Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:59 am

Or how about the guy that's been on the forum since 2009 and just made 3 seperate FS posts all with 1 poster each in them, within 6 minutes. At least he actually listed somethin in there instead of the new "check the collection" only posts though, i'll give him that.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:19 pm

Lazy parents who shove an iPad into their kid's hands to get them out of their hair, unknowingly destroying all social skills before they even begin to have interpersonal relationships. FUBAR, this is why millennials are a bunch of awkward fcuks
fredo
Art God

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:20 pm

And on my lawn taboot!
just a foil for me today, thanks
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:24 pm

That aint no lie! And then all the kid wants to do is watch Youtube videos or play games. You tell them no, they throw a tantrum, so you give it to them to shut them up, and they get exactly what they wanted. It's very annoying.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:26 pm

One of the many unforeseen detrimental side effects of the advancement of technology. Too bad most people are too stupid to see it before it's too late.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:38 pm

I'm going to be controversial and ask if either of you have children?
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:40 pm

I agree, and we keep electronics time to a minimum. They aren't allowed to have them when there are conversations or fun to be had elsewhere. Buuuut, games and videos have been instrumental in encouraging our kids to learn. Really they're just tools and the result is in the user's hands. It's like tv. It's only garbage if all you watch is garbage. If you watch discovery or the science channel all day, you might learn something.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:45 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:I agree, and we keep electronics time to a minimum. They aren't allowed to have them when there are conversations or fun to be had elsewhere. Buuuut, games and videos have been instrumental in encouraging our kids to learn. Really they're just tools and the result is in the user's hands. It's like tv. It's only garbage if all you watch is garbage. If you watch discovery or the science channel all day, you might learn something.
Boom, agreed. You don't really know what the kid is watching on YouTube or what they're doing on the iPad. If you can have every second of your childs life spent outside on a bicycle or running, then I guess great for you. But there's a lot more to development than strictly physical activity- it's all important to teaching your kid. My daughter is 7 and she 'plays' a math game for school called Prodigy and it gets her doing math and "leveling" a character up while she does problems. It's all a balance.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:46 pm

Cinlabyrinth wrote:I'm going to be controversial and ask if either of you have children?
Nope. I hope you're not about to defend this. I'm a believer in letting children play games and use these kinds of devices, I'm talking about the parents who don't care if it's literally strapped to the kid's side 24/7. There definitely has to be a balance, but there usually isn't.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:49 pm

I hate when I see a family in a parking lot, and the kid's face is glued to his screen, and mom is yelling at him to hurry up or watch for cars. Kids don't work like that, dumbass.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:51 pm

Bikejoh wrote:
Cinlabyrinth wrote:I'm going to be controversial and ask if either of you have children?
Nope. I hope you're not about to defend this. I'm a believer in letting children play games and use these kinds of devices, I'm talking about the parents who don't care if it's literally strapped to the kid's side 24/7. There definitely has to be a balance, but there usually isn't.
If you're with them 24/7 and you know the kids got his face in the screen 24/7 then I'll trust you here. I just think until you have kids and spend time trying to best develop your child, it's hard to understand how parents plan for their kids time in the day.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:56 pm

I hope my kid is using his device to find a drymounting apartment and move out, I have plans for that bedroom he's stinking up.
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:01 pm

ToonKiller wrote:I hope my kid is using his device to find a drymounting apartment and move out, I have plans for that bedroom he's stinking up.
You win, show's over. :lol:
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:07 pm

Not much longer now and I'll be posting my joy in the Anti- Pet Peeve thread :ziggi:
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:18 pm

My 14 year old has to leave her phone and ipad downstairs after 7, and she is literally the only one of her friends who has to do that. Her crew sends text and tweets and snapchats until midnight or later, on school nights, regularly. That's just insane to me. And the thing is, she doesn't argue about it and has admitted that it's like a weight off her mind every night. She has 2-3 hours to finish homework, create, read, go to sleep early, whatever.

So yeah, those lame parents who just give their kid the pad for hours on end really suck. But there have always been and will always be shitty parents out there. Nothing new.