Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
fnord
Art Expert

Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:52 pm

That's comedy gold
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
trarex
Art Expert

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Saturday mail delivery will continue.
pic.PNG
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:08 pm

That sounds like a decision by congress to intentionally bankrupt the Post Office.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Something many of us already knew - bud really is nothing more than slightly alcoholic water.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/schumpet ... lerslament

AMERICA boasts a vibrant craft-brewing movement turning out some outstanding libations. But as delicious as Dead Guy Ale, Three Philosophers and Big Sky Moose Drool may be, by volume sold they are decidedly small beer: Americans remain lamentably wedded to their weak brews. The country’s best-selling beer is Bud Light, a thin, insipid lager (a relative of your correspondent’s once noted that the difference between Bud Light and water really starts to show after the fourteenth can).

But there is a difference between selling an overtly watery beer and selling a beer that is more watery than advertised. A series of lawsuits filed in federal courts across America accuse Anheuser-Busch of doing the latter.

Seven suits have so far been filed; Josh Boxer, who represents two aggrieved Californian drinkers, promises more will come soon. The plaintiffs accuse Anheuser-Busch of adding “extra water to its finished products to produce malt beverages that consistently have significantly lower alcohol content than the percentage displayed on its labels”. Anheuser-Busch does this, they allege, not just to Budweiser, but at least nine other beers as well. They and the other plaintiffs have filed a class action lawsuit on behalf of anyone who has bought one of the ten beers in question, and have requested compensatory and punitive damages in excess of $5m. Mr Boxer says the suits “were inspired by a number of whistle-blowers, all knowledgeable former employees with decades of experience at [Anheuser-Busch] in various plants throughout the country.”

Anheuser-Busch InBev, the parent company, which accounts for 47.7% of all beer sales to American retailers and is seeking to buy the rest of Grupo Modelo, a Mexican brewer in which it already holds a 50% stake, denies the accusation. It insists its beers are in full compliance with labeling laws, which permit a variance of 0.3% in alcohol-by-volume content from the amount listed on the can or bottle. Since the filing several media outlets have run their own independent tests that bear out Budweiser's claim to be within the legally permitted variance (though in most cases the beers were slightly below 5%).

These suits come less than a month after consumer outrage compelled Maker’s Mark, one of America’s best-selling premium bourbons, to reverse its decision to cut its alcohol percentage from 45% to 42%. In distilled spirits, and beers alike, it seems, peace through strength works.
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
drummer7795
Art Expert

Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:26 pm

you expect us to watch cars drive in circles while sober?
FKozik wrote:see you in hell.
mistersmith wrote:If you didn't want Horkey to tear you up you shouldn't have worn that short skirt.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:34 am

DonPiano wrote:He's a pocket player after all.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:59 am

mistersmith wrote:I think AT&T intentionally "forgets" to transfer data and messaging plans to new phones so you have to call them so they can act like technical difficulties might force you to upgrade. Sorry AT&T, I'm fully aware grandfathered into this $29 unlimited data plan for the rest of my life and if it means a 10-minute call to tech support every 18 months then so be it.

/my iPhone 5 bill is $87
Verizon is trying to do the same thing with our family plan. Every time I talk with Verizon they chime-in a 2GB for 30$ a phone is better than unlimited. "No joke? How much are we paying for unlimited?" they respond "30$ a phone" Cracks me up. They must be getting a commission when someone bows out.
Every morning I awake as someone else.
1nkling
Site Admin

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:35 am

h8thing wrote:There is someone who keeps urinating on the floor in one of the bathroom stalls at work. He is either missing on purpose or has some kind of dripping condition. Always located in front of the toilet.
One of my old flatmates had a problem with this. He also for some reason always had insanely bright orange pee. Used to always get it all over the seat which annoyed us guys but sent the one girl we lived with into a murderous rage. She was a fiery italian.

I photoshopped up one of those 'Uncle Sam needs you..' type posters into a 'Your housemates need you... To stop peeing on the bloody seat!' type of thing. Stuck it on the wall. He promptly ripped it down the next time he went to the loo so I printed a couple of hundred and gave a stack to each housemate to replace them as needed.

It did actually work for a bit too. Funny as this was I still am thankful for everyday of not sharing a place now. :lol:
My up to date trades and ISOs.
h8thing
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:58 am

1nkling wrote: Stuck it on the wall. He promptly ripped it down the next time he went to the loo so I printed a couple of hundred and gave a stack to each housemate to replace them as needed.:lol:
:lol:
Back in my teens I was a messenger in San Francisco. I had to deliver some rush documents to a Law firm and used their public bathroom after. Upon approaching the urinal, i noticed a pool of urine on the floor. I looked up and saw a white sign on top of the urinal probably left by the janitor. It read something like: "WHO EVER IS URINTATING ON THE FLOOR, IT MUST STOP. I WILL FIND YOU PISS ON FLOOR BANDIT".

I guess whoever was doing it was elusive and probably had a bounty on his head :hanging:
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:43 pm

h8thing wrote:I WILL FIND YOU PISS ON FLOOR BANDIT".
hahaha

I would go into a murderous rage too.
fredo
Art God

Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:39 pm

So, who bought the new Punchgut OG?
just a foil for me today, thanks
drummer7795
Art Expert

Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:57 pm

what was it? pics? i almost bought a pg og years ago, been regretting it.
FKozik wrote:see you in hell.
mistersmith wrote:If you didn't want Horkey to tear you up you shouldn't have worn that short skirt.
fredo
Art God

Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:00 pm

It went before I could make up my mind to drop the $500. Added it to the database.
just a foil for me today, thanks
h8thing
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:39 pm

BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:43 pm

h8thing wrote:you guys see this fudge?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/22/us/georgi ... ?hpt=hp_t1

wtf
Reading that made me physically ill. I don't know what I would do if it was my son. I'd go drymounting insane. Disgusting.