What do you want from the new Expresso Beans?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:28 pm

1nkling wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:27 am
iwokeinrelief wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:26 pm
Maybe I’m just overlooking it, but I liked the old PM button on posts that automatically dropped the post into a PM you could then edit and send.
Little speech bubble symbol next to 'Contact:' on the user info. Click that and you get two symbols pop up. One for messages and one for email.
Ah, looks like it's only visible on the desktop view, not the mobile view, which is why I wasn't seeing it. Thanks.
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:11 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:28 pm
Ah, looks like it's only visible on the desktop view, not the mobile view, which is why I wasn't seeing it. Thanks.
Hmm... You're right. Might be good if we could add that back in.
gordo55
Art Expert

Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:34 pm

1nkling wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:27 am

Yeah maybe but you'd still end up with a csv or xls of a lot of raw data that could then be fed into a new database if, for example, someone were trying to start their own site.

For uploading there could indeed be a system to check inputs. The data would need to be submitted in a set format that tied in with listings on the existing database. Surely the amount of effort involved in that would make it easier to just submit them via the site? Especially if we make that process easier.

I can't really see why anyone needs to download/upload the raw data for their collection other than to keep track of value, etc. Something we're looking to implement anyway. Other than that its really only useful to transfer a collection to a new account. Which we don't really condone.

Personally I'm thinking we make the collection tools far more useful and allow exporting as pdf with variable parameters. That should keep things good for those wanting a snapshot of their collection and value.
thanks for the response, 1nkling...I understand the concerns. carry on.
Imagex7