Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed May 25, 2022 11:54 am

Codeblue wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 11:48 am
Would take the little kids of over half of Congress dying in school shootings before something changed, and then even, nah.
I was kinda thinking the same thing. would take more than half of congress though
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
haven
Art Expert

Wed May 25, 2022 1:01 pm

It's just drymounting insane that regular citizens can walk in and buy military grade assault weapons. And a large portion of the country supports having that as a fundamental right.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed May 25, 2022 1:17 pm

Not old enough to buy alcohol but barely over 18 with a history of mental illness? Lock and load!
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
trarex
Art Expert

Wed May 25, 2022 7:48 pm

Dont need a gun to be crazy .... Bath school disaster, pair of bombings on May 18, 1927, of Bath Consolidated School in Bath Township, Michigan, U.S., that killed 38 schoolchildren. The perpetrator, Andrew Kehoe, also killed five adults in addition to himself in the worst school massacre in American history.
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed May 25, 2022 8:14 pm

trarex wrote:
Dont need a gun to be crazy .... Bath school disaster, pair of bombings on May 18, 1927, of Bath Consolidated School in Bath Township, Michigan, U.S., that killed 38 schoolchildren. The perpetrator, Andrew Kehoe, also killed five adults in addition to himself in the worst school massacre in American history.
Wait, I think I have a painting by his brother Ben Kehoe. I like Andy's art though
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed May 25, 2022 9:50 pm

Some drymounting govt employee imbecile on Fox News said we can’t fix this with any government Legislation. We have to pray and ask to be fixed through Jesus Christ.

Moments later that piece of fudge lady. I think her name is Laura Ingraham? But I’m not sure. She ragged Biden so hard. I wanted to jump up and scratch her mother drymounting eyeballs out.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed May 25, 2022 10:38 pm

trarex wrote:
Luls. Which was prolly the last time a bomb was used in a massacre at a school amirite. Guns are infinitely more convenient.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu May 26, 2022 2:12 am

Good thing that wasn’t written somewhere in some legislation when we had redcoats hiding and sleeping in our barns.
We would all have the right to bear little nukes.

Naturally.
fredo
Art God

Thu May 26, 2022 2:43 am

Codeblue wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 10:38 pm
trarex wrote:
Luls. Which was prolly the last time a bomb was used in a massacre at a school amirite. Guns are infinitely more convenient.
Don’t forget Lizzie Borden. That happened only 35 years before Kehoe! #goodwomanwithanaxe
just a foil for me today, thanks
trarex
Art Expert

Thu May 26, 2022 5:55 am

I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit in the 80s . We had a class called outdoor education . Where you learned gun safety, how to reload shells , clean firearms and gut and clean small game . You had to own a gun and bring it to school. Any day you could walk into the classroom and see 20 16year old kids with rifles and shotguns in their hands . 😮
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Thu May 26, 2022 6:39 am

There is no logical reason that people are able to own military grade weapons, body armor. Likewise there is no logic behind allowing minors to own a gun when they aren't deemed responsible enough to own a beer. Background checks need to be more than a cursory exercise and take months not minutes. Licensure/registration required and renewed every couple years with safety class requirements that include graphic footage of mass shootings that have occurred since last renewal. Gun owners want to use the 2nd ammendment to justify gun rights. Fine the 2nd ammendment guarantees the right to posses guns that were available when it was passed. NRA needs to lose its tax exempt status and establish a victims defense fund at a rate 10% over what their annual lobbying efforts amount to. fudge needs to change but never will.
trarex
Art Expert

Thu May 26, 2022 7:20 am

Mental health is the real issue. Most of these perpetrators were known to authorities and nothing was done . There are no longer the facilities to hold and treat mental patients since the mass closings in the 80s. They mostly end up in jail . 21% of inmates now have mental disorders. Up from 7% in the 70s . Blaming guns is more convenient and cheaper then dealing with the real problem of mental health in the US.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu May 26, 2022 8:03 am

It’s not an either or proposition. Gun laws need to change and mental health needs to be addressed. But there is no money to be made in either solution. In fact just the opposite, so in our capitalism is king society nothing substantial will ever be done. If you want to continue to live in America you will simply have to accept gun violence as a part of your daily existence and just hope it doesn’t hit too close to home. Just like we now have to accept COVID as part of the risk we take every time we walk out the door.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu May 26, 2022 8:28 am

trarex wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 7:20 am
Mental health is the real issue. Most of these perpetrators were known to authorities and nothing was done . There are no longer the facilities to hold and treat mental patients since the mass closings in the 80s. They mostly end up in jail . 21% of inmates now have mental disorders. Up from 7% in the 70s . Blaming guns is more convenient and cheaper then dealing with the real problem of mental health in the US.
miss me with that 'mental health' bull fudge.

its about guns and their easy access.

you are part of the problem and you should feel ashamed that you think if its guns are the 'convenient' excuse.

gun owners have perverted the 2nd Amendment to the point that they refuse to accept any sort of logic or reason to evolve gun laws and restrictions.

children will continue to die until that happens. and that should eat away at your soul.

not 'mental health'. that is a lie you are telling yourself.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu May 26, 2022 8:47 am

turnJBup wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:12 am
Good thing that wasn’t written somewhere in some legislation when we had redcoats hiding and sleeping in our barns.
We would all have the right to bear little nukes.

Naturally.
For those on SCOTUS who are originalists and believe that the interpretation of the Constitution is that all statements in the Constitution must be interpreted "based on the original understanding ", we should be allowed to have nukes. There was no limitation on the types of arms citizens could bear in 1789 and they clearly did not foresee nukes. But since that is such a dumb idea, those originalists took the hypocritical step of saying limits could be placed. In reality, these originalists only use that theory when it suits them. In my book it is the dumbest way to view interpretation of the Consitution.