Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Codeblue wrote:
greenhorn1 wrote:taking 2 or 3 attempts (or more) to successfully pull into a parking space.
Guilty as charged.
Is this you from 0:47 to about 1:50?

greenhorn1
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:39 pm

jjbehren wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
greenhorn1 wrote:taking 2 or 3 attempts (or more) to successfully pull into a parking space.
Guilty as charged.
Is this you from 0:47 to about 1:50?

lmao. yes that's exactly the kind of thing i mean. some of those other clips were pretty funny too.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:40 pm

:oops:
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:57 pm

Cars that come with all the bells and whistles but apparently lack a turn signal. Seems to be especially true of trucks and luxury cars. :sarcasm:
People driving on their cell phones making right turns from the left lane.
People who drive 50 in a 65 zone on roads that have the facist photo radar cameras.
Using the word "is" twice in a row in a sentence, i.e. "Well what it is is that he's dumb as dirt."
jcporter
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:09 pm

I really don't understand the people who when attempting to merge onto the highway, go all the way down the ramp at about 35 mph, then slow to a crawl or stop. What's with that? Also, I have to admit to going almost insane on my neighbors who walk their dogs over to my side yard and then let them fudge there. Look people, my side yard is still my drymounting property and if I wanted your dog to fudge there, I'd send you a god damn invitation! Then when I inform them that I don't appreciate their dogs crapping on my property, I've actually had one guy say "geez...it's just your side yard". drymount YOU!
ISO: Uncle Charlie's 22" by 33" silkscreen version of Metallica / Alice in Chains 1994 Austin - signed & numbered run of 250
MJBuck
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:12 pm

Put up a sign that says "Poisoned Meat" in your yard. The dogs will start shitting on your neighbors property.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
sundaysup
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Mean people.
People who think "Intelligent Design" should be taught in Science class.
Snooty waiters in expensive restaurants. You're a waiter dammit!
People who want to be my friend on Facebook and I don't know them.
Rainy Saturdays... Sunday is ok, but not Saturday.
The neighbor's dog who loves to use my yard. If I wanted to clean up dog poop I'd have a dog of my own. Thank you very much.
When my husband asks me a question he already knows the answer to. :D
pearlybaker
Flipper

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:26 pm

People who treat dogs like they are part of the family - don't put them in the christmas photo, don't let em sleep in your bed. The guy next door use to let his dog out at midnight and watch him fudge in my yard and never clean up. I got him back by first throwing the fudge onto his yard, then onto his walkway when it didn't stop - I started putting the fudge in his boat that was in the side yard. He ended up moving before spring - what I would have gived to see his face after about 5 months of throwing huge lab turds into the well of the boat.

Others in no particular order:

Not passing when you are in the passing lane - drive fast or get the hell out of the way.

Waitstaff who leave the bill and then never come back to collect it.

People who order food with the words "I'll do" - "I'll do the lobster" - this makes me cringe as to what will be done to the lobster when it arrives.

People who organize and reshuffle their change int he drivethru line - get the change and food and pull through.

I'm such an inpatient east coaster!
All right Hamilton!
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Some of you folks have some painfully inconsiderate dog owners for neighbors. I'm more likely to have a neighbor fudge in my yard than one of my neighbor's dogs: Fact.

An don't worry Pearly, impatience isn't strictly an East Coast virtue.
dr_flie
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:40 pm

Canada Post Customs.. :evil:
I'm currently awaiting at least 5 tubes that were mailed over a month ago (some coming from as close as Detroit and New York, both under a day's drive.. 6-10 hours max). Don't know if any other Canadian's have noticed, but wait times for stuff coming in from the US have recently doubled or tripled. It's really annoying. Alternative is to go with UPS or FedEx, but then they tack on a crazy brokerage fee, sometimes more than the actual poster is worth.

My other pet peeve would be with my neighbors upstairs. A family of 5 people. They've got hard wood floors and insist on wearing their hard leather soled shoes 24/7, so all we hear day and night is stomp stomp stomp.. What's worse, they've got an exercise bicycle planted right over our heads where we sleep and insist on waking up at 6 am every morning for their workout. I've freaked out a few times and they seem to quiet down for a few days, but then start up again. They're a nice family, they're just clueless when it comes to respecting their neighbors. (I could go on about other things they piss me off with, but the shoes things really takes the cake).
IamFrank007
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:47 pm

But-we-unleashed-a-lion wrote:
ryefish75 wrote: Shirtless Drivers:
This is not allowed by law here in Portugal
I have a lot of friends from The Azores...We play hockey together, and in the dressing room when they take off their shirts.. It looks like they are still wearing black wool sweaters...A few of them have to shave around their shoulders so hair dosn't stick out the top of the shirt...I can't wait for hockey night, so I can ask about this Law.... :clap:
" I love Jack White, like a little brother"
willg
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:53 pm

The people that crowd your space when your waiting in a line. You know the people that think the closer I get to the dude in front of me the faster the line will go. Happened this weekend when I took my son to Playhouse Disney. We were waiting in line at the concession stand and I thought the guy behind me was gonna give me a lice inspection he was so close. I was waiting for him to pull out the number 2 pencil at any moment.

If my son isn't with me I usually do the fake step back and bump into them, say I'm sorry and create a little space.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:55 pm

But-we-unleashed-a-lion wrote:
ryefish75 wrote: Shirtless Drivers:
This is not allowed by law here in Portugal
I must get that pet peeve from my Portagee father.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:59 pm

willg wrote:The people that crowd your space when your waiting in a line. You know the people that think the closer I get to the dude in front of me the faster the line will go. Happened this weekend when I took my son to Playhouse Disney. We were waiting in line at the concession stand and I thought the guy behind me was gonna give me a lice inspection he was so close. I was waiting for him to pull out the number 2 pencil at any moment.

If my son isn't with me I usually do the fake step back and bump into them, say I'm sorry and create a little space.
YES! This is the type of validation I need. I HATE line-crowders, I do the same thing with the half-step back, but I don't apologize. I usually make some snide comment about how the person must like me, infer questions about their sexuality, or dramatically point out that the line will not move any faster by standing closer to me. I once humiliated a guy so bad, he abandoned his basket of provisions in line at the supermarket.
MJBuck
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:10 pm

dr_flie wrote: My other pet peeve would be with my neighbors upstairs. A family of 5 people. They've got hard wood floors and insist on wearing their hard leather soled shoes 24/7, so all we hear day and night is stomp stomp stomp.. What's worse, they've got an exercise bicycle planted right over our heads where we sleep and insist on waking up at 6 am every morning for their workout. I've freaked out a few times and they seem to quiet down for a few days, but then start up again. They're a nice family, they're just clueless when it comes to respecting their neighbors. (I could go on about other things they piss me off with, but the shoes things really takes the cake).
I had a downstairs neighbor like you once. :evil:
My suggestion is to move. The family upstairs is merely walking around. You should direct your bitching to the landlord about their cheap apartments.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.