Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Got into a discussion about pet peeves this weekend that I found to be very therapeutic. I know a few have been mentioned from time to time, like a certain member's distaste for the word "irregardless" or misuse of the phrase "could not care less." I think some member's sense of entitlement was another's. Some go without saying, but there are some unique to each of us.
Thought I'd vent some of mine and make a place for folks to list there own and see if we can validate each other's annoyances and irritations and make the world a better place.

Here we go:

Shirtless Drivers:
Because there's always Fabreeze for that upholstery, right?.

Fat Guys in Big Dogs Tees:
Yeah, 'Cause at this point, you're not morbidly obese, you're a "Big Dog!" :roll:

People who tape bumper stickers to their car or car windows:
Because your social/political convictions stop when it comes to the re-sale value of your car.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:56 pm

Being in a long line at the post office at 9 am and there's 2 people working the counter.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:58 pm

Codeblue wrote:Being in a long line at the post office at 9 am and there's 2 people working the counter.
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Two Peeves.....Cashiers and neighbors' dogs.

When cashiers give you change. They put the bills in your hand and then dump the coins on top of the paper bills.
Like WTF am I supposed to do with that mess.
It always causes me to drop change. Why not give me the bills, let me put them in my damn wallet and THEN give me the change.

I think I am going to start pulling my hand away with just the bills before they can put the change in and cause them to dump the change all over the place. Then, I'll tell them they need to pick it up.

I hate it when neighbor's dog shits in my front yard. If I wanted dog fudge in my yard, I would own a dog (the day is coming).
Last summer, I went on a little 2am rage and was slinging shovels of dog turds across the street into my neighbor's yard.
I knew it was his dog because he has a Golden Ret. and the turds were big and full of yellow hair. Sorry, TMI, I know.

While we're on the topic of dogs. One of the other neighbors has a little ankle biter, yapper dog who likes to confront me in MY driveway. That's right....little angry f'er comes into my driveway and tries to establish his territory by threat. I've resorted to yelling, "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME !!" at him throwing up my arms and chasing him off.

I probably look like I'm insane. :lol:
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
latetotheshow
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:11 pm

People who put dishes, glasses, etc in the sink. When the dishwasher's right there.
MJBuck
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:11 pm

unsolicited rude pm's

Dave Mathews Band
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:14 pm

freaksmeout wrote: When cashiers give you change. They put the bills in your hand and then dump the coins on top of the paper bills.
Like WTF am I supposed to do with that mess.
I'm with you there Man. I've mitigated this problem lately by keeping enough change on hand that I always have exact change or use the debit card.
freaksmeout wrote: I hate it when neighbor's dog shits in my front yard. If I wanted dog fudge in my yard, I would own a dog (the day is coming).
That sucks, our city has retty strict rules about that kind of thing, so it isn't a problem in our neighborhood.
freaksmeout wrote: While we're on the topic of dogs. One of the other neighbors has a little ankle biter, yapper dog who likes to confront me in MY driveway. That's right....little angry f'er comes into my driveway and tries to establish his territory by threat. I've resorted to yelling, "YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME !!" at him throwing up my arms and chasing him off.

I probably look like I'm insane. :lol:
I think you can count this problem gone when you finally get your own dog.
Staunchy
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:36 pm

ebayers who buy then get upset when item does not arrive in three days.

ebayers who buy then complain about shipping cost after the fact they won your auction and knew before they bid the cost of shipping.

ebayers who hold negative feedback over your head ..,making one bend over backwards to make things right.

ebayers who do not pay.

ebayers who can not wait to get that tracking info..so they can track some worthless poster.

Dog shitting in my yard.

Guys in big trucks

Girls in big trucks
i and i
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:38 pm

dogs
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
scrubjay
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:40 pm

shirtless guys anywhere in public :vomit:
leaf blowers-hate hate hate them
lawns (because they are a waste of space and water, a dumping ground for chemicals, and a source of much noise pollution (why can't anyone take care of their yard with old-school tools anymore??)
going to my secret spot for solo backpacking and seeing another human :evil:

I share most of the above peeves. Those little dogs can do damage though, I'm telling you! I've only been bit twice by dogs and they were both small yappers. Hate the bumpersticker tapers too. and dog fudge in my yard.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:41 pm

most of my other ones relate to driving such as...

waiting until the last second to merge when getting on the highway
coming to pretty much a complete stop before making a turn on a residential street.
taking 2 or 3 attempts (or more) to successfully pull into a parking space
going more than .1mph below the speed limit

driving is not that drymounting difficult and some people obviously just are not capable.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:43 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:taking 2 or 3 attempts (or more) to successfully pull into a parking space.
Guilty as charged.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:45 pm

Codeblue wrote:
greenhorn1 wrote:taking 2 or 3 attempts (or more) to successfully pull into a parking space.
Guilty as charged.
I wasn't even talking parallell parking. I understand that can be a bit difficult especially with a larger car. I was just talking about a regular parking lot space. :)
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:50 pm

eBayers are a given Staunchy, we all feel your pain there from time to time.

The big trucks thing is a mystery to me too. I saw some mook in a huge truck nearly flatten a little Oaxacan family in a cross walk because his 60 inch tires and lift-kit put him so high he couldn't see anything within 4 feet of his truck. At least whenever you see one of those trucks, there is some consolation in that other area :wink: .
But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:03 pm

ryefish75 wrote: Shirtless Drivers:
This is not allowed by law here in Portugal