Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
805Slug
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:31 pm

Yay we're having fun
edderlyj
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:55 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:15 pm
Kramerica wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:11 pm
You haven't answered anything. You just bring up Joe Biden. Anytime someone pushes back against your claims you just deflect and say something negative about democrats. That isn't having a conversation. It's deflecting criticism by trying to start another. You have eaten up the partisan rhetoric and bought so far into that false dichotomy that you actually think bringing up negative things about one side refutes any points about the other.

You know vaccines have been mandated for decades, right? Even while your savior Trump was president. Nobody thought it was fascist to make kids get polio/MMR/Dtap during his administration. Same goes for the other jobs that required certain vaccines. Your thinking that a fetus should have more rights than a mother it couldn't live without is very telling about how you truly feel about personal freedom. That freedom is only granted if someone agrees with your narrow worldview and you should get to dictate how it applied to others.
Hello pot, meet kettle :deadhorse:
No. You don't really get to pot/kettle this. I don't want to be right about something this obvious, as I know you're only seeking to poke the bear for bear-poking's sake. The b-i-b-l-e, yes that's the book for me--but it's not the only book. And, yes, conspiracies are entertaining. Why does the astronaut's helmet turn in the first skywalk video when it's supposedly fixed in place and that turn should have dislodged it?? This can't be supported by fudge like that, though. Because this is life and death. Ignorance is bliss until Aunt Bee's on the respirator, or worse: you. We're all lemmings, we're all carrot-chasin', we're all social media's weakness singularity fodder...but we don't have to be. I just sent you an email that I hope will help. None of what's happening here is helping. This is farting, all of it. I should know, I invented farting. Especially in tubes*.

*500-print mystery-tubes sell spanning three decades upcoming, and I've only got 22 tubes left (to put 'em all in): so stay tuned!
meskell
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:03 pm

Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:05 pm

Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
edderlyj
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:10 pm

“It’s time to be blunt. The right-wing political alliance anchored by the Republican party and Trumpism coheres around a single concrete objective—taking absolute power in the U.S. as soon and as definitively as possible. And they’re more than ready, even seemingly want, to destroy the social fabric of the country to do so.”

Luls is so totes right. I also perform standup comedy Mondays at the Sparrow. Never the same set twice, but always twice the nice.
edderlyj
Art Expert

Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:17 pm

Misgiving, mister priss, melodic momentum

discordant priority over meaning, the grassed

meadowlarks wave, flaunt, galavant louder all

the time. Belittle my sublingual pretzel by pressing

delete and moving forward one space

for all of us. The less we know, the better.

Too much information isn’t wisdom when you’re in

an urn—so sow yourself at the music festival,

taint the sweat of the next thousand to be

cremated and sown the same. I am lameness.

Show me your clever palate and I’ll reveal

my troubled cleft beyond these thrummed, atonal

McRibs.

(there's no reason not to just keep doing what we've been doing as I'm sure everything will be alright; it's not your fault)
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:06 am

Edderlyj bringing the heat, a true wordsmith. They are all appreciated.

For the Irish man it must be a real thrill to be the center of attention. Maybe try bukkake?
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:35 am

Irishman12 wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:07 pm
turnJBup wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:13 pm
I’m over the entitled cult of racist morons who could care less if their children and grandchildren have an inhabitable place to live. Never even crosses their little minds.
WTF.
I'm over the entitled left who feels the need to "save us" because they're "so far advanced" and "ahead of the curve" in their beliefs. I want my children and grandchildren to be proud of their country. Not have to apologize for the color of their skin to make others feel better.
You are talking like a lemming, mate. No one is entitled or advanced. No one wants your children to apologize for their skin colour. Wtf are you talking about.

The reason I know you are a lemming while actually living thousands of kilometres away in another country is because I happened to live in a province that is full of lemmings, just like you. I mean they are everywhere, “the silent majority”, but more here than anywhere else in the country. These local lemmings talk about the exact same fudge, using the exact same words, expressing the exact same concerns (weird, right? Them living in a different, though neighbouring country and all). There is nothing wrong with expressing concerns and being concerned, but have some thought put into it, don’t just go with the “above the curve” and whatever your oann or whatever the drymount told you. You guys read the same bullshit and get all riled up without thinking about any of it. Some are obviously unable to do so, the world isn’t perfect; I don’t know what is wrong with the rest.

