Are You a Prepper Too?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:46 am

That’s a good price
That's what she said
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:18 am

fredo you are funny and not so Fredo!
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:40 am

Location is also key. If at all possible, don't live inside a large city. No power, means no water or fuel. Roads jammed due to accidents. Unless you have a motorcycle it's going to be tough to get out. Even with one, people will be on foot and in your way. Always remember no one is coming to help. Eventually and quickly people will want to take whatever you have. Don't say anything to anyone. If you have to speak, keep your sentences short and to the point.

Prime locations are less populated areas near sources of clean water. If it's a nuclear SHTF scenario, travel towards the Equator. Anything else, go for moderate climate area, easier to survive. Those with ocean worthy boats, go to the ocean. Less interaction with people. If you are near a large lake (i.e. Lake Superior, Huron, Erie) you can also hang out there for the same reasons.

Learn survival techniques. Have a plan. Remember Rule 1: When SHTF, all plans go to Hell. Have a back up plan. Don't forget rule 1. If you take action do so with commitment. Don't do anything half-assed.

From a USA standpoint, the country has gone nuts. It's not just the right versus the left, it's splintered into even more groups. You've got faction like antifa (I don't capitalize those pussy thugs), as well as well established large groups (white supremacy, or others based on race, or religion). Don't forget the gangs who will take advantage of the situation with communications being down (by terrorism and/or EMP).

You'll need something or a way to purify water.

Expect the unexpected. Like what? Some anarchists letting loose the dangerous animals in the zoo.

I could say more but then you'll say I've gone "full prepper". Not that I'll give a lusty fart about what anyone says.
Last edited by ONEYE on Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:42 am

It's like the Constitution says, gimme internet or gimme death.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:46 am

Hopefully, you'll have 3 friends, all the same sex as you (men will always fight over a woman). Make sure one of them is funny, like fredo or Codeblue. You always need to laugh when SHTF. Why? You need someone up, while the two others sleep, taking turns on watch. Thump the fudge out of your buddy if he falls asleep on watch. That crap could cause all your deaths, and the lesson needs to be taught hard.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:07 pm

It can be a t-shirt for the group as well as a tasty beverage and fun jingle. just add an R

Have it in camo.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:16 pm

Ha! In camouflage! Choose your cammo to fit your current environment. Woodland won't do for the city. If you want to blend into a crowd, be bland, be grey. No visible watch, ring(s), or jewelry. No logos or unusual colors in your clothing. Plain, boring. Back pack should also be plain, civilian looking. You don't want anything to readily identify you as having skills, or being prepared. Don't make yourself a target. Be quiet and observe but don't make it obvious that you are checking everyone out. Don't look weak but don't look strong either. Middle of the road. I already mentioned talking, very little, only what's necessary. Nothing about your past or your intentions/future.
tourist504
Art Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:22 pm

I knew it!

We got some preppers in this bitch.

We are in a suburb of New Orleans with easy access to multiple routes away from the city. My problem is that I work uptown right in the middle of everything. My primary goal if SHTF while I am at work will be to get my ass home (or to my son's school if he hasn't already been secured, then immediately home). Once there, we are good to hunker for a long time. I also have two like-minded buddies (both with way more weaponry than me) with whom I've already put together some very basic survival plans, all of which involve my house as a base.

The last place I'll want to go is a grocery or gun store. I plan on having everything already there for immediate use.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
spunkmonkey
Art Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:27 pm

Also don't forget to booby trap your house Home Alone style.
finneganm
Art Freak

Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:46 pm

I anticipate being able to barter old stouts for food and protection.
That's what she said
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:06 pm

i'm a prepper he's a prepper she's a prepper we're a prepper wouldn't you like to be a prepper too?

be a prepper drink dr pepper!
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:22 pm

iodine pills should prob be added to the survivalists list of items. If nothing else...advanced knowledge might prove to be helpful one day.

https://www.self.com/story/potassium-io ... ear-attack
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:04 pm

I prefer a filtering method for water.

Edit - If there were nukes fired, we're doomed. You don't want to live longer just to die a horrible death. Nukes fly, there won't be just one. There will also be malfunctions. They may not land were intended, any number of things can go wrong. There are nukes going off, you start getting sick and show signs of radiation poisoning, do what I do, take yourself out. You can't smell, or taste it. Gets in the air, water supply, won't matter. However, your choice.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:32 pm

KI really just protects you for about the first 8 days or so of an event due to the half life of the radioactive Iodine. Even then all it does is protect against long term thyroid cancer risk.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:56 pm

Right. That's why it's beneficial for children - mentioned in the article.