Gotta buy a new mattress

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
treweman
Art Expert

Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:08 pm

Avocado Green
Brentwood Home

Others may be cheaper, but these are two of the best mattresses one can buy.
SpaceYourAntelope
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:31 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:38 pm
SpaceYourAntelope wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:11 am
After lots of research and debate considering all the options for mail order foam mattresses, we just got a Tuft and Needle. For the price we paid, we are very satisfied. It is very comfortable, but it is a little bit softer than I would prefer. The only reason I would not buy again is because I prefer a mattress on the firmer side. Although soft, it is still very supportive, and I sleep well on it with no back pain or anything. They offer a 30 day return policy if you don't like it, and we chose to keep it. Definitely hard to beat in that price range, but if you have a grand to spend there are probably better options...
Which T&N did you get?
The Original (aka the cheap one)
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:35 pm

https://smile.amazon.com/Zinus-Memory-G ... th=1&psc=1

I have one of the Zinus mattress 12 inch ones. My corners spread out once I gave them a bit of a pull, but besides that we have had zero issues. For the price vs a full solid block, it was worth a shot for us. It's been great for 3 years now, I turn it every few months. Its on the firmer side. I say it started at a 9, sits around a 7 now.
davemfan
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:32 pm

I researched the fudge out of mattresses a few years go. Head over to themattressundeground to find out anything you want to know. A mattress is good if it is made of good materials. Over at TMU they break down each layer of a mattress. At times it's too much and may not be worth your time. That's up to you.

Stay away from big brands like Serta, Sealy, S&F, and so on. They use low quality materials and charge a premium depending what you get.

I will say that if you have a Sam's Club near you to check them out if you are thinking about trying the Tempurpedics. Sams has a 2 year warranty return policy. By far the best in the business. These other box stores have 30 or 45 day policies but often only give you an exchange and not a refund.

Good luck because a mattress is a very personal thing. One guy can tell you x brand is the best thing ever and the next guy will say it sucks. Comfort is very subjective.

I will say that I bought an all latex mattress and hated it. I could not get used to it at all. It was very supportive though. I would say if I had slept on latex in my teens and twenties I would probably not want anything else.
ImageImageImage
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:43 pm

What did ya end up going with?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Piep
Art Enthusiast

Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:07 pm

+1 for Casper mattresses. I replaced a Stearns and Foster pillowtop with a Casper about a year and a half ago. Best decision I've made in a long time.

I'm a side sleeper and with the S&F I would frequently wake up with sore hips and shoulders. You could also feel the trapped heat radiating from the bed. I've never woken up sore with the Casper and while it still retains some heat, it is cooler than the S&F.

I was pretty skeptical of the "bed in a box" brands, but they made a believer out of me for sure.
ceevee
Art Expert

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:29 am

I'm just going to leave this here...
canuck
Art Freak

Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:23 pm

More cushion for tha pushin'
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:23 pm

Consumer Reports published new/updated info this month.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq