Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
alittle
Art Freak
Posts: 15287
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 am

Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:28 pm

Not sure if serious.

It's meant to be less visible than standard glossy tape, not actually drymounting invisible. Jesus christ.
Image
User avatar
Kramerica
Art Freak
Posts: 13724
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:37 am
Location: Corner of 1st & 1st

Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:35 pm

To be fair, if it's opaque, I don't think you can see through it at all. So that would seem pretty misleading.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52187
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:45 pm

More like transparent amirite?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
peacedog
Art Expert
Posts: 3123
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:46 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
Contact:

Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:21 pm

Codeblue wrote:More like transparent amirite?
Translucent tape was confusing people.
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8340
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:38 pm

alittle wrote:Not sure if serious.

It's meant to be less visible than standard glossy tape, not actually drymounting invisible. Jesus christ.
it says drymounting invisible on the box.

ok. it doesn't say drymounting. but it does say invisible. and if I use it and can see it as opposed to transparent tape with has a clear glossy finish that seems to be the appropriate title to call it invisible.

sorry to make it your pet peeve now too.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26513
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:36 pm

Packing/moving.
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52187
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:38 pm

Deported?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26513
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:27 am

Worse. Bought a house.
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
peacedog
Art Expert
Posts: 3123
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:46 pm
Location: Denver, Colorado
Contact:

Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:38 am

fredo wrote:Packing/moving.
I hear ya... :P
User avatar
john38103
Art Expert
Posts: 2575
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:28 am
Location: Chicago

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:34 pm

Getting a massive increase in telemarketing calls and spam texts lately. Been blocking numbers left and right.
Vorpel
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 383
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:12 pm

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:16 pm

Take wife to see Princess Bride (classic movie series at a local theater) - audience participation (cheer the good guys, boo the bad guys, etc) encouraged - adults only showing so they could serve alcohol.

Movie starts - asshole in front of us (drunk) yelling/screaming out lines and quips throughout the movie... 10% of them were funny - the rest so obnoxious. Turned a fun movie into a chore to watch. Guess I'll avoid the adults only screenings in the future...!
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:22 pm

john38103 wrote:Getting a massive increase in telemarketing calls and spam texts lately. Been blocking numbers left and right.
Same here. drymounting tempted to have my number changed, last thing i want to do. I can only imagine telling my mother my number changed...and having her call the old one saying she can't get ahold of me. :lol:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
Posts: 8437
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:26 pm

Vorpel wrote:Take wife to see Princess Bride (classic movie series at a local theater) - audience participation (cheer the good guys, boo the bad guys, etc) encouraged - adults only showing so they could serve alcohol.

Movie starts - asshole in front of us (drunk) yelling/screaming out lines and quips throughout the movie... 10% of them were funny - the rest so obnoxious. Turned a fun movie into a chore to watch. Guess I'll avoid the adults only screenings in the future...!
Sucks. Did you try to politely ask him to at least not scream the lines before they happened?
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52187
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:34 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
john38103 wrote:Getting a massive increase in telemarketing calls and spam texts lately. Been blocking numbers left and right.
Same here. drymounting tempted to have my number changed, last thing i want to do. I can only imagine telling my mother my number changed...and having her call the old one saying she can't get ahold of me. :lol:
Which carrier?

Also yall need to use the do not call list.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:35 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:
john38103 wrote:Getting a massive increase in telemarketing calls and spam texts lately. Been blocking numbers left and right.
Same here. drymounting tempted to have my number changed, last thing i want to do. I can only imagine telling my mother my number changed...and having her call the old one saying she can't get ahold of me. :lol:

in the same boat here.. brutal.
Image
Post Reply