Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:16 pm

freaksmeout wrote:I had a job interview today where the topic of MLK Day Holiday came up.

The company's VP/ Market Manager actually said that he "could care less about MLK Day" and added that "there should be an Abe Lincoln Day instead because Lincoln did way more for African American's than did MLK." I just looked at him and said, "We do have a day for Lincoln, it's called Presidents' Day."

Then, he topped it off by adding, "Why do we honor MLK? MLK didn't do fudge." :hanging:

I'm tempted to call the company's HR department about it as it seems incredibly inappropriate and ignorant to say fudge like that in an interview. But I'll have to call on Tuesday, because Monday is MLK Day and they are closed!
Irony. Bet the guy didn't complain about getting a day off.
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:58 am

Maybe this has been covered here before, but MSN's BING search just sucks ass.

Don't drymounting taunt me with a link on the home page that takes me to a page with 18 other damn links I have to click in order to piece the story together myself.

If Flavor Flav is opening a fried chicken joint then just send me to the story that gives me the simple WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, HOW and WHY. Don't make me click a link that will send me to another site for each of those key bits of information.

drymount BING!! "And I'll stomp a mud hole in yo ass....bitch!"
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
johnr1311
Art Expert

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:19 pm

People who shake hands and sign on the dotted line only to change their mind and try to renegotiate later. :evil:
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
drummer7795
Art Expert

Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:44 am

Drivers on the Mass Pike who just wanna hang out in the left lane. Move the drymount OVER!
FKozik wrote:see you in hell.
mistersmith wrote:If you didn't want Horkey to tear you up you shouldn't have worn that short skirt.
usamamasan1
Art Expert

Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:51 am

grocery store clerk who says 'You swiped your card too fast, do it again slower"

Get a proper machine. Is this a posterchildprint release?
let's all smile together.
bysleightofhand
Art Expert

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:57 am

having USPS not deliver something overnight when it was shipped express and mailed off before the proper time allotment.
Routing errors :x
ISO mccarthy ''the white tree' #6 and #10 canvases, or Clonal Colony aurora variant
trarex
Art Expert

Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:30 pm

People who dont look to the right to see if anyone is in the crosswalk when turning right.
Almost getting run down on a daily basis is getting old.
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
mistersmith
Art Freak

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:25 pm

trarex wrote:People who dont look to the right to see if anyone is in the crosswalk when turning right.
Start kicking quarterpanels. When I'm legally in the crosswalk and someone almost hits me, or busts the red light and rips through the intersection, I kick the car.

One time in college I was walking to campus, against the direction of traffic but on the sidewalk. Guy turning right out of a hotel didn't even notice I was directly in front of his car when he pulled out...he was just staring left, at oncoming traffic. I had nowhere to go but under or on top of his car, so I rode on his grille for twenty feet until he straightened his head and looked in front of him to realize, whoops I just hit a pedestrian. He stops in the street and I brought both fists straight down in the center of his hood, Donkey Kong style, completely caved it in. Not my most dignified moment but it felt great. Walked over to the driver's window and let dude know that people walk on sidewalks, posterkiller. I was fine, but I had I been a little old lady or a kid or pretty much anything but a strapping young lad with balls and quick thinking I would have been dead.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:42 pm

mistersmith wrote:
trarex wrote:People who dont look to the right to see if anyone is in the crosswalk when turning right.
Start kicking quarterpanels. When I'm legally in the crosswalk and someone almost hits me, or busts the red light and rips through the intersection, I kick the car.

One time in college I was walking to campus, against the direction of traffic but on the sidewalk. Guy turning right out of a hotel didn't even notice I was directly in front of his car when he pulled out...he was just staring left, at oncoming traffic. I had nowhere to go but under or on top of his car, so I rode on his grille for twenty feet until he straightened his head and looked in front of him to realize, whoops I just hit a pedestrian. He stops in the street and I brought both fists straight down in the center of his hood, Donkey Kong style, completely caved it in. Not my most dignified moment but it felt great. Walked over to the driver's window and let dude know that people walk on sidewalks, posterkiller. I was fine, but I had I been a little old lady or a kid or pretty much anything but a strapping young lad with balls and quick thinking I would have been dead.
I ran cross-county in high school, so our usual practice was running through our small city 5-10 miles a day depending on the workout. Of course, sometimes we took detours and stopped at 7-11 or grabbed some fast food. So one day we are running on a busy street and I'm waiting at the crosswalk for the go ahead, little walking guy pops up so I start jogging then this lady, staring to the left goes for it and hits me I kinda bounce off the car because I was able to push off. Then the idiot realizes she just hit me and puts her hands over her face and procedes to hit me again but since I was busy looking at my leg I didn't see the car rolling again and my leg went under the fender. The friends I was running with are rolling on the ground laughing and the cute girl is making sure I'm alright so being an idiot kid, I just jog back to the school without getting her insurance information. My knee has never been the same.

