Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:54 am

RadRacing wrote:LOL RN loves bringing this up (see page 982 of this thread)..."overcompensating" basically word for word.

1. It goes without saying that NOBODY with half a brain thinks pets are on the same level as kids
2. "Overcompensating" implies that they want kids (newsflash not everyone does, me included). And if these people actually do want kids, but can't have them for whatever reason, then you are just being a DICK by pointing that out.

Seriously, good on ya for having kids. I understand it's a ton of work and a challenge. But stop acting like you yourself are saving the world. There are plenty of people in it already. They are a gift to you, no need to look down on anyone else, no matter how much they love their pets. Them saying so doesn't diminish your importance as a parent. You find your happiness where you find it, let them find it for themselves (however that may be).
Luls, nice research. :lol:

Also believe too many are parents that shouldn't be. You need a license and test for most involved tasks. Unfortunately parenting isn't one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
RadRacing
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:04 pm

^^ LOL The research is easy when you're playing the hits.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:13 pm

RadRacing wrote:^^ LOL The research is easy when you're playing the hits.
So how many cats do you have?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
RadRacing
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:16 pm

just the one. With zero bumper stickers or delusions of it being a child. :lol:
I agree all that is ridiculous, it's the 'overcompensating' that I took issue with.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:26 pm

RadRacing wrote:I'm all for personal freedoms, but at an airport, please put in all the security measures you want. I think it's great that someone is there checking balls thoroughly for potentially harmful stashes.
Except the issue is none of the security measures are consistent from airport to airport, nor do many of them make any sense to begin with. I'm all for making us safer but the fudge that's going on right now with TSA is not accomplishing that task.
I'm not someone else.
sixstringer
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:48 pm

Pic is not mine but this. It just happened to me this week. Wtf is wrong with people?
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:59 pm

sixstringer wrote:Pic is not mine but this. It just happened to me this week. Wtf is wrong with people?
No consideration for others. It's all about me, me, me.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:23 pm

That warrants a pen into the foot.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
guryter
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:32 pm

There's a good peeve....people who act like they're in their home when they are not. That pic above is the reason why I don't go to the movies any longer. Eating chicken fingers in a movie theater? GTFO.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:36 pm

I don't mind some slight upscale (Alamo style) to a theater but I think its crossed some threshold.

Don't ever want to feel like I'm home, overly cushy reclining seats :hanging:
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:30 pm

I went to the alamo for the alien day double feature a couple years back. Made the mistake of ordering the nachos during Alien. Never have I been so self conscious of my eating noise, trying to crunch as silenty as possible during a quiet, tense, atmospheric film. Shoulda waited and got them during Aliens.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:34 pm

:lol:
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:34 pm

:lol:
fredo
Art God

Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:58 pm

RadRacing wrote:^^ LOL The research is easy when you're playing the hits.
Don't sweat it. RN was set to play the father in A Christmas Story until he refused to take the family out for dinner at the end. On principle. #nonodylearnsanythingthatway
just a foil for me today, thanks
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:54 am

sixstringer wrote:Pic is not mine but this. It just happened to me this week. Wtf is wrong with people?
some dude tried to pull this a few years back with shoes on. and tried to site a foot injury as the reason. and i was like...well we have many seats available in this theater and we sat here first so why dont you move if you have to extend your foot? 'no man this is the seat i want to sit in and you will have to deal with it' .....the manager dealt with it and he moved.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!