Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
BavarianErin
Art Expert

Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:51 pm

RiotAct wrote:
BavarianErin wrote:
PLUSH wrote:
BavarianErin wrote:Being accused of trying to "cash in" because I have something for sale at my store. :roll: It's a retail store. The goal is to offer items that people will want to buy. I don't understand how I'm trying to "cash in."
What is for sale?
This person was talking about My Little Pony items. In addition to the comic books we have the blind bagged figures. I guess if wanting to sell things means "cashing in" then I am TOTALLY cashing in. But people have the option to buy items, or not. So... *shake it off*
Edit: I was just reminded by Superfro that this might not be the most sympathetic crowd. Carry on.
Alrighty then.
Don't be offended. I think he meant that with more EB people being on the consumer end of things, I might not find many sympathizers.
ImageImage
fredo
Art God

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:03 pm

BavarianErin wrote:I think he meant that with more EB people being on the consumer end of things, I might not find many sympathizers.
I support actual businesses. Brick n' mortar joints especially.
just a foil for me today, thanks
BavarianErin
Art Expert

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:19 pm

fredo wrote:
BavarianErin wrote:I think he meant that with more EB people being on the consumer end of things, I might not find many sympathizers.
I support actual businesses. Brick n' mortar joints especially.
Well, as one of those, I thank you! :D I know my days as a retailer are numbered so I try hard to remember every day how lucky I am...but boy, some people make me feel so defeated.
ImageImage
fredo
Art God

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Beck still sucks, though.
just a foil for me today, thanks
MercuryD
Art Enthusiast

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:42 pm

OtomoChaser wrote:My drunken scumbag student neighbours in my old town put swastikas on my ex-wife's car once. :evil:

So once they were cleaned off, I made her drive me to Toys R Us and bought a metal baseball bat, then knocked on their door and had a little chat....

They never did it again. :pint:

:shock:

I simply cannot believe

that Toys R Us still exists and that's where you decided to go for a baseball bat and also that you did all this.
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:47 pm

Toys R Us is pretty much the only dedicated Toystore in the UK, so it was the natural choice really.

Normally I'm a lover not a fighter. I settle beefs people have with me in a diplomatic way.

But when people threaten my loved ones or anyone who it is incumbent on me to protect (such as employees I used to provide security services for) I have a tendency to snap. I hate bullies and thieves, so I combat them at every opportunity. :pint:

160 arrests under my belt so far, and every one ended up wishing they never met me. :twisted:
Just a shame they never come quietly because I'm so small.
But I rarely lose, I just ramp up my aggression - and under 'reasonable force' rules in the UK I get away with it, mostly because my size means the threat to my safety is more severe.

I have ended up diagnosed with PTSD though. I've been involved in some really bad situations, and spending 12hrs+ a day actively seeking out dangerous situations as part of my job , feeling scared n waiting for a brawl was very very had for my health.
Last edited by OtomoChaser on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
VROOOOM!!! TETSUOOOO!!! Image
アキラ
zefarrett
Art Freak

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:49 pm

I would have called the cops if I really disliked them and filed a hate crime. That would teach them.

99% of my pet peeves come while driving I realized. Some woman decided to speed up and switch lanes with maybe a few feet of clearance between me and the car in front of her. I had to slam on my breaks to avoid fishtailing her. She had a car full of kids. What a drymounting kitten. :evil:
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:54 pm

I SHOULD have called the cops, but I was furious and flipped out.
Plus I knew they couldn't call the cops either, since they were the primary offenders. I think they learned a more valuable lesson this way about the risks of messing with people whose response they can't be sure of.
The cops would have given them a slap on the wrist, a sterner response was required and far more productive. And also more personally satisfying.
アキラ
Mapman
Art Expert

Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:57 pm

Being told by one project manager that there is no rush, then after they leave because their wife is having a baby, having the fill in project manager tell me they need it all in a day! WTF?
zefarrett
Art Freak

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:02 pm

Hate crimes don't get slaps on the wrist. Especially if the local news pics it up which they love to do. At least this is all true over here in maryland. I'm sure it's not as big of a deal other places depending on the make up of the population.
me owwww
OtomoChaser
Art Expert

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:07 pm

We're getting better in the UK at tackling hatecrimes, but there's a long way to go.
There wasn't any lasting damage to the car either, as they'd used toothpaste and other stuff like that, so they couldn't be charged with Criminal Damage. :(

What I did was kinda wrong, but it was an emotional reaction. I'd do it again in a heartbeat, too, if the situation was the same and I thought they'd get away with it.
I didn't seriously injure anyone. But I did put the absolute fear of god into them. I terrorized those drymounters. :twisted:
They deserved it.

Generally, I'm a law-abiding citizen though. At least with the laws I see as valid and tenable - the drug laws in the uk need serious reform, imo.
アキラ
Cragars
Art Expert

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:14 pm

ottomo

Ackin all hardcore. Just wait till we meet up... :25 mark.

zefarrett
Art Freak

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:14 pm

Just made a dinner to go order at a restaurant and didn't tip which I don't do for most to go orders. I hear he guy say to someone else "no one is tipping today."

Wanted to say something along the lines of "because you didn't do fudge!"
me owwww
veltri
Art Expert

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:38 pm

OtomoChaser wrote:Toys R Us is pretty much the only dedicated Toystore in the UK, so it was the natural choice really.
I thought Hamley's was your toy shop :? Is that still around? But maybe they don't carry bats...
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:40 pm

zefarrett wrote:Just made a dinner to go order at a restaurant and didn't tip which I don't do for most to go orders. I hear he guy say to someone else "no one is tipping today."

Wanted to say something along the lines of "because you didn't do fudge!"
I still tip, the kitchen staff had to prep the food and with repeat business, you get looked after better.

They remember.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"