Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Stingers
Art Expert

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:07 pm

"I could care less"

"Addicting"

"Amazeballs" / "totes amaze"

"nom nom nom"

Last two not too offensive on their own but in conjuction with other faze sayings get my back up .
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:39 pm

Over pronunciation of foreign words by Americans, particularly in regards to food. A good example is mozzeralla, not muuzerel. You're from Ohio, not Tuscany.
That's what she said
fredo
Art God

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:41 pm

And it's "PEET-zah", not "pizz".
just a foil for me today, thanks
drummer7795
Art Expert

Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:36 pm

summoner wrote:Companies that use FedEx!! I ordered a shitton of frames, that had to be separated into 5 different shipments, and were all shipped the same day. 1 box was delivered today, and the other 4 still show to have no update since they left the local hub on Tuesday... :hanging:

Never fails, FedEx is just about the worst at shipping anything to a home...

I had two 4x4 tires coming to me by fedex. i was at work when delivery dude came. guy actually called my phone and said his route was over for the day but he still had the truck, and i could just come over to his place and get my tires. went on my lunch break and got my fudge. true story.
FKozik wrote:see you in hell.
mistersmith wrote:If you didn't want Horkey to tear you up you shouldn't have worn that short skirt.
fnord
Art Expert

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:46 am

Flaming Lips - Noise Loop off Hit to Death

I play music in the background at work and sometimes turn it down real low when I'm on the phone.
Every once in a while I'll drymounting hit the godamn Noise Loop track and over the next 20 mintues slowly get more and more anxious for no godamn reason.
That is until I realize i've been listening to a persistent static pulse.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
john38103
Art Expert

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:59 am

drummer7795 wrote:
summoner wrote:Companies that use FedEx!! I ordered a shitton of frames, that had to be separated into 5 different shipments, and were all shipped the same day. 1 box was delivered today, and the other 4 still show to have no update since they left the local hub on Tuesday... :hanging:

Never fails, FedEx is just about the worst at shipping anything to a home...

I had two 4x4 tires coming to me by fedex. i was at work when delivery dude came. guy actually called my phone and said his route was over for the day but he still had the truck, and i could just come over to his place and get my tires. went on my lunch break and got my fudge. true story.
That delivery guy is kind of awesome.
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:10 am

Stingers wrote:"I could care less"

"Amazeballs" / "totes amaze"
you read my mind.
kryptonite1970
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:21 am

summoner wrote:
rockbridge wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Stupidity, plain & simple...

Trying to explain how to pack shopping at checkout to the packer. Frozen goods to be kept together and keeping chemicals and cleaning products separate from produce.
This made me :lol:

My wife is a freak about sorting. She tries to load the conveyor belt with everything grouped together and then she usually tells the bagger to get out of the way so she can do it herself....There's nothing worse than trying to pick out good produce, only to see the bagger put the tomatoes in and throw fudge on top of them.
I am that freak when we go to the market. I will group the items as I want them packed, as well as where they will be going in the kitchen when they are unloaded. It never fails that fudge will get put everywhere... And I am a freak about bread...

We went shopping for Thanksgiving this past year, and $350 later when I was looking over the cart as we were about to leave I saw not 1 package of bread products anywhere in the cart... I starting lifting things in bags to try to find all the bread that we bought, nothing, looked on the end of the register, nothing, so at this point I was getting pissed... I started taking EVERYTHING out of the bags to find the 8 items of bread that we had bought... Found them! AT THE BOTTOM OF 4 SEPARATE BAGS WITH PIES, CANNED GOODS, AND OTHER fudge ON TOP OF THEM!!! A manager saw that something "was not right" and came over to see what was going on... I, as calmly as I could, explained and she said "We can replace all that for you, if you would like to go back and get the same items you need replacing we can replace those". She was lucky that murder is a crime at this point... I said to her, as direct and calm as I could (which I was told later was not very calm ;) ) that the "drymounting idiot that put the bread at the bottom of the bags could take his ass around the store and get exactly what needs to be replaced, because I just spent the last 2 hours in their store getting the items in the first place".

The bagger then ran (and I do mean ran) and got everything to replace the items with, and that was the last time we went to that market.
Nice!!! I had a good laugh on this one... :pint:
Looking for an affordable flat file...
tourist504
Art Expert

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Stingers wrote:
"Addicting"
This can be correct. A person/personality is addictive. A substance is addicting.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
appletree
Art Expert

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:20 pm

When people (whom eat 1-3 times a day) say they are starving.
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

:::Johnathon Powers Photography:::
Sail wrote:it was all just a misunderstandingtree.
RadRacing
Art Expert

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:57 am

MOMS ON FACEBOOK!! AND THIS ...
Stingers wrote:
"nom nom nom"
fredo
Art God

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:35 am

Ending sentences/statements with "so..." which implies "and you know what that means", or "need I say more?"
No, I don't... and yes, you do.
just a foil for me today, thanks
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:21 am

I twisted my ankle while whistling the jurassic park theme song and wiggle pee'ing at a urinal yesterday :(
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:22 am

talkingdeads wrote:I twisted my ankle while whistling the jurassic park theme song and wiggle pee'ing at a urinal yesterday :(
:rolling:
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
mrkyuss
Art God

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:25 am

talkingdeads wrote:I twisted my ankle while whistling the jurassic park theme song and wiggle pee'ing at a urinal yesterday :(
Yeah I hate that!
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).