Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:13 pm

It has worked flawlessly for the past 11 months. Now, I can print anything I don't need and nothing I do. To include my own paycheck.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Direct deposit is much easier.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:09 pm

Can't remember if I posted this or not, I searched and didn't find it...anyway, I can't stand when people use the phrase "should of." That's nonsense. It's "should have," and people only think it's "should of" because of a) the contraction "should've" and b) most people can't speak clearly. "Should have."
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
drummer7795
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:00 pm

mistersmith wrote:Can't remember if I posted this or not, I searched and didn't find it...anyway, I can't stand when people use the phrase "should of." That's nonsense. It's "should have," and people only think it's "should of" because of a) the contraction "should've" and b) most people can't speak clearly. "Should have."
I say shouldda. But I'm an uptight new yorker. My friends in the south can't understand a damn word I say.
FKozik wrote:see you in hell.
mistersmith wrote:If you didn't want Horkey to tear you up you shouldn't have worn that short skirt.
tourist504
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:23 pm

mistersmith wrote:Can't remember if I posted this or not, I searched and didn't find it...anyway, I can't stand when people use the phrase "should of." That's nonsense. It's "should have," and people only think it's "should of" because of a) the contraction "should've" and b) most people can't speak clearly. "Should have."
It's not "can't." It's "cannot." Also, it's not "didn't." It's "did not." Also, it's not "that's." It's "that is." Also, it's not "it's." It's "it is."

This is what you sound like, Commander Data. How can you be a cafeteria contraction user?

And come on: "should've" is practically the same thing as "they've." Certainly not high speech, but come on!

Though I do agree about "should of." Drives me nuts when people say that!
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
tourist504
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:27 pm

Codeblue wrote:I've never met a single person happy with an HP product.
I have an HP G71-340us laptop and an HP6500 desk jet, and I've had zero problems.

This post created on a PC.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
maden
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:31 pm

i hate 'deja vu all over again'. well, unless it is a reference to a previous deja vu. then by all means.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

byc101
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:41 pm

maden wrote:i hate 'deja vu all over again'. well, unless it is a reference to a previous deja vu. then by all means.
Well you do know why Yogi said that, right? And when I hear someone say that phrase I assume it refers to something that has happened over and over. Unless it's something I know hasn't.
Last edited by byc101 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
byc101
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:43 pm

The membership rush in the gym after New Year's.
maden
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:51 pm

byc101 wrote:
maden wrote:i hate 'deja vu all over again'. well, unless it is a reference to a previous deja vu. then by all means.
Well you do know why Yogi said that, right? And when I hear someone say that phrase I assume it refers to something that has happened over and over. Unless it's something I know hasn't.
i assume most people are morons and have no idea what they are saying. i am a cynical person though
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

artoholic
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:55 pm

I hate when people use public forums to shamelessly promote their personal agenda

Support great music and buy this album... please
:D

"anti-intellect and marketing, pretty, pretty, who needs talent
crying eyes, we're so outnumbered, fight for the right to remain silent"
~ Rich Terfry
"Selling my stories to the violent and perverted, all eyes are on me and I don't deserve it
Nothing to do, except I guess to play blues, sleep in my car, I’m yesterdays news"

~ Richard Terfry aka Buck 65

http://www.myspace.com/bikeforthree
Catarax
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:01 pm

drummer7795 wrote:
I say shouldda. But I'm an uptight new yorker. My friends in the south can't understand a damn word I say.

samething goes for "and what not"..

why do people insist on using it as an ending for almost every sentence they say, and what not...
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
mphellrazor
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:02 pm

my pet peeves.

the Iowa Hawkeyes
people who send an e-mail and then visit your office to discuss the email they just sent.
hanger nipples.
people who try to sneak in a lane right before the exit. id rather crash into a drymounting guard rail then let them in.
virtually anyone in a lifted, giant truck that isnt a farmer or an alaskan.
frames that wont stay level.
drywall cracks.

so many more.
byc101
Art Expert

Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:02 pm

maden wrote:
byc101 wrote:
i assume most people are morons and have no idea what they are saying. i am a cynical person though
True.
JasonSlc
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:34 am

byc101 wrote:The membership rush in the gym after New Year's.
I always say, the same people you see in October, you'll see in March. This is not true of the interim months.