Our old friend Hot Karl is back!

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:00 am

This should get the old heads out. I just realized he's the shrimp tails in the Cinnamon Toast Crunch guy, AND he apparently married Topanga in 2018! So much to unpack . . . :jawdropper:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:49 am

Old news. It’s been discussed in the anti peeves thread.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
cotis
Art Expert

Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:26 am

and he's got a laundry list of ex-gf's claiming he's a piece of fudge...
tourist504
Art Expert

Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:33 pm

I didn't realize it was him until I got to the G1988 bit...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/comedian- ... real-tweet
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:05 pm

I don’t know him, have no opinion of him, but the guy sounds like a real gem.

That being said, I appreciate when people just call people out for being an asshole at the time of them being an asshole directly to the asshole. Piling on, a decade later, on Twitter is kind of assholey too.
That's what she said
binky79
Art Expert

Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:23 pm

finneganm wrote:

That being said, I appreciate when people just call people out for being an asshole at the time of them being an asshole directly to the asshole. Piling on, a decade later, on Twitter is kind of assholey too.
I once had to argue with him to get 1/2 my shipping refunded when they didnt combine 2 orders as I requested.

The world needs to know this about their viral shrimp-in-cereal hero.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:55 pm

finneganm wrote:

finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:28 pm

Guy found shrimp in his cereal. I don’t need to know any backstory whatsoever on the guy. I feel like the story is pretty summed up in the first sentence.

Just seems weird to have an inconsequential, anecdotal, page 9 story, and then have an outpouring of people come out and say, “ yeah, he may have found some shrimp in his breakfast, but whoa, what a shitty boyfriend/guy/oh just drymount that guy!”

I mean the outpouring surely is a testament to his character, but who drymounting cares about the backstory of the shrimp in the cereal guy?

^applies to 99.9999999975% of the planet.

Now for us, few, us true heroes of the collectible print world. We can fudge alllll over him. Or not. Again, I have no opinion of him, but I at least have reason to maybe know him. I’ve bought stuff from him evidently. So for some of us... hilarious. But for anyone else, yikes. Must be a slow news week.
That's what she said
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:50 pm

^

Jokes aside, I personally didn’t care to “explore” more about the guy and his shrimp beyond some part of what was said on this forum. Probably would never even hear about it if it wasn’t posted here. Frankly, who gives a fudge about him or the shrimp in the cereal. In my case, gallery88 can also be added to the who-gives-a-fudge-about list, for that matter.

Meh, people gonna people.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:52 pm

Funny on expressobeans. Or at least funny-ish. At absolute worst, relevant.

Super sad everywhere else.

Edit: I would also say relevant/funny on an any cereal or shrimp related message boards.
That's what she said
bubbie
Art Expert

Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:04 am

Funny-ish, maybe. Not sure if relevant. I lost interest after a couple of posts. Yet, here I am posting in this thread. I guess, maybe

s_k_y
Art Expert

Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:05 am

Wasn’t expecting “viral Cinnamon Toast Crunch shrimp tail guy” to also be the owner of gallery 1988 and allegedly terrible human being.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/comedian- ... real-tweet

In a Twitter statement on Friday afternoon, former Gallery1988 manager Lily Idle said that when she managed the venue, she witnessed Karp “completely screw an artist out of any profit from a solo show that was the culmination of a year’s worth of painting.” Idle withheld the name of the artist, citing their privacy, but claimed Karp convinced them to create a show around a certain intellectual property which Karp wanted to work with down the line. However, right before the show, Karp was allegedly concerned that the show would “jeopardize” his “potential chance of getting an officially licensed show with the property.'' Idle claims he basically blocked the sales of the artwork by not displaying the prices on the show cards. People could not purchase the pieces off Gallery1998’s website either, according to Idle.
xangelx
Art Expert

Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:10 pm

Hmm I wonder what artist it was. Let's speculate!
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:23 pm

I was more surprised to find out duke is an Emmy nominated writer? Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:27 pm

People have searched the databases for Emmy nominations and his name is nowhere to be seen