life events are due to a recent illness.
IWish wrote:
bubbie wrote:Question: defend yourself from who/what?
From Paul.
Why? He didn't come to rob your house, neither did he post naked photos of you on Facebook. So what are you really defending yourself from here? You said you went head to head with a guy who ran a multi-million dollar company, so why are you "fighting" with a poster nerd who is happy to have scored a Star Wars print and who thinks that having a pet and having a kid are essentially the same thing. And believe me, it could be much worse because he could bring his pun crew with him. See, I am poking fun at paul here and I don't expect him to rush in telling me how strong he is and really does give fudge yet bothers to take his time to reply (or do I?).
Also, it's internet and like rubberneck says, remember where you are.

We'll just say it's a personality conflict and his omissions to twist things is tiresome. I don't like to be accused of things that aren't true nor will I accept responsibility when he insinuates by omission.
IWish wrote:Why include this in his post?
Who cares?

Okay.
IWish wrote:his statement/threats to discontinue doing “cool things”.
I am not really the right person to judge what's cool and what's not in this world, but it may be a cool thing for some people to personally meet the artist, to shoot fudge with him/her and bring tons of fudge for him/her to sign. Pretty sure no one was talking about all the dollar making as a cool thing they want to stop doing.

C'mon. I was poking fun that he would suggest/threaten to stop doing cool things when that would affect income. Sure, I could have misinterpreted his meaning. I don't know why I thought this...I actually thought that he stopped selling is AP's due to being pissed-off about the dupes.
IWish wrote:What? LOL. What does this JP poster have to do with the wedding bucket drama? After all this time, why would Paul still care so much about that? The only thing I can think of is...hell I dunno'...maybe Paul encouraged the artist to post the bucket on his site? That fudge is old news...who the hell even gives it a second thought anymore. I sure the hell don't. Are you saying that the behavior towards me goes back to the wedding basket drama and, if so, this behavior has spread across the forum?
No, that is not what I am saying. But I am saying that basket back and forth between you and a few (many?) individuals in the DD thread is clearly a part of it. Most things don't happen momentarily. It builds up over time and that basket incident is a part of the chain. Keep in mind that it happened to be the same artist whose comments triggered the current debate and it may appear to some people that you have a grudge for the said artist (I am not saying you do!)

Also, if the basket thing did not happen, it could very well be the case that this current debate would not even take place because you would not bother to comment on DD's tweets. I am not saying it as a certainty, but it is definitely a possibility.

What? I'm not allowed to voice my opinion? Give me a break, EB isn't FB where people have to fear that they'll get banned for voicing their opinion. You don't need me to tell you how shameful things get around here when posts are made against artists. I stated my opinion and now I wear a scarlet letter forever? People just can't respect each other for their opinions and move-on? That's bullshit...talk about a double-standard.
IWish wrote:Does no one take into consideration the reasons why someone like me, (and my own experience), would react the way that I did? Seriously?
It seems you are forgetting where you are again. No one (maybe some do, I don't know) knows who you are aside from IWish and the Bag Lady. So who is to say who really is someone like you? Of course, we all have perception and assumptions of what members of this forum are, but that is about it (yes, some members know/met each other in real life).

You're right. You don't know and no one else really knows why I reacted/melted because of the Mondo post. We'll just leave it at that.
IWish wrote:We all have own opinions and mine was that the artist was taking advantage of his fans by posting a wedding bucket on his art website. I did not expect you or tried to force anyone else to agree with me. Though you might want to ask yourself when has an artist ever done that in the past? I'm gonna' guess, never.
Again, who cares? And my personal opinion is that there is nothing wrong with what DD did. It's his business and I am (or anyone else on this board is, for that matter) not the one to tell him how to conduct it. Mainly, though, who cares? He did not harm anyone in the process and those who chose to participate did so on their own free will. Can't say I really want to come back to this though.

I care so little that I haven't given it a second thought until this discussion. Which is why it surprised me that you suggested that Paul DOES.
IWish wrote:Also, if by 'drama' you mean my melt about the artists behavior in the Mondo thread relating to the sexual assult discussion. Well, again...we all have our opinions about it. I have more than my share of reasons to explain my reaction to his behavior. We'll just leave it at that.
I am not sure I know what you are referring to as my dropping-in to the Mondo thread is pretty random and I can skip it for weeks before dropping in again. So I am definitely missing out on quite a bit. But, sexual assaults do not seat cool with me. I can joke about it though as about almost anything else.

You're right. You don't know and no one else really knows why I reacted/melted because of the Mondo post. We'll just leave it at that.

Now that I am done, I won't blame Fredo if finds this one confusing because I am sure if I myself went over what I wrote, I would be confused as well :lol:
IWish
Art Expert
Posts: 9879
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:19 pm

glenn1 wrote:
bubbie wrote:
IWish wrote:Also, if by 'drama' you mean my melt about the artists behavior in the Mondo thread relating to the sexual assult discussion. Well, again...we all have our opinions about it. I have more than my share of reasons to explain my reaction to his behavior. We'll just leave it at that.
I am not sure I know what you are referring to as my dropping-in to the Mondo thread is pretty random and I can skip it for weeks before dropping in again. So I am definitely missing out on quite a bit. But, sexual assaults do not seat cool with me. I can joke about it though as about almost anything else.
She got mad at DD for posting "guys youre wasting a perfectly good page 1999. come on. prince gifs or gtfo" while the sexual assault revelations of someone tangentially related to Mondo were being discussed. She and at least one other person were very mad that dance gifs took over for the next couple of pages. You can follow it yourself starting on page 1999 of the Mondo thread if you really want.
Sure go ahead and read it. Here, I'll post a link. At this point I have absolutely nothing left to lose. Make sure you take note that his post was made immediately following the Make America Rape Again and the BMD/Faraci discussion. He made NO EFFORT to contribute intelligently to the conversation...just a SHAMEFUL 'your wasting a perfectly good page...let's post dancing gifs. This post was made by an artist that is willing to come to EB to support a fellow artist that's getting trashed, but sexual assault isn't worthy of an intelligent response.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 7#p3307897
Post Reply