Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:39 pm

birdwell wrote:Bad radio voices. Usually on NPR. Thin, scratchy, lip smacking spit gag ... yuck ! Who gave you a job on radio ?
I'm glad I'm not alone on this one, it seems to be a growing problem too. What happened to clarity and diction in professional broadcasting?
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:55 pm

1) At 6:20am, while brushing my teeth, I remembered that my boss had asked me to go in at 7am this morning cause TPTB were taking the servers down at 3pm.
2) Get to work at 7:06am to find I have (and this is NOT an exaggeration) ten thousand, five hundred and ninety six emails in my inbox. 10,596!!! Turns out our development and QA testing contractors in Montreal decided to take advantage of me being off for the holiday to stress test some software on MY QA ENVIRONMENT, which they're not supposed to touch.
3) MS Outlook would only let me delete the 10596 emails 700 at a time.
4) Though I usually bring my own breakfast I didn't have time (see item 1 above) and the office cafeteria's order was delayed due to the long weekend, so they were out of just about everything except some sorry excuses for bagels. I had to make due with toast.
5) I find during my testing today that so far every new web service developed and tested by said Montreal contractors has at least one obvious bug in it. And I'm only 10% through my testing.
6 ) The lunch special of the day in the cafeteria is turkey salad. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I microwave a can of soup from my desk drawer.
7) 11:50am, VA Hospital calls. My husband's doctor's note is ready to be picked up to excuse him from Jury Duty on Wednesday, as in the day after tomorrow! Damn babe, you said you took care of this weeks ago!
8. Hubby's not answering his damn phone!
9) Overly perky contractor Project Manager greets the team in the daily 1:30PM meeting with a cheery "GOOD MORNING!!!!" I want to rip her throat out.
10) At 3pm, when I should be leaving, a tech comes into the QA lab looking for help accessing the QA db. All my colleagues are either still on vacation or have already split for the day so I'm stuck helping the guy until 3:49pm.
11) Pick up hubby at 4:10pm, haul ass down to the VA in rush hour traffic. Dodging grannys and immortal teenagers who cross in the middle of 6 lanes of traffic.
12) Homey from the hood steps out into the busy street in front of my car to see if the bus is coming. Taking his time walking back to the curb he gives me the evil eye. I start screaming at him (as New Yorkers do) that he won't be so badass when he's dragging under my fockin' car, hubby joins in. (what can I say, I'm Irish from Queens, hubby is Puerto Rican from Brooklyn - we ain't exactly demure)
13) Get to VA hospital at 4:27pm, I pull up 6 feet from the door so as not to block the crosswalk and hubby complains that he has to walk. I yell "get the fock out of the fockin' car!" to the amusement of all the smokers.
14) He comes out 10 minutes later, the receptionist left early, there's no one at the front desk or in the doc's offices. We have to go back tomorrow.
15) Come home and hubby has left all the lights and the TV on. The dogs have made a nest out of my freshly dry cleaned down comforter on the bed that they're not supposed to jump on and for good measure they've eaten my strawberry lip balm.

But AH, COOKIES make a perfect appetizer before dinner and I'll just blend myself a nice Pina Col.... HEY!.... What happened to all the RUM!?!?!?!
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:02 pm

what the drymount is turkey salad?
not dead
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:15 pm

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:what the drymount is turkey salad?
Chefs salad minus the other cold cuts when the food order didn't come in. i.e. leftovers from last week.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:14 am

I feel your pain. I'll say two hail Faireys and four Our Ames Brothers for you.
Hook me up wif some PHX BUX!
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:35 am

Friday afternoon I got food poisioning from Subway, sick as a dog through Sunday afternoon. Haven't puked that hard in at least 4 years (since college).

Today, I wake up to a massive case of green apple splatters. Girlfriends great-grandma died this weekend and I need to go to the funeral home to visit, but I'm not confident enough in my ass that I can make a 20 minute car ride over there.

QA migrations that were supposed to be done last month are still not done, I'm afraid if I bring it up to a certain co-worker, a jihad will commence.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:57 pm

ryefish75 wrote:I feel your pain. I'll say two hail Faireys and four Our Ames Brothers for you.
Hook me up wif some PHX BUX!
:D

oooh, hope you feel better soon Colonel !!
Catarax
Art Expert

Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:33 am

Here's a Pet Peeve I bet a lot of us deal with on ebay.. I woke up this morning to see someone cut off one of my auctions and killed it's potential to maybe make me a little bit of money. and now that's not going to happen, cause someone thought it was a good idea to list the same print I'm selling while putting a Buy It Now option only 25 dollars more than what my auction starts for, o and with the ability to make an offer, good thing my auction ends today and his ends in 10 days, as his auction sits right above mine.. what a douche..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:11 pm

Codeblue wrote:Can't believe nobody mentioned this yet. Those tv's above the pumps at the gas station that bombard you with shitty promos and advertising. There are 2 gas stations right by me, both Shell. After what must have been a couple years, one of them just took out the tvs. I purposely drive out of my way several blocks to go to that station.
The only time I've ever been happy to see the Blue Screen of Death:
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
andruw000
Art Expert

Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:20 pm

two things:

1. when the light turns green and the person in the car in front of me is texting/putting on make-up/not paying attention and doesn't move until the light turns yellow and then they hit the gas and speed through the light leaving me with a red. those people should have their tires slashed.

2. people that don't follow lines. italians (in italy) are the absolute worst with this -- it's a drymounting free-for-all in italy. turn your head waiting in line for groceries and someone sneaks in front of you, it's absurd.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:50 am

IKEA stores.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:00 am

I'll second that emotion. And I think I'm going to the one in Emeryville with my friend tomorrow.
not dead
drummer7795
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:11 am

"you know, it takes fewer muscles to smile than it does to frown." shut up.
FKozik wrote:see you in hell.
mistersmith wrote:If you didn't want Horkey to tear you up you shouldn't have worn that short skirt.
Catarax
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:39 am

having to send certified mail to companies to solve simple problems that could easily be done by phone or through email..

blood suckers...
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
ReverendToneZone
Art Expert

Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:59 pm

Powdered Soup Dispensers . . .

These things really piss me off. I absolutely despise that powder crap.