Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:19 am

Ill take Omni-man
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:54 pm

Google reviews have turned into ebay 5 stars. If your review gets flagged for any reason you are not notified. It leaves you in your own bubble thinking it is live. An easy way to check is open your review profile link in an incognito window or under a different google account. Out of my 12 reviews over the last decade, only 7 were showing. 5 had been flagged for whatever reason. I edited those 5 reviews to 'clean them up'. It changed the original post time to the current minute they were reposted. Most of these are Dr's or pain clinics. The Dr's or whatever company manages their online presence mass reported me. I made these reviews rated G as possible. Now I'm fully shadow banned haha. 0 of my 12 reviews show to the outside world, only me. Strangely it does keep the rating - but removes my name and text. Thats why you'll see a page with only 5 reviews but the counter says 6. Makes no sense

I started checking a bunch of random places reviews. You dont see many 1 stars anywhere. The 1 star you do see usually sound like they are relaying a message to the pope. Not everyone pays for clean up crews or bothers to guard their comments so you will see some dirty ones out there still. But for the most part they hold nil value.

Google doesnt even manage these reviews. The created a subsystem 'Local Maps Guide'. They say if you dont see your review appear after 10 days you can appeal. It's a little scary environment when you are blocked from leaving any legitimate comment for life? haha. Any negative comment you feel like you are writing at gun point incase you violate googles vaguely outlined policy. One says no JibberJabber. Damn freedom of speech is hurting our businesses.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:18 pm

stuckeyc wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:07 pm
Ticketmaster
WhereTF do I start with these clowns ? The hate for them is strong!
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
Kramerica
Art Freak

Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:22 am

Small ebay related gripe but what's with people purchasing something and leaving notes about shipping it a different method/carrier than was specified in the listing? Why not contact me ahead of time to see if this is an option rather than paying for one service and asking that I ship using something completely different?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
howdyall
Art Expert

Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:16 pm

lebantz wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:54 pm
Google reviews have turned into ebay 5 stars. If your review gets flagged for any reason you are not notified. It leaves you in your own bubble thinking it is live. An easy way to check is open your review profile link in an incognito window or under a different google account. Out of my 12 reviews over the last decade, only 7 were showing. 5 had been flagged for whatever reason. I edited those 5 reviews to 'clean them up'. It changed the original post time to the current minute they were reposted. Most of these are Dr's or pain clinics. The Dr's or whatever company manages their online presence mass reported me. I made these reviews rated G as possible. Now I'm fully shadow banned haha. 0 of my 12 reviews show to the outside world, only me. Strangely it does keep the rating - but removes my name and text. Thats why you'll see a page with only 5 reviews but the counter says 6. Makes no sense

I started checking a bunch of random places reviews. You dont see many 1 stars anywhere. The 1 star you do see usually sound like they are relaying a message to the pope. Not everyone pays for clean up crews or bothers to guard their comments so you will see some dirty ones out there still. But for the most part they hold nil value.

Google doesnt even manage these reviews. The created a subsystem 'Local Maps Guide'. They say if you dont see your review appear after 10 days you can appeal. It's a little scary environment when you are blocked from leaving any legitimate comment for life? haha. Any negative comment you feel like you are writing at gun point incase you violate googles vaguely outlined policy. One says no JibberJabber. Damn freedom of speech is hurting our businesses.
I'm in that local guide program, dozens of reviews, almost a thousand pictures (if you're reading this and you run a restaurant, post photos of the goddamn front of your restaurants for once, nobody wants to see another shallow-depth photo of your chimichangas), somewhere in the area of ~75 million views on my photos, and only recently got a couple of reviews blocked. I'd posted plenty of one-stars up until then that are still live, and the two that just got blocked were well-earned. You're better off accompanying 1-star reviews with pictures - the comments are harder to report, and pictures are almost never taken down unless they break some obscenity rule. And when you do give 1-star reviews (sometimes places really, really deserve them), give it like you're the one who's taking the report instead, and you'll find it easier to keep commentary down (I say give the report like you're the one taking it because nobody likes taking complaints and everyone wants it to be as quick and to the point as possible)
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:53 am

Went to drop my girls off for a sister date at the movies last night. Theater is in well to do town and shares a parking lot with town offices/cop shop. Get a call 5 min after dropping that we had to comeback because there is a new policy that nobody under 17 is admitted without an adult....to see a Disney movie. WTF. NO problem charging adult ticket price for a 14 year old but she can't take her sister to a movie? Unbelievable
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:30 pm

Ehhh, gotta side with the theater on this one bud. In this day and age? No effing way I leave my U14 girls alone in a movie theater. Not judging you btw, but yeah, no effing way.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
fredo
Art God

Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:43 pm

Parents have been saying “not in this day and age” since the Stone Age.
just a foil for me today, thanks
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:04 pm

Most malls are dead but the few open in my area about a decade ago started to not allow anyone under the age of 17 or 18 unattended. That rule would have rewritten my teenage life.
KipPotapych
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:28 pm

fredo wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:43 pm
Parents have been saying “not in this day and age” since the Stone Age.
I can imagine them worrying in the Stone Age.

I can see the “outrage” about being charged as an adult while not being considered one though.
fredo
Art God

Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:52 pm

Adult is just a word in this context. Kinda like “large”.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:06 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Ehhh, gotta side with the theater on this one bud. In this day and age? No effing way I leave my U14 girls alone in a movie theater. Not judging you btw, but yeah, no effing way.
Very safe area so nothing to fear safety wise. LLike I said the police are literally right next door. I am not going to live in fear or instill a fear of going out in public in my kids.
fredo
Art God

Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:28 pm

stuckeyc wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:06 pm
earlgreytoast wrote:
Very safe area so nothing to fear safety wise. LLike I said the police are literally right next door. I am not going to live in fear or instill a fear of going out in public in my kids.
Totally agree. Still, the movie theatre isn’t gonna take on the risk of having a minor watching an even more minor in their place. NOT IN THIS DAY AND AGE (read: because insurance)
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:33 pm

Thing is it's a new policy like within last few weeks. Regardless it's a peeve
fredo
Art God

Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:09 am

Fair