Are You a Prepper Too?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
NoOneAtAll

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:09 pm

On a limited scale, yes. 1st rule of Prep Club, you don't talk much (provide details) about it.
DMBfan
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:53 am

What about items to barter/trade with?

I've heard honey never spoils. And I suppose liquor? Of course among other things. Just curious if anyone stores items with this in mind?
tourist504
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:13 am

I have a pretty large stockpile of vodka in large glass bottles as it has a lot of uses apart from the obvious, and it keeps for a very long time. Cigarettes also tend to be highly recommended for potential bartering. I don't keep any of the latter on hand, but I've thought about it. They're just so damn expensive now. Vodka is cheap. Medicines are a good idea, too, but being that we've embraced the shelter-in-place strategy, I can't imagine doing too much bartering. I'm more interested in having what we will directly need on hand plus a little extra.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
tourist504
Art Expert

Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:21 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:42 pm
It seems like everything I read from preppers is "I HAVE LOTS OF drymounting BULLETS. COME AT ME BRO. I AM PREPARED AF FOR ANYTHING........as long as it involves shooting fudge"
Yep. This is true. I have a lot of bullets, too, but I am looking to avoid using them.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
Imagex6
tourist504
Art Expert

Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:14 pm

The Survivalist Prepper is a neat podcast, and best of all the people running it are not completely insane which cannot be said for most prepper podcasts.
Imagex6
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:55 pm

tourist504 wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
It seems like everything I read from preppers is "I HAVE LOTS OF drymounting BULLETS. COME AT ME BRO. I AM PREPARED AF FOR ANYTHING........as long as it involves shooting fudge"
Yep. This is true. I have a lot of bullets, too, but I am looking to avoid using them.
If I don't have a lot of bullets would the plan be to shoot someone who does and take theirs?
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
fredo
Art God

Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:00 pm

Started watching This Old Thunderdome on PBS. Lotta good stain removal tips.
just a foil for me today, thanks
hunterjax
Art Expert

Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:03 am

fredo wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:00 pm
Started watching This Old Thunderdome on PBS. Lotta good stain removal tips.
full, actual-lol. I'm dying!
tourist504
Art Expert

Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:18 am

jjttdw wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:55 pm
tourist504 wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
If I don't have a lot of bullets would the plan be to shoot someone who does and take theirs?
I have them for protection from people who didn't prepare. There are only nine meals between mankind and anarchy. Bullets are a tool I hope to never need, but food, water, and some basic supplies are my focus. They should be everybody's. If every household had a week (or more) of food and water set aside for emergencies, I wouldn't feel like I need them as much.
Imagex6
tourist504
Art Expert

Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:26 pm

I downloaded the first two seasons of "Doomsday Preppers" and holy crap turns out I am NOT a prepper. Geez...
Imagex6
golobulus
Art Expert

Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:05 pm

A few of those shows really showcased the ignorance of certain folks. One of my favorites was a guy trying to prove that his metal trashcan was a good EMP shield by putting his radio into it, closing the lid, and then hitting the side of his trashcan with a stun gun. When he pulled the radio out and it worked that passed the EMP test for him. Not exactly the same thing.

Another guy knew that body armor is being made from ceramics and took ceramic tile (because that's obviously the same thing) and attempted to make his own body armor with it. Very dangerous. Some people on the show had some good ideas but there were a lot of off-beat opinions that were showcased.