Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:53 am

Vytis33 wrote:^^^ not buying any prints from this guy.
:lol:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
thewerepuppygrr
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:01 pm

:lol:
Oh man, if you guys only knew how OCD I am. I love the pets too much to give them up, though. It's self-torture, I guess.
1nkling
Site Admin

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:11 pm

My pup had a flea problem. He and the neighbours dogs kept giving them back and forth to each other. I'd always used Frontline but it was doing sod all so my vet recommended switching to Advocate instead. Worked fantastically and he's been fine for months. Its not too expensive either. About £15-20 but you get three lots of treatment for that.

I did also hot wash all his bedding etc and spray some household flea stuff around a bit but I'm pretty sure its the Advocate that did the job.
My up to date trades and ISOs.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:15 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:Using acronym's for poster titles
This pisses me off too, but not as much as when people put an apostrophe just because a word is plural.
fredo
Art God

Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:24 pm

1nkling wrote:My pup had a flea problem. He and the neighbours dogs kept giving them back and forth to each other. I'd always used Frontline but it was doing sod all so my vet recommended switching to Advocate instead. Worked fantastically and he's been fine for months. Its not too expensive either. About £15-20 but you get three lots of treatment for that.

I did also hot wash all his bedding etc and spray some household flea stuff around a bit but I'm pretty sure its the Advocate that did the job.
We had batbugs in the (wooden top floor in an old brick victorian 3-storey) apartment once. It was like war.
just a foil for me today, thanks
readicculus86
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:00 pm

Donkeys on the road - they're everywhere. The other day I was driving in my lane and the other lane was ending. There must've been at least two signs saying ending in 200m, ending 100m or whatever. Why do people (beemers I find typically) wait till the last minute to merge and push their way in when everyone else is waiting patiently? At least merge like 50m before you see your completely dissappear.

So this one donkey tries to merge in my lane at the last second and I'm all like drymount this beemer assclown, I'll just stick tight to the car in front of me. So the guy lays on his horn (I honk back) and proceeds to flip me off when he merge into my lane behind me (I give the shove it up your know where gesture :P ). So I got honked at and flipped off for not letting some assclown cut me off. And we wonder why there is so much road rage out there :hanging: Must be this capitalist society we live in which makes people feel entitled to cut every else off. Honestly, some people dirve like it kill or be killed out there. :evil:
fitz
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:07 pm

^^ 90% of the time when I see someone driving in a really aggressive fashion they are in a BMW.
alittle
Art Freak

Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:07 pm

Definitely the douche bag's choice.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:11 pm

readicculus86 wrote:Donkeys on the road - they're everywhere. The other day I was driving in my lane and the other lane was ending. There must've been at least two signs saying ending in 200m, ending 100m or whatever. Why do people (beemers I find typically) wait till the last minute to merge and push their way in when everyone else is waiting patiently? At least merge like 50m before you see your completely dissappear.

So this one donkey tries to merge in my lane at the last second and I'm all like drymount this beemer assclown, I'll just stick tight to the car in front of me. So the guy lays on his horn (I honk back) and proceeds to flip me off when he merge into my lane behind me (I give the shove it up your know where gesture :P ). So I got honked at and flipped off for not letting some assclown cut me off. And we wonder why there is so much road rage out there :hanging: Must be this capitalist society we live in which makes people feel entitled to cut every else off. Honestly, some people dirve like it kill or be killed out there. :evil:
Houston, everyday, except it's a big 4 wheeler who knows who will flinch first...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:16 pm

readicculus86 wrote:Donkeys on the road - they're everywhere. The other day I was driving in my lane and the other lane was ending. There must've been at least two signs saying ending in 200m, ending 100m or whatever. Why do people (beemers I find typically) wait till the last minute to merge and push their way in when everyone else is waiting patiently? At least merge like 50m before you see your completely dissappear.

Everyday of my life in Brooklyn. 12 miles to work on the BQE... takes me an hour each way.
I have a sign in my glove box that reads, "Entitled?" and when the situation above takes place, the fingers come flying, horns honking, but then I hold up the sign so the other driver can read it clear as day. Oh man... that really gets other drivers fired up. I love it most when it then becomes a break-check, windows down cursing match after that...

People have this entitlement that other drivers HAVE to let them merge on the road way... either b/c they had their signal on, or a lane was ending, or whatever other reason..... but fact of the matter is... what they are doing is illegal.. and if I felt like dealing with police reports and accidents daily, you could just let them hit you and take them to court. Problem in BK is, most people who hit you on the roads.. don't stop... they just keep driving. I have literally 5 dents on my ML where the other driver didn't even stop or care they hit me.
fredo
Art God

Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:26 pm

readicculus86 wrote:So this one donkey tries to merge in my lane at the last second and I'm all like drymount this beemer assclown, I'll just stick tight to the car in front of me. So the guy lays on his horn (I honk back) and proceeds to flip me off when he merge into my lane behind me (I give the shove it up your know where gesture :P ). So I got honked at and flipped off for not letting some assclown cut me off. And we wonder why there is so much road rage out there :hanging:
Not that it isn't annoying as drymount when people do it aggro-style, but people are supposed to merge late (like a zippah!) when there's traffic so's to reduce backup. You guys colliding would've drymounted everybody for hours.

ps I'm no saint out there, but more and more I ask myself whether sticking to my guns (and the rules I impose on those around me) is making things better or worse.
Go with the flow, bitches!
readicculus86
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:28 pm

o4phish20o wrote:

Everyday of my life in Brooklyn. 12 miles to work on the BQE... takes me an hour each way.
I have a sign in my glove box that reads, "Entitled?" and when the situation above takes place, the fingers come flying, horns honking, but then I hold up the sign so the other driver can read it clear as day. Oh man... that really gets other drivers fired up. I love it most when it then becomes a break-check, windows down cursing match after that...

People have this entitlement that other drivers HAVE to let them merge on the road way... either b/c they had their signal on, or a lane was ending, or whatever other reason..... but fact of the matter is... what they are doing is illegal.. and if I felt like dealing with police reports and accidents daily, you could just let them hit you and take them to court. Problem in BK is, most people who hit you on the roads.. don't stop... they just keep driving. I have literally 5 dents on my ML where the other driver didn't even stop or care they hit me.

Jesus drymount... And I thought Toronto was bad. ISO "Entitled" Brainwash screenprint :lol:
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:34 pm

fredo wrote:
Not that it isn't annoying as drymount when people do it aggro-style, but people are supposed to merge late (like a zippah!) when there's traffic so's to reduce backup. You guys colliding would've drymounted everybody for hours.
While that is the proper way on a purely mathematical basis to maximize traffic flow... the law says otherwise.
Those with the Yield, must wait until someone else lets them in. Could be instantly, could be a year. Either way, the guy with the yield has to sit there and wait. Yielding driver is entitled to nothing.
fredo
Art God

Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:38 pm

The law gives you the right of way because someone has to have it. Point is: it is everybody's responsibility to keep things moving, even when d-bags d-bag.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:45 pm

If your lane is ending, it is your responsibility to merge into a lane that is not.

Technically, it is the duty of the driver attempting to merge to see that such movement can be made safely after signalling his intention to do so, and before he actually does so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"