Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
iratasan
Flipper

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:54 pm

oh and also:

people who have been eating meat like it was the best thing ever for over 25 years and out of a sudden chose to become vegetarians and act like they have never touched a cheeseburger in their life.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:55 pm

People who you know are very capable of performing a certain task, yet they play stupid, or do the task half-assed 'cause they think they will not be asked to do it again. I guess this works for some people, but it just makes you look like a big douche bag. Just do it and do it right.
maden
Art Expert

Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:55 pm

Tapecat wrote: Dude get yer ass to Aldi, they have no idea what to do with those things here.
aldi is the weirdest grocery store i have ever encountered. it is kind of a pet peeve
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

machination
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:01 pm

TheThirdEye wrote:People who you know are very capable of performing a certain task, yet they play stupid, or do the task half-assed 'cause they think they will not be asked to do it again. I guess this works for some people, but it just makes you look like a big douche bag. Just do it and do it right.
Ugh. There are too many people who do this.
fredo
Art God

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:02 pm

machination wrote:
TheThirdEye wrote:People who you know are very capable of performing a certain task, yet they play stupid, or do the task half-assed 'cause they think they will not be asked to do it again. I guess this works for some people, but it just makes you look like a big douche bag. Just do it and do it right.
Ugh. There are too many people who do this.
And they're called "civil servants".
just a foil for me today, thanks
Tapecat
Art Expert

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:04 pm

oh and also:

people who have been eating meat like it was the best thing ever for over 25 years and out of a sudden chose to become vegetarians and act like they have never touched a cheeseburger in their life.
:evil: Yep this one gets me riled.

I have a lot of friends that fit this category.

Whats worse for me is when I'm having a Summer Grillin fiesta and after I succumb to making a Veggie Burger the complaints start:

You cooked it wrong - I have NO F'in idea how to cook a Veggie Burger

It Tastes like Meat Now - well it IS a veggie BURGER :twisted:

Don't you have another grill that's clean. - FU, my Grill is clean as all get out and well seasoned with Bacon Grease! Thank You.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tapecat
Art Expert

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:10 pm

maden wrote:
Tapecat wrote: Dude get yer ass to Aldi, they have no idea what to do with those things here.
aldi is the weirdest grocery store i have ever encountered. it is kind of a pet peeve
Absolutely!

It's been the Food Stamp Savin' place as long as I can remember.
I remember my GP's telling me that as a kid in Chi-Town.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:23 pm

People who don't eat meat and think everyone has to cater to them because of this. Example... went out to eat pizza with a group of friends (all meat eaters), but one of my buddies girlfriend is vegetarian. We ended up having to order a veggie pizza because of that. Why should we have to suffer? It was either that or order another pizza just for her. I think all vegetarians should be responsible for their own meals since the majority of people eat meat.

Barbecue - bring and cook your own veggie burger
Pizza place - prepare to order a salad cause everyone else wants meat on their pizza!

Oh and I hate it when the choice of restaurant is determined because one person requires a vegetarian menu. The burden is on you to find something to eat. It's your choice to be vegetarian, so suffer when everyone else wants to go the steak house.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:28 pm

TheThirdEye wrote:People who don't eat meat and think everyone has to cater to them because of this. Example... went out to eat pizza with a group of friends (all meat eaters), but one of my buddies girlfriend is vegetarian. We ended up having to order a veggie pizza because of that. Why should we have to suffer? It was either that or order another pizza just for her. I think all vegetarians should be responsible for their own meals since the majority of people eat meat.

Pizza place - prepare to order a salad cause everyone else wants meat on their pizza!

Oh and I hate it when the choice of restaurant is determined because one person requires a vegetarian menu. The burden is on you to find something to eat. It's your choice to be vegetarian, so suffer when everyone else wants to go the steak house.

Testify!
iratasan
Flipper

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:29 pm

Tapecat wrote:
oh and also:

:evil: Yep this one gets me riled.

I have a lot of friends that fit this category.

Whats worse for me is when I'm having a Summer Grillin fiesta and after I succumb to making a Veggie Burger the complaints start:

You cooked it wrong - I have NO F'in idea how to cook a Veggie Burger

It Tastes like Meat Now - well it IS a veggie BURGER :twisted:

Don't you have another grill that's clean. - FU, my Grill is clean as all get out and well seasoned with Bacon Grease! Thank You.
i was hitting the drive-thru a while ago with one of those peeps. i bought a burger, he bought a veggie burger. he got the packages confused, bit into the one that was supposed to be mine. he spat it out, yelling "oh my god, that's drymounting meat!". yeah man, look who's talking: 25 years of eating meat vs 4 weeks of not eating meat. i can CLEARLY see where you are coming from. :roll:
Kdh12
Art Freak

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:30 pm

Tapecat wrote:With all the new "Self Checkouts" at the grocery stores now there's a whole NEW set of Ass Chapping Shite going on.

You've check out & paid but Haven't bagged.
Then Some Dill Rod comes to the register and starts with His/her fudge and yours isn't even off the belt yet.

Today some Douche hat at the same self checkout lines needs Cigs, so Now I'm waiting at the self line when that ass SHOULD have gone to a Service register.
Oh and He waits TWICE as long for them cause someones got to see what he needs first, Then get the key...Blah, Blah Blah.

Food stamp folks holding up the line at Whole foods!!! No Lyin....I seen it!
Dude get yer ass to Aldi, they have no idea what to do with those things here.

:evil: :twisted: :evil:

why can't someone with foodstamps shop at Whole Foods.... Aldi while cheap is not the best quality, somethings yeah, but why not go somewhere you can get good fruit, veggies, milk and cheese.
mmmm Beer :pint:
Kdh12
Art Freak

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:34 pm

ryefish75 wrote:
TheThirdEye wrote:People who don't eat meat and think everyone has to cater to them because of this. Example... went out to eat pizza with a group of friends (all meat eaters), but one of my buddies girlfriend is vegetarian. We ended up having to order a veggie pizza because of that. Why should we have to suffer? It was either that or order another pizza just for her. I think all vegetarians should be responsible for their own meals since the majority of people eat meat.

Testify!

I am a vegetarian and I go out of my way to make sure that I do not get special treatment. I let others pick the restaurant and I find something on the menu even if that means only ordering side dishes.

But seriously with pizza there is no reason that you can not order one meat and one either veggie or cheese. It will all get eaten in the end. :pint:

My new pet peeve, meat eaters that think veggies come with some sort of disease attached
mmmm Beer :pint:
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:36 pm

People who wear their pants way to long, and continually step on the bottom of their pant legs with their heel so much that they are ripped and stained brown from dirt and mud. Yet they continue to wear them like no one notices.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:40 pm

Kdh12 wrote:
ryefish75 wrote:

Testify!

I am a vegetarian and I go out of my way to make sure that I do not get special treatment. I let others pick the restaurant and I find something on the menu even if that means only ordering side dishes.

But seriously with pizza there is no reason that you can not order one meat and one either veggie or cheese. It will all get eaten in the end. :pint:

My new pet peeve, meat eaters that think veggies come with some sort of disease attached
You are an exception. From my experience the burden is always placed on the meat eaters. I have nothing against vegetarians, just the ones who think they deserve some kind of special treatment.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 pm

People who think it's cool to be the first post/comment on any internet forum/website. I always see people post "First!" as the first comment. It's not a race, and you don't win anything, so contribute an actual comment instead of playing some stupid "i posted first" game that no one cares about.

Sorry... I'm on a rampage today. :twisted: