Are You a Prepper Too?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
tourist504
Art Expert

Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:50 am

Everybody got their two weeks of food and supplies?
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:40 pm

I will this weekend. Gonna clean out and stock the chest freezer and buy a fair amount of dry goods.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
golobulus
Art Expert

Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:42 pm

Planning to can some more chicken tonight and stock up on rice and beans. Mmmmm, canned chicken.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:11 pm

Don't forget the semi autos and MAGA hats!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
tourist504
Art Expert

Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:44 pm

A Smith and Wesson is my hand sanitizer. Git'R DUN
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
Imagex6
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:47 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:11 pm
Don't forget the semi autos and MAGA hats!
tourist504
Art Expert

Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:06 pm

Everyone at my place of work is saying they are going this weekend to pick up two weeks of supplies just in case. Not sure how many people have this same idea, but grocery stores only keep an average of three days' worth of stock on hand at any given time. If enough people have this same game plan set for this same weekend, you might start seeing problems.
Imagex6
HR3
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:34 pm

Any father that doesn’t have a couple weeks food and water on hand at their home at all times, is either ashamed he can’t afford it or an asshole for not being prepared.

I live in SoCal. I’m literally surrounded by the population size of Canada, but they are all drymounting idiots.

In The Land of Idiots, you never know when someone is gonna start a riot and burn our own city down or an earthquake that HOPEFULLY turns this state into an island one day, destroys the neighborhood (think Northridge down the road from me in 98).

Oh, and we looted, and pillaged and destroyed our own city more then too. Damn we’re bright.

A wise man once told me, “son, you just can’t fix stupid”, as I digress...
Until you can welcome, accept and enjoy folks who’s views, looks, thoughts, struggles & values are polar opposites to yours, then you have NOT lived.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:39 pm

I lived pretty close to the Northridge quake as well. fudge wasn't really that big of a deal food and water wise. Society didn't collapse. Plus Miller coors was trucking in bottles of water to the local grocery stores in beer bottles. fudge was pretty cool.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
HR3
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:40 pm

tourist504 wrote:
Everyone at my place of work is saying they are going this weekend to pick up two weeks of supplies just in case. Not sure how many people have this same idea, but grocery stores only keep an average of three days' worth of stock on hand at any given time. If enough people have this same game plan set for this same weekend, you might start seeing problems.
The food they mention is generally prepper food or military rations. It has a shelf life of 7-40 yrs depending on how it’s stored and prepared. The really good shizniz u will find at camping and climbing stores. As rich people that need to pretend to be homeless, spare no expense on their nasa ice cream and freeze dried meatball pasta.

The reason for this is during an unknown future emergency, u won’t know if u have a way to cook ur food, have refrigeration or if u’ll have potable water.

For the money challenged. Just buy a 50 pound bag of rice and keep some spices and plenty of water on hand.
Until you can welcome, accept and enjoy folks who’s views, looks, thoughts, struggles & values are polar opposites to yours, then you have NOT lived.
HR3
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:44 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:39 pm
I lived pretty close to the Northridge quake as well. fudge wasn't really that big of a deal food and water wise. Society didn't collapse. Plus Miller coors was trucking in bottles of water to the local grocery stores in beer bottles. fudge was pretty cool.
That’s awesome. But, if ur in the epicenter, and people can’t get to u for whatever reason. Or ur injured and phone lines, electricity and cell towers are down and u don’t have any food. What then?

On the flip, I hate hearing idiot “preppers” out here that go buy a gas generator in case of a power outage. We have one. But people are such shady bastards they think they need to put it indoors so people won’t steal it, which they will, have and do, and then they kill their whole family with the fumes. So there’s 2 sides of the coin. Either way, I support survival of the fittest and natural selection. Not to be a dick, to better the species... :lol:

But seriously people, stop putting fuuuuiking gas generators in ur home during power outages. It fuuuuuks me up for a week reading that nonsense about how u killed urself and ur 4 babies.
tourist504
Art Expert

Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:25 pm

HR3 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:40 pm
tourist504 wrote:
The food they mention is generally prepper food or military rations. It has a shelf life of 7-40 yrs depending on how it’s stored and prepared. The really good shizniz u will find at camping and climbing stores.
Yeah, not these people. They are talking about canned soup and beans. And probably crap like snack cakes and Doritos. I have a couple of 30-Day supply buckets w/ 30-year shelf lives, a month or so worth of canned food (we will eat this first), and some bulk rice and beans. I don't mention all this stuff to them, but I do encourage them to put together an emergency supply. The more prepared everyone is, the better off we will all be.
Imagex6
HR3
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:40 pm

I see it as insurance. We buy car insurance never knowing if or when we’ll need it and pay thousands of dollars over our lifetime for it. Why wouldn’t u spend a couple hundred on some emergency food in case fudge hits the fan.

Picture this: What if the Corona virus mutated tomorrow and the mortality rate went to 50%. What do u think ur chances of getting food and water would look like at the store by the time u get off work?

Hell, stores would close down, as who’s gonna come into work for $10/hr knowing SOME of the people in ur store are gonna be carriers. Anarchy fa sho!

Will it happen? I sure hope not. Could it? You bet your ass it “could”.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:21 pm

tourist504 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:25 pm
Yeah, not these people. They are talking about canned soup and beans. And probably crap like snack cakes and Doritos. I have a couple of 30-Day supply buckets w/ 30-year shelf lives, a month or so worth of canned food (we will eat this first), and some bulk rice and beans. I don't mention all this stuff to them, but I do encourage them to put together an emergency supply. The more prepared everyone is, the better off we will all be.
Are you talking one of those Jim Bakker Apocalypse food buckets????
golobulus
Art Expert

Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:34 pm

Went to Costco last night and was surprised to find that they were sold out of their large bags of white rice, all dried beans, and canned chicken. They still had other types of rice in smaller bags, but it has begun.