Chronicles Of A Douche Magnet

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:33 pm

I figure I’ll just start a thread / blog to share my adventures with my close friends here at EB.
Y’all feel free to join in.. I’m guessing I’m not the only guy who is forced to slay idiots and thieves.

This one is kind on funny… but it’s still irritating:
This eBay D bag used my photo, copied and pasted my entire listing.
I don’t mind people using my photos. But my listings are pretty personalized. It’s really not cool.

“ This is the official poster sold at the Eddie Vedder concert at The Santa Barbara Bowl in 2011. This isn’t like most Pearl Jam / Vedder posters.

The Bowl only holds 4600 people. There weren’t very many of these printed.

One per person… the small stack disappeared quickly. Well before showtime.

The SB Bowl front office takes 30 off the top every show which doesn’t help. Ever.

I got there early and purchased this print myself before the show… it’s been handled by a pro.

This poster is in MINT CONDITION.

New.. sharp corners, smooth edges. “

I wrote him a message stating I’d like to hear more about how the bowl takes 30 posters off the top.
🤣🤣
The lazy kook just copies and pasted the listing as an answer.
I now understand why some people put a watermark or whatever through their pictures.

I wrote him back and said.
Yeah, I’m aware… I wrote that.

Off to bump the Upseeker’s a wanking knob and will steal from you thread… y’all hang in there… xo
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:14 pm

This doesn’t fall under the db saga, but why do people list posters as cash only without a price? I understand not putting a price on posters that would be in a trade… but wtf.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:28 pm

Received this poster recently from a fellow Expresso Beans member.
I had stressed the importance of a proper pack job multiple times during our conversation. Explained about the bad luck I’ve been having getting damaged posters from people packing them improperly.
I was assured he had packing materials and everything would be awesome.
It was wrapped in 2 ripped up paper grocery bags.
It got really banged up… obviously didn’t have a chance in a 4” tube. Wadded up paper was stuffed in the ends, it slammed up against the end caps and the paper was pushed into the poster. The usual.
It looks like I have to write him again, he has ignored my first message.
Will keep you guys in the loop so you don’t have this happen to you.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:30 pm

I received this poster from an eBay seller a few days prior. Awesome. Just awesome.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:35 pm

The grocery bags, oh my
DMBfan
Art Expert

Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:45 pm

Wish the feedback system still worked here...at least I don't think it works. Great feature
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:46 pm

The PJ poster looks fine other than the awful kraft paper. Looks like ya dodged a bullet. What's the grocery bag poster?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:49 pm

I've taken bits of text from other listing but never the entire thing and never the pics too. I guess that makes me a quasi DB which I already knew..

Not sure what to say about wrapping in garbage bags. One would think that people on a poster site would at least know how to pack a print. My chief eBay complaint is flippers who take fudge out of the tube to list but don't repack right. They try to re-tape the roll with scotch tape...the roll opens and the print slides and boom, edge damage.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:28 pm

Got a print once that was wrapped in tissue paper rather than craft and left to expand in the walls of a 3" tube (18 x 36 print). Needless to say there was some damage to it and it was a huge pain in the ass to remove from the tube as trying to pull it out by the tissue just caused the tissue to tear. Reached out about the poor packing and they just acted shocked I wasn't pleased. Claimed to ship like that to EB'ers all the time with no complaints. This person wasn't a noob, just lazy.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:30 pm

Where's the name 'n shames yo?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
guryter
Art Expert

Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:31 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:46 pm
What's the grocery bag poster?
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:58 pm

Yes… Eugene Phish by Kelly.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:59 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:28 pm
Got a print once that was wrapped in tissue paper rather than craft and left to expand in the walls of a 3" tube (18 x 36 print). Needless to say there was some damage to it and it was a huge pain in the ass to remove from the tube as trying to pull it out by the tissue just caused the tissue to tear. Reached out about the poor packing and they just acted shocked I wasn't pleased. Claimed to ship like that to EB'ers all the time with no complaints. This person wasn't a noob, just lazy.
Yup.
My 3 call out threads have been long time members.
I recently got a poster packed in tissue rather than craft recently as well.
From someone that knows better.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:05 pm

The Klausen actually didn’t get dinged up.
But the paper was all bent in and scuffed the poster up in a few places.

So, being the glutton for punishment I am, I bought his other copy at a discount.
I pick it up tomorrow…
If it’s in near mint condition, I’ll be happy enough.
Figure this poster will recover and gain value in about a month with the grungies hit the road. Finally.

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:03 pm

turnJBup wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:05 pm
So, being the glutton for punishment I am, I bought his other copy at a discount.
Luls.