Coins and Metals Discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
kcn0
Art Expert

Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:23 am

jjttdw wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:47 pm
kcn0 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:12 pm
jjttdw wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:00 am
Nice. Can it tell you the purity?
It has pre-sets for certain coins, metals, and purity, so you toggle through to the correct one and check to see if the coin/bar is within the appropriate range. Once I started purchasing some highly counterfeited coins, such as $2.5 Indians, I thought it was worth the investment.
I have a $2.5 Indian. I'm assuming the fakes aren't real gold, right?
Unfortunately, I think some fakes are also gold... especially higher grade / rare date stuff. I'm not really a numismatic collector, but I do appreciate the "art" of some coins... hence I'll pick up common date / non-slabbed stuff for closer to melt. If I happen to have one that is gold and also passes my visual/weight tests, but it happens to be fake, I won't lose any sleep over it.

EDIT: I also love some in-and-out, but don't live anywhere near one.
Main ISOs: Stout "Pulp Fiction" & anything Phlegm
jjttdw
Art Expert

Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:31 am

Along with the St Gaudens double eagle, the quarter and half eagle Indian gold are my favorite images. Way better than the stuffy old broad image gold pieces from earlier in the 1800s
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart