Is anybody else cold??? It's too damn cold!

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 10946
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:04 am

Been getting dumped on here in Idaho with the snow so far and ZERO complaints from this guy.

The local mountain has over 10 feet of snow so far this season. Tore up that mountain today. 8)
Image
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9943
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:08 am

Steamboat last weekend was 2' - 3' of freshies and face shots. Still, we got 100" in 48 hours back in '03 up in Winter Park over St. Patties and that was it for me. Doesn't get any better :twisted:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 10946
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:14 am

Nice.

We got almost 4 feet just this week alone. It's been awesome.
Image
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9943
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:31 am

canuck wrote:Nice.

We got almost 4 feet just this week alone. It's been awesome.
Yeah, I got some buds in Sun Valley and they've been raving. TBH, 4' over the week is around 12" daily, which is heaven. When we got that 8' over 2 days back in '03, Day 1 was epic and Day 2 was drymounting dangerous... but really, really fun :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 10946
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:50 am

comountaingolf wrote:
canuck wrote:Nice.

We got almost 4 feet just this week alone. It's been awesome.
Yeah, I got some buds in Sun Valley and they've been raving. TBH, 4' over the week is around 12" daily, which is heaven. When we got that 8' over 2 days back in '03, Day 1 was epic and Day 2 was drymounting dangerous... but really, really fun :lol:
I've never been to any resorts in Sun Valley but really want to but haven't been into boarding/skiing in awhile. They do got a ton of nice mountains by though to ride. I've been tearing it up in the snowmobiles though! Went twice this week. Thursday and today. It was heavenly indeed.

Really wanna find the old board and hit the slopes though. Probably gotta buy some new gear though it's been almost 10 years. I loved boarding too as a kid but sports kinda got in the way eventually. Such a shame.


tl:dr my bad

:ziggi:
Image
User avatar
UrsusMorris
Art Expert
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:52 pm
Location: Amarillo, TX

Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:27 am

comountaingolf wrote::lol: I wanna see some footage of N. TX drivers dealing with 10' snow drifts. Growing up in MN, I just don't see a lot of good things happening down round cattle country... :twisted:
Snow isn't anything new to N Texas. S Texas, yes, but not here. Now, it isn't anything compared to MN though, obviously.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
User avatar
Jamilton
Art Expert
Posts: 1340
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:09 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:30 am

UrsusMorris wrote:
comountaingolf wrote::lol: I wanna see some footage of N. TX drivers dealing with 10' snow drifts. Growing up in MN, I just don't see a lot of good things happening down round cattle country... :twisted:
Snow isn't anything new to N Texas. S Texas, yes, but not here. Now, it isn't anything compared to MN though, obviously.
If it snows more than half an inch in Austin everything will shut down. Seriously.

But I don't remember the last time Austin had legit snow, so it's not very likely.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25628
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:18 pm

rubberneck wrote:
binky79 wrote:Uh, wheres the cold? Christmas Eve and I have the Air Conditioning on. :hanging:
Expected a white Christmas in Canada, barely need a jacket at present...
Got that White Christmas today... :pint:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
Cragars
Art Expert
Posts: 7436
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:04 am

Think it got to 74 a few days ago, then muggy as heck, then cold n' windy, t-storms/tornados, now it's snowing.
User avatar
ColonelCash
Art Expert
Posts: 3748
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:00 am
Contact:

Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:50 pm

Starting to cool in Nashville, finally. I was a little pissed because the AC went out in my truck this fall, so I just rolled the windows down. Wasn't except to need AC in late December. My grass is starting to grow again, flowers already blooming. Ugh.
User avatar
listerfeend
Art Expert
Posts: 2757
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:37 pm
Location: SD (not San Diego)

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:34 pm

Image

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten it's winter now.
Image
User avatar
Lamarider
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:32 am
Location: Sweden

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:34 am

Norilsk, Siberia, january 2nd.
Image
stuckeyc
Art Expert
Posts: 5272
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am

Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:17 am

I feel like I am on a tropical getaway compared to last winter. Have only had a handful of cold days and only 1 subzero night. Gonna be pushing 50 on Saturday which is crazy. Last year we spent a month straight where highs were double digits below zero.
Image
User avatar
Cbjornson
Art Expert
Posts: 1666
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:05 pm
Location: NoDak

Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:36 am

High of -6 on Saturday. And we just got 5 inches of snow this morning.

Image

AWESOME
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
User avatar
UrsusMorris
Art Expert
Posts: 8829
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:52 pm
Location: Amarillo, TX

Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:54 am

drymount that. It windy there though?
Last edited by UrsusMorris on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Post Reply