Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:And yes my balls are pretty sensitive, yours aren't?
I mean, yeah, most are. But, if you can't handle a pat down, then I fear for your sex life.

Re: therapy dogs. I've got no issues with them...

...as long as they are legit therapy dogs. Therapy animals have become a really great thing for a lot of people, and the amount that are out there is high, but that can only mean the acceptance of them is becoming higher. I used to work with a group that helped train therapy dogs, and the amount of people living with ptsd that would then be able to live a better life because of them is superb.

With that said, the two times I visited the US (2011, 2013/2014), I saw a lot of dogs everywhere. Multiple ones on planes (domestic flights), a lot in shopping areas, and one notable chihuahua that sat through 12 Years a Slave with its owner.

I say, more dog friendly places (mostly because you can't take your dogs anywhere here), but also... no to the other therapy pets out there.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
fredo
Art God

Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:47 am

RottenAtom wrote:
DonPiano wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:
fredo wrote:People reclining their seats while the plane is boarding.

Related: Airlines charging "premium economy" prices for exit row seats.
^Nearly everything associated with flying. Especially people who can't/don't control their kids and the new trend of "security" dogs. WTF is that fudge?
By "security" dogs, do you mean therapy dogs?
Yeah, whatever you call them. People have been flying for years without bringing animals aboard. Using "therapy dog" as an excuse to keep it with you is silly... (and annoying to people who prefer not to fly around animals). Put all the kids, parents, and dogs on the same planes...
But who gives a fudge.
just a foil for me today, thanks
DonPiano
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:07 am

I do! I do!

I should add as well, if they are a legitimate therapy animal, then they have gone through a similar (but different) training process as guide dogs do.

This article is a great explanation of why a therapy (or as named in this case, 'assistance dog') is a good thing:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/201 ... leave-home
The Curb

fredo
Art God

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:10 am

I meant who cares if they're on planes.
just a foil for me today, thanks
DonPiano
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:17 am

He does! He does!

Obviously not a dog fan.

Shame.
The Curb

RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:57 am

Preferring to fly without a bunch of Paris Hilton-wannabe dog carriers doesn't necessarily mean I'm not a dog person. A lot of those people don't need those dogs for therapeutic reasons. Flights are claustrophobic and cramped enough as is without everybody bringing their pets on board.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:23 am

Ahhh, the good old peeves thread. You really do get some great glimpses into a person’s immortal soul here. I love you guys.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:25 am

I'm all for personal freedoms, but at an airport, please put in all the security measures you want. I think it's great that someone is there checking balls thoroughly for potentially harmful stashes.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:20 am

Codeblue wrote:Speaking of dogs, everyone and their mother brings their dogs to the fuggin grocery store (along with everywhere else they go). This is also way more common than it used to be, and no one who works at the store tells them to take their dog out anymore. I don't want your mangy mutt sticking his face in the produce.
Time for the 'animals are not equivalent to kids' debate?

Over compensating pet owners and their constant push to get others to acknowledge their 'babies' as just as important as your kids. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:26 am

shots fired
RadRacing
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:02 am

LOL RN loves bringing this up (see page 982 of this thread)..."overcompensating" basically word for word.

1. It goes without saying that NOBODY with half a brain thinks pets are on the same level as kids
2. "Overcompensating" implies that they want kids (newsflash not everyone does, me included). And if these people actually do want kids, but can't have them for whatever reason, then you are just being a DICK by pointing that out.

Seriously, good on ya for having kids. I understand it's a ton of work and a challenge. But stop acting like you yourself are saving the world. There are plenty of people in it already. They are a gift to you, no need to look down on anyone else, no matter how much they love their pets. Them saying so doesn't diminish your importance as a parent. You find your happiness where you find it, let them find it for themselves (however that may be).
hunterjax
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:13 am

best of both worlds, amiright? :lol: :lol: :lol:
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:23 am

I don't have an ax to grind with respect to actual emotional support animals but until recently it has been the wild, wild west. Send $50 to someone and your animal is now an emotional support animal. I'd bet 90% were bonus. Here is a nice read of the things people have brought on planes for "emotional support.":

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 87256.html

Penguins....turkeys....ducks....WTF.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:30 am

If ya need dat much emotional support to be able to get on a plane, don't fly, or take the fuggin train.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.