Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:14 pm

sixstringer wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:52 am
Irishman12 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:04 pm
...you should have that order ready to go when you hit the counter.
^This

Biggest pet peeve when ordering food is knowing exactly what I want but getting repeatedly interrupted mid-sentence with questions that I was just getting ready to answer had they let me finish my order. Now that we've talked over each other I have to go back and repeat myself, usually more than once. :evil:
This ^

"Hi, can I have a medium whopper with cheese meal, coke & fries and that's to go, please?
Hello sir, so you want a whopper meal?

Yes.

You want a medium or large meal?

Medium.

You want cheese on the burger, yes?

Yes.

Fries?

Yes.

And that was a soda drink. Coke, yes?

Yes.

And that will be to go, yes?

Yes.

Anything else?

No.

Okay sir so that's a medium whopper with cheese meal, fries and a coke, to go, yes?

Yes. "
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:21 pm

Keep eating that BK fudge and you won’t have to deal with it too long... 8-)
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:24 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:21 pm
Keep eating that BK fudge and you won’t have to deal with it too long... 8-)
Profits will soar, employees will get scholarships to go to BK University, learn to comprehend more than one selection criteria at a time and my peeve will disappear?

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:31 pm

Gotta step up yer quick service game. In N Out, Habit, Smashburger, Chik Fil A, or GTFO.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:36 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:31 pm
Gotta step up yer quick service game. In N Out, Habit, Smashburger, Chik Fil A, or GTFO.
TBH, BK was more an example. We actually got a decent enuff place nearby. Not too pretentious or expensive either.

http://berniesburgerbus.com/usrfiles/fi ... 19_web.pdf

The Substitute ftw!

35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:40 pm

luv smashburger
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
fredo
Art God

Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:43 pm

As if those poor slobs weren't following a script. Or hadn't been bitched out in public for "getting an order wrong" by nice folk like yourselves.

just a foil for me today, thanks
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:30 pm

I used to go to Clark Dog on Chicago's north side after a good night of drinking and the people that worked there could understand slurred drunken speech. I had a drunk buddy who made his order and I understood nothing of what he said. He tried to repeat himself but the guy behind the counter just waived him on. His order was perfect.

Word has it that a Clark Dog $20 now gets you a chocolate milkshake you will never forget.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:38 pm

I don't know if I'll get Chick-fil-A at some point, they just opened one near my job in the city.

It tastes just kinda bland, pretty good shakes though.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:00 pm

Try the spicy.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:14 am

Codeblue wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:00 pm
Try the spicy.
^this

That said their fries blow.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
sixstringer
Art Expert

Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:50 am

fredo wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:43 pm
As if those poor slobs weren't following a script. Or hadn't been bitched out in public for "getting an order wrong" by nice folk like yourselves.
I've got no problem with them verifying my order like in Rubber's example. I'm talking about when they constantly interrupt you mid order...

Hi can I get a Double Cheeseburger with ...

Double Cheeseburger, you want fries and a drink with that?

Uh, yeah but on that burger no onion or ma...

No onion. And for your drink?

Coke, but back to that burger - no onion, no mayo please.

Okay, one sec. (figuring out how to go back and edit the burger) So...no onion and what else?

Mayo.

Okay no onion, no mayo. And for your drink?

Coke. And also...

Okay Double Cheeseburger no onion or mayo, combo with a Coke?

Yeah and also...

Okay that'll be $6.84 please pull ahead.

Actually I also need another meal...

:evil:
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:18 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:40 pm
luv smashburger
I went to one once and wasn't impressed by it. Haven't been back. It wasn't bad just nothing that has motivated me to go back.

I finally have an In-N-Out burger coming by me either later this year or early next year that I can't wait for! I know a lot of people don't like their fries (get them animal style if you aren't already) but I do enjoy their burgers. Fresh and cheap.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:40 pm

Not really a pet peeve and more just bitching.

Was supposed to drive the family over to AL to see my parent this morning. Last night I’m out with the kids when the battery light comes on in the van; take it to the shop, alternator needs to be replaced; of course the kids are losing their minds and now it’s going to be 2 hours for repairs. Thankfully a friend came and took them back to thier house. So that was expensive, but at least it didn’t happen on the long and early drive planned for this morning.

But, because I’m stuck at a dealership, my wife has to leave work early to take the dogs to the vet for boarding. Our “puppy” is close to 100 pounds now. And he hates being on a leash, just freaks the drymount out. I try to explain to her over the phone exactly how you have to stand with him, and how you need to hold onto the harness. She’s says cool. 20 minutes later she calls because the dog freaked out, slipped the harness, and bolted down the street. I’m actually on the phone with her when she finds him and he gets into the car - I should note this is my car she’s driving. She mentions his feet are bleeding; we board with my vet, so I tell she’s going to the right place. So she drops him off with the vet, and runs back home (it’s like .25 miles from the vet) to get the other dog. Who is very old. And promptly poops in my car in the .25 mile drive back to the vet.

Wife gets to the vet and the puppy has spiked a fever. Like a 105 fever. So my wife drops the old man dog off and takes the pup over to the new animal emergency room in town. Bleeding on his feet were because he burned through the paws on his pads when he was loose and running on the road. Fever is a stress reaction. They have to keep him overnight. By this point - it was really when she had to take him to the animal hospital - I’ve already told my parents we’ll be delayed a day because we can’t leave pup at the hospital for a week. My wife is there for nearly four hours, comes home.

Okay, so we’ll regroup, get everything taken care of today, and leave tomorrow...

Pick the pup up this morning, he’s drugged but otherwise his sweet self. I call the vet to confirm boarding, they say they’ll call me back. Two hours later they call me back and tell me they can’t board the pup, as he actually spiked the stress fever overnight at the hospital a couple more times, and if it happens during boarding - and he is an anxious pup - and he gets that sort of fever unmonitored he could die.

So anyways, trip is cancelled. Kids are crushed. Worried about my puppy. A few thousand dollars in unexpected expenses. Car interior is covered in bloody paw prints, smells faintly of poop.

What a drymounting 24 hours...
jjttdw
Art Expert

Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:10 am

Dude, that blows.