Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:15 pm

ryefish75 wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:I hate it when I fart leaving an elevator knowing the next person is going to have to smell it

Are you kidding? I do this on purpose, to spite the people coming in afterwards. Most of the time I'll fart in an elevator and then take the stairs instead, to punish those lazy fat-asses who could otherwise use the exercise.
:lol:

Your infected, with my kind of sickness!

One time, I farted BIG time, so I push the button to get off for fear of someone else getting on before my stop and sees my eyes watering........ problem was, I got the same elevator minutes later only to find the people on board gagging and laughing. I did not take the credit- it was real real bad.
talevine
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:16 pm

Besides all of my other pet peeves, my biggest one around here is the use of the term 'mint'. The people that created and monitor this site put a lot of thought into creating a universal language that we could speak to each other in order to understand the condition of a piece. NO WHERE is the term 'mint', 'near mint', 'almost mint' used. It gets even better when I state that a poster is in 'like new' condition and I'm asked "is that mint?"

Just as a reminder, the definitions are here:

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/mes ... lCondition

carry on...
lbjoeyd
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:54 pm

I hate it when I see people riding their bikes in the wrong gear. I'm no cyclist by any means, but I'm pretty sure I could get into the right gear.

I also hate it when people are riding bikes together side by side in the bike lane, and think that because they are with a friend, the bike lane line no longer applies to them and they end up halfway into traffic.
aahnutz
EB Team

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:00 pm

When there's half a can of mousse left, but even after a minute or two of vigorous shaking it still comes out like water.
If I pay for a whole can, I should be able to use it all. That fudge's expensive. That reminds me, I need to write a nasty letter to Rusk.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:01 pm

lbjoeyd wrote:I hate it when I see people riding their bikes in the wrong gear. I'm no cyclist by any means, but I'm pretty sure I could get into the right gear.

I also hate it when people are riding bikes together side by side in the bike lane, and think that because they are with a friend, the bike lane line no longer applies to them and they end up halfway into traffic.
you see people riding bikes with gears in long beach? everyone rides fixed gear so they can be COOL. and yea, people here don't understand that their jutting out into traffic half the time.
8=====D~~~~
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:01 pm

i thought you just used aquanet lorraine?
8=====D~~~~
aahnutz
EB Team

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:03 pm

BlakeAronson wrote:i thought you just used aquanet lorraine?
What the drymount is that?
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
lbjoeyd
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:08 pm

BlakeAronson wrote: you see people riding bikes with gears in long beach? everyone rides fixed gear so they can be COOL. and yea, people here don't understand that their jutting out into traffic half the time.
Once you get away from the beach there are less and less cruisers, but that doesn't stop them all from riding in first gear.
BlakeAronson
Flipper

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:13 pm

aahnutz wrote:
BlakeAronson wrote:i thought you just used aquanet lorraine?
What the drymount is that?
8=====D~~~~
DMBfan
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:40 pm

MJBuck wrote:Dave Mathews Band
people who spell Dave Matthews Band wrong...

:wink:
scrubjay
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:51 pm

Evangelical Christians that don't care about the planet because Jesus is coming back soon and they will all be floated away.
drummer7795
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:07 pm

When it's winter and my roommates open their bedroom window to equalize the heat in their room. Instead of adjusting the thermostat they just fling the windows open and keep the thermostat where it was. That's right just throw our money out the window, thanks. My roommates LOVE keeping the lights on in empty rooms. I come home after a 15 hour shift thinking there's a party at my apartment, and walk in to an empty first floor with every drymounting light on, and my roommates in bed wtf seriously. Even though we're in our late twenties I feel as if I'm the only adult living with two kids, always telling them how we can keep the bills down, etc. Then they run the dishwasher twice a day with barely anything in that posterkiller. Just use the damn water it's free!
FKozik wrote:see you in hell.
mistersmith wrote:If you didn't want Horkey to tear you up you shouldn't have worn that short skirt.
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:10 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:I hate it when I fart leaving an elevator knowing the next person is going to have to smell it
this brings up a good one for me....well the elevator part anyway.

this really drives me nuts. i hate when exiting an elevator, after taking it DOWN to the lobby of the building, and having the idiots waiting to get on make it a fight to get on and off the damn closet sized pod. I just don't understand how you people don't expect people to get off the damn thing on the bottom floor.

Now, the brunt of my experience with this lovely phenomenon has been in Vegas, as I'm no daily elevator riding office mofo, so it may be something thats more common in a hotel, or even Vegas for that matter.

btw the "crapmachine" line made my night, thank you.
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.
mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:16 pm

The most common denominator appears to be dog poop.

Who knew? :?
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:17 pm

lbjoeyd wrote:
BlakeAronson wrote: you see people riding bikes with gears in long beach? everyone rides fixed gear so they can be COOL. and yea, people here don't understand that their jutting out into traffic half the time.
Once you get away from the beach there are less and less cruisers, but that doesn't stop them all from riding in first gear.
They're not cruisers. They're these:

and they're whats cool man. get with it.
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.
mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.