Then while in college at UNLV (Las Vegas), I must have seen about 5 or 6 people get hit by cars. Everyone runs red lights there and no one pays attention to walkers or bikers. Once saw a guy get hit while riding his bike by a car going at least 40 mph, the first car didn't stop, then a second car not seeing what happened ran the guy over while he was on the ground, that car stopped. Finally, a guy ran out into the street to drag the guy onto the sidewalk.

Long story, short a lot of people should not be allowed to drive.
Goonies never say die!
trarex
Art Expert

Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:13 pm

I got the best of the a hole today.
She hit the brakes and just hit my knee hard enough so I fell on the hood.
Which crushed like a foil print. :lol:
"Lay off Detroit, Them peoples is living in Mad Max times." Moe Szyslak
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Yesterday was one of those days where I lost faith in the human race. Mexicano screwed up some drywall and I had to run him off, noticed one of my prints was coming lose from the mat in the middle, spent 25 minutes trying to order a Whopper at Burger King (punishment for going to BK perhaps?), girlfriend went to get a salad for lunch and they tried to charge her $30 for a SALAD (keyed in 3, not 1). Ugh.

Compared to other stuff going on, it's all minor, but my hope for the future is diminshed.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:50 pm

People that cut their nails at McDonald's. :vomit:

Last week at lunch there was an old man at the next table cutting his nails at the table. It totally grossed me out and I moved to the other end of the restaurant. I could still hear it so I went up and yelled at him. Him and the group of old men that were with him just looked at me like I was crazy. After I walked away he finished cutting them. Nasty. Serves me right for going to McDonald's. :evil:
dancingbear
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:07 am

getting called into work at last minute...especially by someone who did not 'want' a back up schedule in case of illness etc. out of twelve of us, it is the same three who are constantly covering for the others....welcome to four weekends working in a row.....
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:23 am

dancingbear wrote:getting called into work at last minute...especially by someone who did not 'want' a back up schedule in case of illness etc. out of twelve of us, it is the same three who are constantly covering for the others....welcome to four weekends working in a row.....
20% of the workers do 80% of the total work. One of the few non-physics related laws that always ring true.
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:42 am

KNEEL13 wrote:People that cut their nails at McDonald's. :vomit:

Last week at lunch there was an old man at the next table cutting his nails at the table. It totally grossed me out and I moved to the other end of the restaurant. I could still hear it so I went up and yelled at him. Him and the group of old men that were with him just looked at me like I was crazy. After I walked away he finished cutting them. Nasty. Serves me right for going to McDonald's. :evil:
I don't know why old people seem to gravitate toward McD's in the mornings. It's like it's their damn social club and a morning ritual. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the golden arches' food and certainly hope when I'm old and retired, I'll find someplace better to hang out with friends than a shitty fast food restaurant that serves really bad coffee.
And, I don't blame you for ripping him for conducting his personal grooming at a restaurant. I bet that old fart carries those damn nail clippers in his pocket with him every day. Click, click, click!! And, just as bad as that is the completely nasty habit of old people who think nothing of blowing their nose in a crowded, public place. Primarily, it's old men. And I'm not talking a little wiping of the nose with a handkerchief or a quiet puff. Oh No!!! These guys are calling in a damn herd of elephants with this high decibel, full-force, aneurysm-taunting, schnozz blast.
I've become non-tolerant of it after many years of observation and I'll now look at them and say "My God! Are you kidding me? There are restrooms for things like that, you know?" Last time it happened I was in line for popcorn at the movie theater and some soccer mom with kids applauded me for chastising the guy!

And, on a completely unrelated topic.....Why does a 120 gig iPod only have a working capacity of 111.55 gigs? Those extra 8.45 gigs would surely come in handy seeing as I have just filled the thing up with music. Does the operating software take up 8.45 gigs on its own?
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."