EB Death Pool

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26519
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:24 pm

NIMOYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love me some Trek, but will always remember him best as the voice of the OmniMax theater at the Boston Museum of Science.
User avatar
planetexpress
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:44 pm
Location: Boaty McBoatface

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:45 pm

fredo wrote:NIMOYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love me some Trek, but will always remember him best as the voice of the OmniMax theater at the Boston Museum of Science.
Totally forgot he did that... Roger Clemens throwing the fastball to the audience freaked me out as a kid.

Here's a version that isn't cropped. It was pretty impressive on the rounded screen...
Assholes get elected, cause assholes get to vote.
jamel-d
Art Expert
Posts: 9835
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:00 am

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:24 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:RIP Mr Nimoy. The bridge of the Enterprise is getting more and more empty.
jamel-d wrote:Former AIG CEO and President Robert "Bob" Benmosche died Friday at NYU Langone Medical Center. He was 70 and had undergone treatment for lung cancer since 2010.
Am I a bad person for not really caring? After all the fudge his company pulled...
Wrong guy. He went in afterwards to restore order. Maurice R. Hank" Greenberg was at the helm when all the fudge was going on.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/28/busin ... ottom-well
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5692
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:42 pm

jamel-d wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:RIP Mr Nimoy. The bridge of the Enterprise is getting more and more empty.
jamel-d wrote:Former AIG CEO and President Robert "Bob" Benmosche died Friday at NYU Langone Medical Center. He was 70 and had undergone treatment for lung cancer since 2010.
Am I a bad person for not really caring? After all the fudge his company pulled...
Wrong guy. He went in afterwards to restore order. Maurice R. Hank" Greenberg was at the helm when all the fudge was going on.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/28/busin ... ottom-well
Ah. Thanks. My apologies and condolences to the family.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
jamel-d
Art Expert
Posts: 9835
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:00 am

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:25 pm

Anthony Mason, Who Personified Mid-’90s Knicks, Dies
Mr. Mason, whose muscular play helped the Knicks reach the N.B.A. finals in 1994, was an unlikely success story, with a style that made him a fan favorite. He was 48.
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19
User avatar
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:32 pm

jamel-d wrote:Anthony Mason, Who Personified Mid-’90s Knicks, Dies
Mr. Mason, whose muscular play helped the Knicks reach the N.B.A. finals in 1994, was an unlikely success story, with a style that made him a fan favorite. He was 48.
That guy was all heart
The Original Pure Hemp Rolling Papers NOT Made In CHINA Unlike A Lot Of Our Competitors

PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
jamel-d
Art Expert
Posts: 9835
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:00 am

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:08 am

Minnie Minoso, first black player for Chisox, dead at age 90.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... story.html
Last edited by jamel-d on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19
User avatar
geezer
Art Expert
Posts: 1751
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:56 am
Location: Morro Bay, CA

Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:23 am

That sucks. Minnie was great!
Image
jamel-d
Art Expert
Posts: 9835
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:00 am

Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Cincinnati native, 'Seinfeld,' 'Malcolm' actor passes away
A Cincinnati native whose acting career spanned more than 30 years has passed away.

Daniel von Bargen, 64, died over the weekend after a long illness, sources confirmed Tuesday.

The actor, active from 1976 to 2009, was best known for TV roles on "Seinfeld" and "Malcolm in the Middle," and movie roles in "Broken Arrow," "Super Troopers" and "O Brother, Where Art Thou."
THE HORKEY CLUB 2013,14,15,16,17,18,19
User avatar
mademehmmm
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:26 am

Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:50 pm

jamel-d wrote:
Daniel von Bargen, 64, died over the weekend after a long illness

"
Never knew how sad the last several years of his life have been, amputated leg from diabetes, scheduled to have toes on other foot removed. Attempted suicide before surgery(2012), shot his left temple and probably lost his eye or at least vision. Just listened to his 911 call. Sad.
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 15992
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:24 pm

Sam Simon, Co-Creator of The Simpsons (fmr writer on Taxi, Cheers & It's Gary Shandling's Show) dead at 59
RIP
User avatar
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert
Posts: 5692
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 am
Location: Houston, TX

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:40 pm

jlabbate wrote:Sam Simon, Co-Creator of The Simpsons (fmr writer on Taxi, Cheers & It's Gary Shandling's Show) dead at 59
RIP

Damn, now who is Ralph Cirella gonna mooch off of? Guess Howard is going to get the full brunt.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 15992
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Comic Book Artist Norman lee presumed dead, missing in the Caymans
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.2142155
User avatar
revmod
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 303
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Edmonton

Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:25 am

Drink like nobody's watching.
User avatar
cerebus
Art Expert
Posts: 2945
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:00 am

Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:36 pm

Really sad to hear about Pratchett. I read a TON of his books when I was younger. His advocacy for dementia sufferers was very admirable, and he handled his illness with a lot of grace.

If you haven't read from the article, check out the way his death was tweeted. Very Pratchett.

RIP.
Image
Post Reply