Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:12 am

earlgreytoast wrote:I just assume that everything I type into my compooter is monitored.
Keep thinking that. It's what makes my job easier in IT. Paranoid end users makes for less issues :P

But for real though. the vast majority of companies do not monitor everything you do. Would take far too much time and resources and most companies already think IT costs the company too much money
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:27 pm

People who add an "s" to nouns when the actual person, place or thing doesn't have an "s." Surest way to spot a townie.
ImageT.K.C.
mistersmith
Art Freak

Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:57 pm

bryndavies wrote:People who add an "s" to nouns when the actual person, place or thing doesn't have an "s." Surest way to spot a townie.
Like Nordstrom. Everyone does that.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:58 pm

Heh. Hans Solo. < I did that.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:28 pm

stuckeyc wrote:The updated sirius/xm app. It was bad before but with a little hard work they managed to make it worse. dropouts and freezes galore

Seriously if you haven't updated DO NOT. Has crashed atleast a dozen times during the course of Howard today and Everytime requires a force stop to be able to start listening again and then you have to rewind to get to where you left off
christoffergaddini
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:55 pm

People who complain about the high price of art by saying "it's just ink on paper." It's like saying "gold is just a rock."
Interested in the entertainment industry? Check out http://dlreporter.com
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:25 pm

christoffergaddini wrote:People who complain about the high price of art by saying "it's just ink on paper." It's like saying "gold is just a rock."
Gold is nearly universally accepted to be a precious and finite resource, and has been used as a foundational element of international currencies throughout history. Art is necessarily subjective, is limitless, and only unknown factors can contribute to its future worth.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:35 pm

christoffergaddini wrote:People who complain about the high price of art by saying "it's just ink on paper." It's like saying "gold is just a rock."
Dem invader tiles...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:46 pm

Yup. Same folks who say "this is twice what you paid for this piece, and a fair price" when said piece is going for 4x that amount.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:14 pm

I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I find it annoying when someone quotes an image (especially a large one) to comment on, when it's right above their post. A simple ^ would suffice. Many are guilty of this. :P
Cragars
Art Expert

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:40 pm

When people invite you somewhere last minute and then act let down when you don't have enough time to get there.
spunkmonkey
Art Expert

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:02 pm

mistersmith wrote:
Gold is nearly universally accepted to be a precious and finite resource, and has been used as a foundational element of international currencies throughout history. Art is necessarily subjective, is limitless, and only unknown factors can contribute to its future worth.
Plus, not a rock.
christoffergaddini
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:15 pm

spunkmonkey wrote:
mistersmith wrote:
Plus, not a rock.

To play devils advocate, art has been universally accepted as a precious and finite resource, used as an element of international currency throughout history. In fact, international law allows for the pillage of precious metals during wartime, but strictly prohibits the taking of any important national art. The gold market is (albeit more determinable) also subject to just as many market forces as art, making the art market as "subjective" as any precious metal market.

My original point is that such complaints miss the point in that non-essential collector or investment items have no intrinsic value other then the cumulative perceived value put into it.
Interested in the entertainment industry? Check out http://dlreporter.com
haven
Art Expert

Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:35 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I find it annoying when someone quotes an image (especially a large one) to comment on, when it's right above their post. A simple ^ would suffice. Many are guilty of this. :P
It's great when 4 or 5 people in a row do it.
1nkling
Site Admin

Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:26 pm

haven wrote:
bulkhead72 wrote:I am sure this has been mentioned before, but I find it annoying when someone quotes an image (especially a large one) to comment on, when it's right above their post. A simple ^ would suffice. Many are guilty of this. :P
It's great when 4 or 5 people in a row do it.
No.. Its not.. :roll:
My up to date trades and ISOs.