Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52168
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:47 pm

bubbie wrote:$6,000+ to pop a kid is insane. How do poors do it?
How do ya think?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IWish
Art Expert
Posts: 9806
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:57 pm

It's crazy. I worked for the local gov (health dept). There were people who came to get assistance that arrived in expensive vehicles. Those of us working couldn't afford those kind of vehicles.
User avatar
glenn1
Art Expert
Posts: 1704
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:09 pm

fredo wrote:Went to a couple of prenatal classes. During our hellos/intros on Day 1 another couple mentioned that they were gonna find out the sex but that their midwife wanted to be surprised. I reflexively said it was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard, because it probably was. They weren't at the next class.
That is hilarious.
IWish wrote:I never really understood the need for birthing classes - other than, being beneficial for the father(s). I mean...there's there's really only one thing the mother needs to do...to push that baby out.
My wife and I attended classes before both of our kids and they covered things like the stages of labor, potential complications, breast feeding, and infant CPR. We were really glad to have them available to us.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26511
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:10 pm

6K isn't cheap, but for what you get in terms of expertise and safety for your #1 priority in life at that moment...it's pretty cheap.
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 6039
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:13 pm

Codeblue wrote:
bubbie wrote:$6,000+ to pop a kid is insane. How do poors do it?
How do ya think?
In a shack?
User avatar
bubbie
Art Expert
Posts: 6039
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:49 pm
Location: Canada

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:15 pm

fredo wrote:6K isn't cheap, but for what you get in terms of expertise and safety for your #1 priority in life at that moment...it's pretty cheap.
Yeah, we get the same, but we don"t pay $6,000+ for it.
User avatar
peacedog
Art Expert
Posts: 3123
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:46 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
Contact:

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:24 pm

IWish wrote:I never really understood the need for birthing classes - other than, being beneficial for the father(s). I mean...there's there's really only one thing the mother needs to do...to push that baby out.
:rolling: (from my wife)
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52168
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:25 pm

bubbie wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
bubbie wrote:$6,000+ to pop a kid is insane. How do poors do it?
How do ya think?
In a shack?
Believe it or not, there are medical assistance programs for poors here (for now).
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
glenn1
Art Expert
Posts: 1704
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:21 pm
Location: Milwaukee

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:30 pm

bubbie wrote:
fredo wrote:6K isn't cheap, but for what you get in terms of expertise and safety for your #1 priority in life at that moment...it's pretty cheap.
Yeah, we get the same, but we don"t pay $6,000+ for it.
These types of results don't come cheap... U.S. Has The Worst Rate Of Maternal Deaths In The Developed World

The full report is worth a read, if anyone needed more reasons to look down on the US health care system.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26511
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:33 pm

bubbie wrote:
fredo wrote:6K isn't cheap, but for what you get in terms of expertise and safety for your #1 priority in life at that moment...it's pretty cheap.
Yeah, we get the same, but we don"t pay $6,000+ for it.
But you do.
peacedog wrote:
IWish wrote:I never really understood the need for birthing classes - other than, being beneficial for the father(s). I mean...there's there's really only one thing the mother needs to do...to push that baby out.
:rolling: (from my wife)
From mine too. She'll be with y'all shortly to discuss.
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52168
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:45 pm

Smart muthas schedule a c section instead of #pushindatbabyout.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13717
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:52 pm

Codeblue wrote:Smart muthas schedule a c section instead of #pushindatbabyout.
Yeah, why do it the way it is designed to be done when you can just saw it out of her?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26511
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Codeblue wrote:Smart muthas schedule a c section instead of #pushindatbabyout.
Image
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52168
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Smart muthas schedule a c section instead of #pushindatbabyout.
Yeah, why do it the way it is designed to be done when you can just saw it out of her?
http://www.parents.com/pregnancy/giving ... d-to-know/
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IWish
Art Expert
Posts: 9806
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 12:23 am

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:35 pm

fredo wrote:
peacedog wrote:
IWish wrote:I never really understood the need for birthing classes - other than, being beneficial for the father(s). I mean...there's there's really only one thing the mother needs to do...to push that baby out.
:rolling: (from my wife)
From mine too. She'll be with y'all shortly to discuss.
What? Why the laughs? Sure, I understand we have to carry the child during pregnancy, but when it comes to delivery...it's fairly a simple process. PUSH! Of course, I can only speak about my experience. I've had discussions with other mothers and my pregnancy was easy in comparison. My point was, once you get to the hospital for delivery - the medical staff provides instructions which is why I didn't understand the need for birthing classes. Peace of mind, I guess and that's not a bad thing.

Oh man, there's no way I'd have a c-section if I didn't need one. They cut through muscle and the healing time is takes much longer than a coochie heal. Again, only speaking of my experience and what I've learned about c-section from others.
glenn1 wrote:My wife and I attended classes before both of our kids and they covered things like the stages of labor, potential complications, breast feeding, and infant CPR. We were really glad to have them available to us.
Okay, yeah...especially the infant CPR.
Post Reply