Here is a brief for you, things you can easily control for your own peace of mind:
- Don’t want abortions? Don’t have one. While at it, adopt a kid or two, as long as you can support them financially, emotionally, or otherwise in any way they need;
- Don’t want to choose to be gay? Don’t be one. If it happened to be that you can’t help it and want to go through the exorcism, go right ahead;
- Don’t want medical assistance in dying? Opt out and go naturally, regardless of the circumstances and suffering;
- Don’t want certain things to be taught in school? Take your kids to another school where they aren’t, there are options because you live in a place where people can choose;
- Don’t like people getting offended? Stop repeating fudge that offends people, even if you personally “don’t get it”;
- Don’t want left wing at the helm? Vote accordingly and keep on keeping on in the meantime because you live in a democracy (even if far from perfect) and once there are enough likeminded (for the time being) people, the right wing will take over, etc.

And stop talking about the Biden and free speech, sexual assault and whatever else bullshit. Your Trump was “banning” people who didn’t agree with him from his drymounting twitter account until he lost the ability to do so, mate! How is that for free speech? A drymounting twitter! Or “banning” certain media from white house briefings because they are the “evil msm”? Until, guess what? Until even the drymounting fox refused to show him live on air! Remember that? The dude had to broadcast himself on the internet because no (even somewhat) respectable media agency wanted anything to do with that clown. Remember that? Probably not, I suppose. Remember his attempts to make a joke of your democracy and pronounce his own party members as traitors and what not? Probably not, I suppose. The guy is an embarrassment to peoplekind, not just the land of the free. You would probably be amazed, but msm didn’t tell me any of this, all of it actually happened and we, including you, were at the front seats.

And Biden kept up with lots of Trump’s policies too, so don’t get ahead of your feet there. That is if you follow the real world, not the crazy web, of course.

Anyway, not sure If any of your questions have been answered or not. Not even sure what the questions were (I only saw faces of white supremacy and Shapiro white supremacist). You don’t need to reply either. And if you feel offended or “horrified” by anything people here or elsewhere told you, find a safe space where you feel comfortable and calm your self down. I would recommend joining the reality and opting out of the crazy web. That would be a start. You may find the reality to be just as ugly or worse though, but at the very least it is real and you can start making that place better for yourself and your kids so that they can be proud of themselves and the world they live in, regardless of their skin colour. Wouldn’t that be swell?

P. S. Your posts here read like you overtasted some of that whiskey, frankly, and by quite a bit.
edderlyj
Art Expert

Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:11 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:06 am
Edderlyj bringing the heat, a true wordsmith. They are all appreciated.

For the Irish man it must be a real thrill to be the center of attention. Maybe try bukkake?
Thankeesai. Funny enough, I just tested the foe function for the first time in 15 years and now see that it blocks posts. Lol, I think you're the only one awake who read me. I'm largely ignored on here after losing everything to keep me a collector (except for these hundreds of gig/movie posters most will never want besides me, natch). :notworthy:
Last edited by edderlyj on Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Героям слава
jjttdw
Art Expert

Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:57 pm

Wrapping yourself in a flag doesn’t make someone patriotic any more than a person identifying as a Christian makes the words or deeds of said person Christian.

I call the latter False Flag Christians
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:38 pm

Bubbie I'm not going to quote anything specific but thank you for taking the time to nicely package all the things I would love to say. I don't have the same enthusiasm to actually get all the words together, and I probably come off as a dick because of that being that it's much easier to settle for a quick jab. I just can't be bothered to spend the time reasoning with someone that's only looking for a fight.

The sea lion comic, spot on.

It's also pretty funny just how clearly defined our "vocal minority" is. Why do they all say the same exact things with the same exact words? A rhetorical question for sure, being as elite as I am I unfortunately already know the answer.
edderlyj
Art Expert

Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:02 pm

unless sea lion is a euphemism for all the epithets some would rather blather. subterfuge can be reflective as much as it's projected. should we Gestalt more when weaving the wisdom no one wants? here we are amid a carbon footprint so pointless, the M.A.S.H. theme echoes... forgiveness begins at home.

:pint: to the shamrock'd awakening.

My pet peeve: too few practicing CE-5 protocols j'taime.
Героям слава
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:15 pm

Yeah, this is much better than the having a trump thread.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
fredo
Art God

Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:19 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:15 pm
Yeah, this is much better than the having a trump thread.
TriggeredFredo wrote: Yet another progressive victory!
just a foil for me today, thanks
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:59 pm

edderlyj wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:17 pm
Misgiving, mister priss, melodic momentum

discordant priority over meaning, the grassed

meadowlarks wave, flaunt, galavant louder all

the time. Belittle my sublingual pretzel by pressing

delete and moving forward one space

for all of us. The less we know, the better.

Too much information isn’t wisdom when you’re in

an urn—so sow yourself at the music festival,

taint the sweat of the next thousand to be

cremated and sown the same. I am lameness.

Show me your clever palate and I’ll reveal

my troubled cleft beyond these thrummed, atonal

McRibs.

(there's no reason not to just keep doing what we've been doing as I'm sure everything will be alright; it's not your fault)
-Pops "Regular Show"