Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:55 pm

dr_flie wrote:Not sure if this is really a pet peeve, or more of a situation where I go wha..? In the area where I work there's this old lady who goes around to trash bins and searches through them for bags of dog fudge, takes them out of the bin, removes the turds and throws them on the ground and then throws the plastic out. She must have been at the bin today for about an hour because as I was walking back to my car to go home, there must have been at least 250 pieces of dog fudge around the trash bin.. Luckily it's still below freezing here, so the smell wasn't so bad.. One of those day's I'm glad winter is still here. I'll take a picture in the morning.. Just so you can see I'm not exaggerating.

Wow. Yeah, doesn't really qualify as a peeve, as it's more anecdotal in nature, but very nasty. You would NOT get away with this in my neighborhood. It's illegal here to dig in any trash can in city limits. That amounts to a biological hazard, could even be a terrorist conviction under the post 9/11 laws.
Last edited by ryefish75 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vorphilack
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:28 pm

Bad neighbors at festies.
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:45 pm

ryefish75 wrote:Okay, new one. II just enjoyed an almost perfect lunch, but inevitably one of my most intense pet peeves reared its ugly head in the form of the "Restaurant Dining Room Nose-Blower." FAIL.
For any of you here that feel that blowing your nose is acceptable in any dining situation, you are grossly mistaken. Take it to the restroom. I don't fart at the table, so don't go thinking you can blow your nose there either.
FIN
It's almost always old men over 65. No shame. Like an air horn.
Nothing brings humility like a good ol' shart."
jcporter
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:20 am

dr_flie wrote:Not sure if this is really a pet peeve, or more of a situation where I go wha..? In the area where I work there's this old lady who goes around to trash bins and searches through them for bags of dog fudge, takes them out of the bin, removes the turds and throws them on the ground and then throws the plastic out. She must have been at the bin today for about an hour because as I was walking back to my car to go home, there must have been at least 250 pieces of dog fudge around the trash bin.. Luckily it's still below freezing here, so the smell wasn't so bad.. One of those day's I'm glad winter is still here. I'll take a picture in the morning.. Just so you can see I'm not exaggerating.
OK...so we can assume that this old lady is totally out of her nut...right?
ISO: Uncle Charlie's 22" by 33" silkscreen version of Metallica / Alice in Chains 1994 Austin - signed & numbered run of 250
Stingers
Art Expert

Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:47 pm

vorphilack wrote:Bad neighbors at festies.
Good one.
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:29 pm

Maybe someone at Yahoo stumbled upon this thread.
The Worst (And Most Common) Etiquette Mistakes
http://food.yahoo.com/blog/foxyfestivit ... e-mistakes
MJBuck
Art Expert

Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:16 pm

obey release pm's

Seriously. I hate them.
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:18 pm

MJBuck wrote:obey release pm's

Seriously. I hate them.
?? if you hate them why don't you just remove yourself from the list?
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
MJBuck
Art Expert

Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:20 pm

greenhorn1 wrote:
MJBuck wrote:obey release pm's

Seriously. I hate them.
?? if you hate them why don't you just remove yourself from the list?
I have. Multiple times, but they still keep coming, and coming, and coming... :hanging:
out and perfect.
norelation wrote:quit with the sniveling and just sell the damn poster. i don't care about your life story, we all got problems. just tell me about bent corners, or if your cat has used it for target practice.
mistersmith wrote:That means I'm going to touch you.
jsrep212
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:23 pm

People who complain.....
The Dude abides...
drummer7795
Art Expert

Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:18 pm

My roommates are idiots. I almost started a "Share your worst roommate stories" thread just to vent some of the bullshit I deal with. My boss is an irresponsible ass who made me work extra hours the week I was moving so that she could spend a week off with her new dog. I could type all night about her amassed acts of idiocy and how they are pet peeves. But these two I'm living with piss me off to a new level, I can't wait until the lease is up in September.
FKozik wrote:see you in hell.
mistersmith wrote:If you didn't want Horkey to tear you up you shouldn't have worn that short skirt.
yostarama
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:42 pm

pwned wrote:press 1 for english
This is also one thing that drives me nuts. Also the dumb co worker that pulls their car up to the badge reader for the parking garage and sits there for five minutes looking for their badge. Did you lose your badge over night or are you an asshole?
galactus43
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:01 pm

Slow walkers in shops or on paths....keep left! Also people who decide to have a conversation in the middle of the footpath.

Smokers....man their breath stinks and 99% of them litter.

People who do not use deoderant.

People who are late for or cancel meetings. I make the effort to be there on time, what's your excuse.

Old men who speak in a grumbly voice so you can not understand them and just have to nod and fake you understood. This is even worst when you ask them to repeat themselves several times.

People who pick up a ringing telephone when you are in the middle of a conversation with them. C'mon, they can leave a message, but I am standing right here.

When my calculator plays hide and seek on my desk. I used it two seconds ago and now it's gone. I can turn over every bit of paper except the one it is under before I find it.
johnr1311
Art Expert

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:10 pm

People who do the dishes and dont wipe off the stove and consider the dishes done.

Shoes on the couch.

Friends who come over and drink my beer and dont bring their own.

People who spend the night at my house and dont fold up the blanket or make the bed.

Dog hair on my clothes.

People who use the word facecious.

Slow drivers.

People who refuse to try new food.

People who hate sushi, but never had it.
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks