Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:46 pm

Bikejoh wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Recently had a women at the express counter with well over 30 items, who then proceeded to request checking out 3 separate times to allow her use multiple coupons on each payment.

I asked the cashier if that was allowable, while she was checking out, but she just mumbled something sheepishly under her breath and kept checking out. For $8/hr I guess they don't see it worthwhile making a fuss.

drymountin' nerve of some folk...
The customer's always right. HEB pounds this into their cashiers, basically means "let them win no matter what".

I used to work for HEB, we once had some people whose steak didn't get bagged, they drove something like 45 minutes away, then drove back, and demanded HEB pay for the steak and the gas they used. They paid it.
It figures. It was HEB fwiw... 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:50 pm

Bikejoh wrote:I used to work for HEB, we once had some people whose steak didn't get bagged, they drove something like 45 minutes away, then drove back, and demanded HEB pay for the steak and the gas they used. They paid it.
Unreal.

On the opposite end of the customer is always right spectrum:
We completely renovated our kitchen recently, and the lovely new Ikea sink we picked up has a random crack already. So I need to rip the thing out, drive it down to the burbs of Chicago where we got it from, and if they can't fix it (I know this is just a blanket policy that customer service regurgitated to my wife over the phone, but huh? How the F are you gonna go about fixing a cracked sink, and on the spot no less) then we will be given a new one to take back and reinstall ourselves. My wife even explained the whole situation, including the fact that we live about an hour and ten minutes away and even offered to send pictures of the receipt and of the sink itself and to pay the shipping to have a new one shipped to our house, but no. drymount Ikea and their stupid meatballs.
1000steps
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:54 pm

Bikejoh wrote:I don't like shopping high, I always buy dumb fudge or forget something important.
I do alright with a little buzz. But I use a shopping list, and I never go shopping with the munchies. That's a good way to double your tab at checkout.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
john38103
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:08 pm

I arrived at the airport about an hour and fifteen minutes before an international flight a couple weeks back. The counter ladies who needed to weigh my carry-on bag freaked out and kept angrily exclaiming "you're the last one" like it was a grocery line and I needed to tell anyone behind me not to bother unloading their cart. I never need a lecture from people I'm paying. If I'm too late to make the flight simply let me know. Otherwise do your drymounting job and let me go about my day. I would've loved to be earlier but sometimes life doesn't work that way.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:11 pm

1000steps wrote:
Bikejoh wrote:I don't like shopping high, I always buy dumb fudge or forget something important.
I do alright with a little buzz. But I use a shopping list, and I never go shopping with the munchies. That's a good way to double your tab at checkout.
Yeah, I always end up with 12 bags of Cheetos for some reason... :drool:
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:16 pm

All these things are reasons I like to shop stoned. Old ladies moving too slow? So am I. Clerk has a bad attitude? I didn't even notice. Chicken and detergent in the same bag? Thank god I remembered the detergent. Nobody is having any fun? I am :ziggi:
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:19 pm

I like your style. I do the exact same thing. And also, scores major bonus points with the Mrs. when she wakes up to a house full of food.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:21 pm

john38103 wrote:I arrived at the airport about an hour and fifteen minutes before an international flight a couple weeks back. The counter ladies who needed to weigh my carry-on bag freaked out and kept angrily exclaiming "you're the last one" like it was a grocery line and I needed to tell anyone behind me not to bother unloading their cart. I never need a lecture from people I'm paying. If I'm too late to make the flight simply let me know. Otherwise do your drymounting job and let me go about my day. I would've loved to be earlier but sometimes life doesn't work that way.
Agreed, its not school, they can make their point once and indicate if it's still an option or not. I won't be lectured to, especially by some random clerk.

Some Post Office staff also try it on when you are trying to get stuff sent. Huffing and puffing over the various required labels and forms, without ever having these documents up front first. You get to hear all about how they are understaffed and haven't had their break yet.

I had one start on me a while back requesting me to 'move aside' and then begin to try to lecture me on how I needed to fill out a form prior to coming to the counter, but I stopped her in her tracks, informing her this was not school and that I'd complete my form there and then, that she could wait the 20 seconds or so it took since they didn't provide the documents prior to my coming to the counter. The sassy clerk didn't like that but the awkward moment also meant no one else wanted to come over until I was done... 8)

Minor officials, major ego.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Diabolos80
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:22 pm

PrintNoob87 wrote:I like your style. I do the exact same thing. And also, scores major bonus points with the Mrs. when she wakes up to a house full of food.
Bonus points! What's really funny is that most times she can tell when I smoked first.
"What's with all the beef jerky, dude?"
ygolohcysp
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:31 pm

Diabolos80 wrote:
PrintNoob87 wrote:I like your style. I do the exact same thing. And also, scores major bonus points with the Mrs. when she wakes up to a house full of food.
Bonus points! What's really funny is that most times she can tell when I smoked first.
"What's with all the beef jerky, dude?"

There's simply no other way to shop :ziggi: :silly:
A public relations nightmare

SLAPPED WITH FLIPPING
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:28 pm

People that come to work sick. You are not productive when you're there and you're probably infecting those around you thereby decreasing even more people's productivity. STAY HOME
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
fredo
Art God

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:35 pm

jmagee87 wrote:People that come to work sick. You are not productive when you're there and you're probably infecting those around you thereby decreasing even more people's productivity. STAY HOME
Amen. Work was like a hot zone this winter- I ended up with a chest infection.
just a foil for me today, thanks
1000steps
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:38 pm

rubberneck wrote:
john38103 wrote:I arrived at the airport about an hour and fifteen minutes before an international flight a couple weeks back. The counter ladies who needed to weigh my carry-on bag freaked out and kept angrily exclaiming "you're the last one" like it was a grocery line and I needed to tell anyone behind me not to bother unloading their cart. I never need a lecture from people I'm paying. If I'm too late to make the flight simply let me know. Otherwise do your drymounting job and let me go about my day. I would've loved to be earlier but sometimes life doesn't work that way.
Agreed, its not school, they can make their point once and indicate if it's still an option or not. I won't be lectured to, especially by some random clerk.

Some Post Office staff also try it on when you are trying to get stuff sent. Huffing and puffing over the various required labels and forms, without ever having these documents up front first. You get to hear all about how they are understaffed and haven't had their break yet.

I had one start on me a while back requesting me to 'move aside' and then begin to try to lecture me on how I needed to fill out a form prior to coming to the counter, but I stopped her in her tracks, informing her this was not school and that I'd complete my form there and then, that she could wait the 20 seconds or so it took since they didn't provide the documents prior to my coming to the counter. The sassy clerk didn't like that but the awkward moment also meant no one else wanted to come over until I was done... 8)

Minor officials, major ego.
You guys need to toughen up.
1000steps
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:40 pm

fredo wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:People that come to work sick. You are not productive when you're there and you're probably infecting those around you thereby decreasing even more people's productivity. STAY HOME
Or was it the daycare? Or as I refer to such places - bioweapon research facilities?
jmagee87
Art Expert

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:45 pm

1000steps wrote:
fredo wrote:
Or was it the daycare? Or as I refer to such places - bioweapon research facilities?
As a soon to be first time dad who has a severe phobia of getting sick...daycare scares the jeebus out of me
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.