Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:55 pm

Yep. My other personal vehicle is a honda. They can not be killed. It is actually a replacement for the last honda which we put down at roughly 200k
shoeless
Art Expert

Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:00 pm

Always heard how great Subarus were, I’ve had 3 friends all have similar terrible experiences with theirs.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:09 pm

Buy a Hyudai. It has a 10 year, 100k powertrain warranty. Our Santa Fe's transmission fudge the bed at 85k miles and it was replaced at no cost. Its now running fine with 120k miles.

A buddy of mine was thinking of buying a Subaru Outback until his wife asked him if that would make him a lesbian.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/ar ... ns/488042/

Edit: Good for Subaru for having the guts to have the ad campaign
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Philpenn
Art Expert

Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:04 pm

More Scoobs for me.
fredo
Art God

Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:03 pm

Honda cars and Toyota trucks make a nerd healthy, wealthy and wise.

Ps I’ve never had serious issues with Subarus. This ‘09 Forester is still right as rain.
just a foil for me today, thanks
maroozer
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:20 pm

I had a 08' honda pilot - no serious issues. Got it up to 310k believe it or not...running smooth but the bottom basically rusted off.

Wanted another pilot but settled for a Lexus Rx350. Smooth sailin'.
fredo
Art God

Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:50 pm

Passive-aggressive antivaxx snowflake parents crying persecution for having to vax before being allowed into my kid’s snowflake school. We are “vigilantes” for calling them dipshits and so they require a safe space. I’ll give you a safe space, holistic nutritionist. Outer space.
just a foil for me today, thanks
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:41 pm

maroozer wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:20 pm
I had a 08' honda pilot - no serious issues. Got it up to 310k believe it or not...running smooth but the bottom basically rusted off.

Wanted another pilot but settled for a Lexus Rx350. Smooth sailin'.
Not an SUV, but Top Gear (the original, not whatever they have on now) could not kill a red Toyota Hilux no matter what they did. They even left it on top of a tall building that was imploded and the thing still started.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:43 pm

fredo wrote:
Passive-aggressive antivaxx snowflake parents crying persecution for having to vax before being allowed into my kid’s snowflake school. We are “vigilantes” for calling them dipshits and so they require a safe space. I’ll give you a safe space, holistic nutritionist. Outer space.
lol. I wonder what the overlap is for people who are both anti-abortion and anti covid vaccine. I cringe when I here then say "my body, my choice"
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:37 pm

jjttdw wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:43 pm
fredo wrote:
lol. I wonder what the overlap is for people who are both anti-abortion and anti covid vaccine. I cringe when I here then say "my body, my choice"
There's 3 that completely overlap, just add evangelicals to the 2 you already mentioned and it's a solid circle.
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:23 am

Heritage Auction prices history should be restricted from EB. If you watch the video "WATA video game scam" on Youtube, they are involved with inflating the retro "graded" game market. They had a group of investors go around and buy as many sealed retro games as possible at any price. Then created WATA Games grading services and rated all the sealed games they acquired. A reputable video game grading service already existed 10 years prior to their startup back in '09. Their services were never needed except to be the exclusive partner for Heritage and the planned scam. They also have a 3rd party group shill buying games from Heritage and relisting the same game inflating the price. The most drymounted up part one of the founders of Heritage was fined $1.2M in the 80's for doing the same fudge to the coin market.

I just looked at the Laurent Durieux Vertigo to see their tainted prices from Aug. These jackoffs are even grading prints. One of them was giving an interview with an EMEK eyeball in a giant sealed and graded sleeve behind him.

Im all for prints going up in value but not by these fudge heads. If you havent seen the video Karl Jobst does impressively heavy sleuthing to connect and expose the main assholes involved in this scam. Please consider restricting their sale history.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:49 pm

The scam video is amusing. I think the bigger scam isn't the inflated price paid for the game(s) by insiders, it is the fact that they are using that to drive business to WATA.
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:54 pm

All about games or w/e convention they were trying to sell a sealed copy of halo for $75k. The sad part every vendor there thinks they have to compete and sell graded games. All perpetuating WATA bs company.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:12 pm

Like the video dude said, people are sending in their stuff to be graded even not knowing it is just a pile of dog poop. I am kinda of impressed that they created their own demand. I hope it never happens to prints
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:38 am

With those prices on Laurent Vertigo its already happening. They should be added as "not counted". fudge least we get to see their name for now until they create a team of minions.