hey photographers, post your photos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Mapman
Art Expert

Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Got no one to share this with, but just picked up a decently priced used speedlight. Seems the model I was eyeing to get is either being discontinued or it's just sold out everywhere. Demand has been going up and even the used ones are going for more than the original price, a lot more, and I finally snagged one for what they SHOULD be selling for used. :clap: :clap: :clap:
justin
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Took these on my latest trip to Maui. Makena is one of my favorite areas to visit.

fredo
Art God

Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:33 pm

Aloha, Kaho'olawe!

In other news- looking at picking up either a Panasonic Lumix LX7 or a Sony RX100. Assuming an equal price (they aren't), any thoughts? I've heard/read that the Sony's sensor is a big step up.
just a foil for me today, thanks
ksn
Art Expert

Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:37 am

fredo wrote:Aloha, Kaho'olawe!

In other news- looking at picking up either a Panasonic Lumix LX7 or a Sony RX100. Assuming an equal price (they aren't), any thoughts? I've heard/read that the Sony's sensor is a big step up.
I had an LX5 several years ago and own an RX100 now. The RX100 is definitely worth it. I got a 3 year accidental warranty on it, didn't bother with a case, and I can put it in a pocket, throw it in a bag, don't have to worry about babying it. The photos come out great, the videos are decent for a camera this size and all settings are adjustable.

It's been several years since I sold my LX5; I want to say that I prefer the RX100 a lot more than my LX5, but I might just not have been that into it back then.
kollektor
New User

Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:33 pm

It's cool to see some fantastic images in here. I've had my workhorse of a camera, a Nikon D300s, stolen recently and am looking at the latest mid-range Nikon cameras to replace it with. Now that full frame cameras are at prices that are somewhat similar to what the D300s cost me a few years ago, it is turning out to be a tough decision to either make the move to FX or stay with DX format. Any thoughts? I'm gonna be finding out more about the current line-up of cameras and such. Happy holidayz!
fredo
Art God

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:33 pm

Thanks ksn- I went with the Sony based primarily on the relative sensor size. The pics so far make my last point/shoot's look like crayola smears.
Last edited by fredo on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just a foil for me today, thanks
electrachrome
Site Admin

Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:59 pm

fredo wrote:Thanks- I went with the Sony based primarily on the relative sensor size. The pics so far make my last point/shoot's look like crayola smears.
good call. one of my coworkers picked one up last summer. he likes it more than his Nikon DSLR. I have an old Panasonic LX2, but the image quality isn't good enough for making large format prints...so, I'm waffling between an Olympus E-P5 & Panasonic LUMIX GX7

pretty sure I'm going to go with all Olympus glass and only fast prime lenses. (12mm f2.0, 45mm f1.8, 75mm f1.8 and maybe the 150 f2.0 *if I can sell some more of my photos to justify it)
NoseSpray
Art Expert

Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:45 am

kollektor wrote:It's cool to see some fantastic images in here. I've had my workhorse of a camera, a Nikon D300s, stolen recently and am looking at the latest mid-range Nikon cameras to replace it with. Now that full frame cameras are at prices that are somewhat similar to what the D300s cost me a few years ago, it is turning out to be a tough decision to either make the move to FX or stay with DX format. Any thoughts? I'm gonna be finding out more about the current line-up of cameras and such. Happy holidayz!
How much glass do you have for DX? That'd be my determining factor if I wasn't trying to spend lots of money on new lenses and time on selling old ones. Otherwise, go FX all the way.
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:14 pm

appletree
Art Expert

Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Had some pages to catch up on. Congrats everyone.

Got my Hassie back from being repaired a few months back, but was so busy had not had time to take it out yet. Happy though since it has been since I was in Peru 2+ years ago when I came back and developed all my film to which 50% was ruined.

Also got my stamps and everything in so in the coming weeks I will finally be rolling out prints and sending off ones promised, etc etc. Busy end of 2013. Best of luck to you photographers in 2014.
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

:::Johnathon Powers Photography:::
Sail wrote:it was all just a misunderstandingtree.
titanm3
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:32 pm

Congrats on getting your camera back! That's always a good feeling, even if you aren't using it right away, knowing you can is nice. It's been hard for me to get out and shoot lately, but went out for new years day and did a little shooting at fort funston in SF.

A few more if anyone is interested - http://mikemehielphotography.com/galler ... t-funston/
chuckkeppler
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:25 am

I bought a Yashica A TLR a month or so ago and finally developed the film and processed some prints over the weekend. turns out it works pretty well!

I've got a bunch more black and whites here:
http://www.chuck-keppler.com/gallery4.php

all film, different cameras (holgas, Nikon FM10, pinholes, etc...)
justin
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:47 pm

Just some Alien action figures..

The Other Way, Dallas by Monster Bento, on Flickr

I'll Volunteer To Be In The First Group To Go Out by Monster Bento, on Flickr

And this was shot with film using a Minolta X-370N
Forget The Bowl by Monster Bento, on Flickr
clem99
EB Team

Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:33 am

some recents
art is the only justification for pain :)
leary411
Art Expert

Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:40 am

clem99 wrote:some recents
Looking good. Fireworks are really nice :clap:
T.K.C.