Facebook knobs

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:03 pm

RiotAct wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:39 pm
ygolohcysp wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:40 pm
Codeblue wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:09 pm
Luls. Thanks for confirming that i still should not join any of these fb groups.
I think you meant "still should not bother to have a fb account". drymount all that noise. Discord is where all the real action is anyways.
I deleted my Twitter account earlier this year and have been toying with doing the same thing for fb, too
One of my ex girlfriends wanted me to play words with friends with her and I needed a Facebook to do that so I did it. In 2006. I never used it after that but then a buddy wanted to get a group chat going in about 2012 and the easiest place to do that was on FB so I revived the account. Then I read about how the Facebook app scans your contacts and creates associative networks including creating shadow profiles for people in your contact list that they can't connect to an existing account and I said FUUUUUUUCK THAT and deleted it all. Told everyone in the chat if they want to talk to me we're going to Slack. Switched over to discord a few years ago for the additional functionality. There's not one day that has passed where I said "I wish I had a Facebook account".
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:27 am

What's facebook?
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:07 am

I have an alt Facebook account with the name of high school classmate who will never be on FB. I may go on once every couple years.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
lebantz
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:01 pm

facebook was this cool place until myspace came out. Friendster is the most popular social network now.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:34 am

stuckeyc wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:27 am
What's facebook?
Some shitty place on the net, I hear.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:19 pm

Would like to know the name of the twat that runs Phish Ink…
Would hate to unknowingly hook him up someday after that shitshow.
He deleted my 2nd post too quickly … where he was instructing me that I had to put NOT FOR SALE if I was going to share any Phish posters in his group.
Because he didn’t want anyone messaging me about it.
Fruitcake..
HisBobness
Art Expert

Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:18 am

I permanently deleted my Facebook account (pictures and everything, wiped) 4 years ago. I couldn't take how negative the place had become. Every asshole has an opinion and if you're not just like me, you're against me. The misinformation memes my older family members would buy into and re-post were the worst. I feel like the place took a massive turn for the worst when Trump was running for President. He completely divided our nation I don't think we'll ever rebound from it.

Once I deleted Facebook, I was instantly a happier, better person and my day to day life got so much better. #deletefacebook
kansasbbq
Art God

Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:14 pm

HisBobness wrote:
I permanently deleted my Facebook account (pictures and everything, wiped) 4 years ago.
:pint:

Never had a FB account myself. Don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:44 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Creation88
Art Expert

Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:28 am

There is a small group of elitist douchebags in the FB poster groups that seem to spend their entire life scrolling and posting bc they comment with their same tired nonchalant dickish replies/memes to every thread.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:28 pm

HisBobness wrote:
I permanently deleted my Facebook account (pictures and everything, wiped) 4 years ago. I couldn't take how negative the place had become. Every asshole has an opinion and if you're not just like me, you're against me. The misinformation memes my older family members would buy into and re-post were the worst. I feel like the place took a massive turn for the worst when Trump was running for President. He completely divided our nation I don't think we'll ever rebound from it.

Once I deleted Facebook, I was instantly a happier, better person and my day to day life got so much better. #deletefacebook
I get it. I have basically stopped using my main account… I get banned for a month every few days for verbally giving trump trash 1% of the grief they have coming. Yes, life better without FB.
Big time.
I have a poster account without the news and such that’s much better, but it still sucks.
Especially when you run into control freak kooks who ruin poster groups.
It’s unfortunate that you get let behind if you aren’t on there.
Like it or not that’s where all the poster stuff goes down now.
I miss the days when this was the place. That down time / server nightmare took this site off the map.
Love to get it back somehow.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:52 pm

The only FB account I have is an alt with the name taken from a dude I went to HS with. He ain't using it.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Classic.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:39 pm

I wanted to contact someone through classmates and used the same alt name as on FB. By way of back story the guy whose name I used died in prison. He murdered 3 people. The first was someone they thought had ripped them off in a drug deal. They brought him to the woods and told him he could inject himself with air and die or they would stab him. The guy opted for air, it didn't work so they stabbed him. Number 2 they targeted because they thought he knew about number one. Number three was buried with his hand sticking out of the ground so he/they could find the body later if they wanted to. He was a patent attorney and I can only speculate that he was giving them drugs for sex.

Comically, I've gotten a few "hey, what have you been up to" classmate messages. That HS got even worse in the years since I graduated and was finally closed last year.
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:22 pm

^ Well, that’s morbid as hell!