EB Death Pool

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Tue May 28, 2019 3:03 pm

gordo55 wrote:
fredo wrote:It was McNamara's fault for leaving BBs obviously crippled ass out there for the last inning.
That also was a significant contributor to the collapse, but both managers were pretty lousy that series, so they offset each other. I remember it like yesterday...was in a funk for a good two weeks... :D
^this. My mom is from NY, but lived in New England since college, married my dad here, had me and my brother here . . . she's a diehard Yankees fan, but she was BRUTAL to me and my brother when the Mets won. She actually made my brother cry and he was like 11 in '86. :lol:

I was and am a huge Sox fan, but that year I went to three Mets games because my uncle worked at Schafer Beer and always got us great seats at Shea Stadium and at Foxboro for the Pats (also Schafer sponsored at the time.) Such a weird season being able to see that awesome Mets team up close and being a Sox fan too.

Buckner definitely got the raw end of some "fans" bullshit for years. Sucks because he was a great ball player. Deserved better when he was alive.
fredo
Art God

Tue May 28, 2019 3:25 pm

Except the Red Sox were HUGE underdogs, the mets had one of the greatest starting rotations in history, and the series is over if Stapleton is in at first.

Everybody (#metoo) was so pissed off the next day that it was almost funny.
just a foil for me today, thanks
gordo55
Art Expert

Tue May 28, 2019 4:39 pm

fredo wrote:Except the Red Sox were HUGE underdogs, the mets had one of the greatest starting rotations in history, and the series is over if Stapleton is in at first.

I feel ya brotha...not sure the series is over as the score was already tied at that point. Stanley/Gedman took care of that. Not sure Stapleton would have made a difference earlier in the inning when the Mets were tying up the score. On the positive side, it made 2004 all that much sweeter...coming back from 3-0 on the Yankees and sweeping St. Louis as payback for '67. :D
THC
fredo
Art God

Tue May 28, 2019 4:59 pm

Ohhhh snap. I forgot that it was tied! Even more of a reason to pull BB...though McNamara was probably halfway through a bottle of Cutty Sark by then.

''03 was the team that shoulda done it. The last(ish) before their payroll went completely apeshit.

My mother has a ticket stub from the '67 series. Said they were hopeful but under no illusions then. #gibson
gordo55
Art Expert

Tue May 28, 2019 5:40 pm

fredo wrote:My mother has a ticket stub from the '67 series. Said they were hopeful but under no illusions then. #gibson
...though McNamara was probably halfway through a bottle of Cutty Sark by then. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob Gibson was the baddest a-- pitcher I ever saw throw the ball! Truth.
THC
fredo
Art God

Tue May 28, 2019 6:23 pm

gordo55 wrote:Bob Gibson was the baddest a-- pitcher I ever saw throw the ball! Truth.
About everybody who did see him says that. There are only a couple of people I am truly curious to have seen in their prime before my day as a fan and he's #1.

Post-integration it's Gibson, Koufax, Martinez, and Johnson on Mt Pitchmore.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Wed May 29, 2019 3:31 am

this is the most love I've seen someone get in this thread aside from like Stan Lee or Steven Hawking. Ironic too seeing as tho I only know him as a legendary bum.

Praise be.
geezer
Art Expert

Thu May 30, 2019 12:25 pm

aahnutz
EB Team

Fri May 31, 2019 2:35 pm

geezer wrote:Singer Leon Redbone Dies at 69
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/si ... li=BBnbfcL
One of a kind. :(
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
hunterjax
Art Expert

Fri May 31, 2019 4:13 pm

aahnutz wrote:
this, :(
hunterjax
Art Expert

Fri May 31, 2019 4:14 pm

gordo55 wrote:
fredo wrote:Except the Red Sox were HUGE underdogs, the mets had one of the greatest starting rotations in history, and the series is over if Stapleton is in at first.

I feel ya brotha...not sure the series is over as the score was already tied at that point. Stanley/Gedman took care of that. Not sure Stapleton would have made a difference earlier in the inning when the Mets were tying up the score. On the positive side, it made 2004 all that much sweeter...coming back from 3-0 on the Yankees and sweeping St. Louis as payback for '67. :D
It was sweet. By my calculations my daughter was conceived right after the Game 4 win :D :D :pint:
geezer
Art Expert

Fri May 31, 2019 10:01 pm

Roky Erickson, Legendary Psychedelic Musician, Dies at 71 :cry:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/ro ... ar-AACd7gm
jamel-d
Art Freak

Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:50 pm

Frank Lucas, American Gangster movie, dies at 88
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollin ... 42740/amp/
itsdug
Art Expert

Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:55 pm

aahnutz wrote:
My first gig as a Tour Manager. One of kind in so many ways. Hope you're doing well Lorraine.
no comment ®
geezer
Art Expert

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:41 pm

Dr. John, New Orleans Music Icon, Dies at 77
https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/dr ... li=BBnb7Kz