What do you want from the new Expresso Beans?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
Cragars
Art Expert
Posts: 7394
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:29 am

I have to sit too far away from the computer now that it's all zoomed out. How do I zoom in?
User avatar
1nkling
Site Admin
Posts: 4302
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: UK

Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:29 pm

Cragars wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:29 am
I have to sit too far away from the computer now that it's all zoomed out. How do I zoom in?
On Chrome its Ctrl and the - key. I like 90% but some said 80% works for them.
User avatar
gordo55
Art Expert
Posts: 1285
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Copperhead Hill

Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:30 pm

Libertine wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:24 am
that your collection page shows you the minimum/average/maximum value of your collection like in discogs, would make things easier if you want to insure your collection!

thanks for all the effort!
pretty cool idea!
Imagex7
jamieereynoldss
Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:32 am

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:35 am

You do everything at a high level! Thanks for taking care of your visitors!
User avatar
Vytis33
Art Expert
Posts: 2066
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:06 am

RottenAtom wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:17 pm
If possible it would be great to have the 'View New Post' and 'View Your Post' buttons added back to where they used to be.

^ this
User avatar
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 868
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:31 am

haven wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:15 am
wottagunn wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:50 am
Can we get a 'mark forums read' button to the homepage? I see there are ones for each sub forum or whatever, but I want to do it for the entire forum like the old site.
Or am I just missing it?
It's down at the bottom.
Miss it being top right.... rather annoying at the bottom. but I still scroll down and click it so I guess... I'm adapting..
Go ahead, make my millennium.
User avatar
gordo55
Art Expert
Posts: 1285
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Copperhead Hill

Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:33 pm

gordo55 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:30 pm
Libertine wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:24 am
that your collection page shows you the minimum/average/maximum value of your collection like in discogs, would make things easier if you want to insure your collection!

thanks for all the effort!
pretty cool idea!
Downloading your entire collection to or uploading from an .xlsx (or .csv) file...along with values based on selected EB price metric
Imagex7
User avatar
1nkling
Site Admin
Posts: 4302
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: UK

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:07 pm

gordo55 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:33 pm

Downloading your entire collection to or uploading from an .xlsx (or .csv) file...along with values based on selected EB price metric
Its looking increasingly like this won't be a thing as it provides easy access to the database information. We can certainly look into adding more functionality to the pdf exports though giving overall values, etc.
User avatar
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert
Posts: 2077
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:04 pm
Location: DALLAS

Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Maybe I’m just overlooking it, but I liked the old PM button on posts that automatically dropped the post into a PM you could then edit and send.
User avatar
gordo55
Art Expert
Posts: 1285
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Copperhead Hill

Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:29 pm

1nkling wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:07 pm
gordo55 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:33 pm

Downloading your entire collection to or uploading from an .xlsx (or .csv) file...along with values based on selected EB price metric
Its looking increasingly like this won't be a thing as it provides easy access to the database information. We can certainly look into adding more functionality to the pdf exports though giving overall values, etc.
In terms of downloading, can't the dbase be read only which should support extracting info with low risk and for uploading couldn't there be an interim step that requires an EB Admin (presumably trusted) to run a scan utility (?) or something to validate data integrity, after the member completes uploading data, and then perform the actual load to the database? No or certainly low risk for sabatoge, assuming that's the concern. Thanks for the feedback, inkling, nonetheless.
Imagex7
User avatar
1nkling
Site Admin
Posts: 4302
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: UK

Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:27 am

iwokeinrelief wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:26 pm
Maybe I’m just overlooking it, but I liked the old PM button on posts that automatically dropped the post into a PM you could then edit and send.
Little speech bubble symbol next to 'Contact:' on the user info. Click that and you get two symbols pop up. One for messages and one for email.
gordo55 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:29 pm
In terms of downloading, can't the dbase be read only which should support extracting info with low risk and for uploading couldn't there be an interim step that requires an EB Admin (presumably trusted) to run a scan utility (?) or something to validate data integrity, after the member completes uploading data, and then perform the actual load to the database? No or certainly low risk for sabatoge, assuming that's the concern. Thanks for the feedback, inkling, nonetheless.
Yeah maybe but you'd still end up with a csv or xls of a lot of raw data that could then be fed into a new database if, for example, someone were trying to start their own site.

For uploading there could indeed be a system to check inputs. The data would need to be submitted in a set format that tied in with listings on the existing database. Surely the amount of effort involved in that would make it easier to just submit them via the site? Especially if we make that process easier.

I can't really see why anyone needs to download/upload the raw data for their collection other than to keep track of value, etc. Something we're looking to implement anyway. Other than that its really only useful to transfer a collection to a new account. Which we don't really condone.

Personally I'm thinking we make the collection tools far more useful and allow exporting as pdf with variable parameters. That should keep things good for those wanting a snapshot of their collection and value.
User avatar
1nkling
Site Admin
Posts: 4302
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: UK

Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:32 am

First post should be up to date with feature requests I think.
southerngarden
Art Expert
Posts: 4352
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:43 pm
Location: Miami & The FL Keys

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:26 pm

gordo55 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:30 pm
Libertine wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:24 am
that your collection page shows you the minimum/average/maximum value of your collection like in discogs, would make things easier if you want to insure your collection!

thanks for all the effort!
pretty cool idea!
I was just coming here to suggest this exact idea. I've been loading my vinyl collection onto Discogs over the past few weeks and its pretty insane how high the value is getting. its making me think I should try to insure it. if we had something similar here I think I would try to insure my poster collection too.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4418
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:52 pm

1nkling wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:29 pm
Cragars wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:29 am
I have to sit too far away from the computer now that it's all zoomed out. How do I zoom in?
On Chrome its Ctrl and the - key. I like 90% but some said 80% works for them.
that's a giant difference. 90%ers FTW. :D
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
Posts: 4418
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:57 pm

I'll be a +1 on these things as well:

New Posts/Unread Posts button somewhere close to where they used to be instead of the drop-down
Join date back under the avatars
minimum/maximum value (or some sort of total evaluation tool) of collections would be fantastic

Otherwise, it's really moving fast, having it be https is great, and I'm getting more and more used to the look and navigating it every day - great work Inkling, Whalaw, Tech Team, and everyone I missed who's done the work! :cheers:
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.
Post Reply