What do you want from the new Expresso Beans?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Bryman
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:59 pm

papaver wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:46 pm
as like codeblue said "active" here means just logged in the site.
Doesn’t this site use a “Remember Me” feature? Meaning, if enabled, after the user has logged in once they would remain logged in and therefore always be considered “Active” even if they haven’t actually browsed the site in over a year? Maybe that’s not how the feature works? For all I know, even with “Remember Me” enabled you still get logged out after some period of time, but maybe you can clarify.
papaver wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:46 pm
i was thinking about the "last active" as well but i wouldn't want to just implement something like that without understand in the privacy implications. not everyone may want this information about them known.
That totally makes sense. I just didn’t think that would be an issue since that same information is already provided by EB for users of the forum site, but maybe there are different/greater privacy concerns for the main site? More users I guess?

Anyway, no worries either way. It was just an idea. Thanks for the consideration.

:2thumb:
Have ya paid your dues, Jack? Yessir, the check is in the mail.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:41 pm

Bryman wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:59 pm
Doesn’t this site use a “Remember Me” feature? Meaning, if enabled, after the user has logged in once they would remain logged in and therefore always be considered “Active” even if they haven’t actually browsed the site in over a year? Maybe that’s not how the feature works? For all I know, even with “Remember Me” enabled you still get logged out after some period of time, but maybe you can clarify.
we currently check the date the user last logged in. so the remember me feature shouldn't matter in that sense. but yes if you last logged in 11 months ago we consider you active.

in general users should be getting emails now for trades and forum messages if their emails are still relevant. hard to say why users don't respond.
Bryman
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:36 pm

So I know it’s been stated here that a full redesign for mobile is just not feasible due to the effort it would take to do it right, but would it be possible to just add a some @media screen rules at a couple breakpoints to at least adjust the column flex/float/wrap(?? I can’t remember lol) to better utilize the portrait screen when viewing on mobile? Something like this...
That way a mobile user can then just adjust the page zoom to get a more efficient layout with larger text as well...
My HTML/CSS is clearly a little rusty so forgive me for the mixed terminology or if this would still require more work than it’s worth. And obviously this was just a quick example. Boxes could be adjusted for a better flow. Thanks.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:49 pm

Bryman wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:36 pm
So I know it’s been stated here that a full redesign for mobile is just not feasible due to the effort it would take to do it right, but would it be possible to just add a some @media screen rules at a couple breakpoints to at least adjust the column flex/float/wrap(?? I can’t remember lol) to better utilize the portrait screen when viewing on mobile? Something like this...

That way a mobile user can then just adjust the page zoom to get a more efficient layout with larger text as well...

My HTML/CSS is clearly a little rusty so forgive me for the mixed terminology or if this would still require more work than it’s worth. And obviously this was just a quick example. Boxes could be adjusted for a better flow. Thanks.
the site is currently using raw css which is a nightmare to work with and extremely time consuming. that and there are styles inline and scattered all over the place. i'd be happy to if it was setup with less, adding a few media tags would be a breeze. unfortunately thats not the case.

that said i'll look into it next time i'm messing with that code. if its something simple i'll see if i add something at least temporary.
Bryman
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:08 pm

Ok, cool. Yeah, I figured with a site this old things might be a little funky under the hood. Just figured it might be worth a look. Thanks for considering it. Even if only temporarily like you said. :2thumb:
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:19 am

How about not receiving email notification 6+ hours after I already checked the thread I am subscribed to?
Bryman
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:48 pm

Auto save when composing a post.

Every now and then a bug in iOS causes the curser to freeze and I have to restart safari so I lose everything I typed. I know that’s not EB’s problem, but it would sure be nice if my paragraph was still there waiting for me after the restart.
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:08 am

An ability to add a few images at once with some generated names rather than one by one in cases where name and description are irrelevant. I just added 15 Invader postcards, named Postcard 1-15 plus the back side, and kind of regretted starting, lol, because I don’t really care that much about the postcards but thought it is probably nice to have in the database.

I also noticed naming them Postcard 1-15 didn’t really work to keep the order and it should have been named Postcard 01-15, not that it matters. I mean number order; the image order is irrelevant.
1nkling
Site Admin

Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:33 am

Bryman wrote:

Every now and then a bug in iOS causes the curser to freeze and I have to restart safari so I lose everything I typed. I know that’s not EB’s problem, but it would sure be nice if my paragraph was still there waiting for me after the restart.
There is an Auto-Drafts plugin we could maybe look at adding. Not sure its an issue which really affects many people though.
bubbie wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:08 am
An ability to add a few images at once with some generated names rather than one by one in cases where name and description are irrelevant. I just added 15 Invader postcards, named Postcard 1-15 plus the back side, and kind of regretted starting, lol, because I don’t really care that much about the postcards but thought it is probably nice to have in the database.

I also noticed naming them Postcard 1-15 didn’t really work to keep the order and it should have been named Postcard 01-15, not that it matters. I mean number order; the image order is irrelevant.
Renamed the images for you so they are in the right order. Thanks for that, I've got a set and its nice to see whats in there. :D

I think the ability to add multiple images is definitely something on our wishlist but it may not be the highest priority item on the list. Thats being discussed as we work out the plan for the next phase of improvements though.
Bryman
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:33 pm

1nkling wrote:
Bryman wrote:

There is an Auto-Drafts plugin we could maybe look at adding. Not sure its an issue which really affects many people though.
It may or may not affect many people, but if it’s a simple plugin for a purely additive feature hopefully it’s worth doing. Thanks for looking into it. :2thumb:
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:31 pm

1nkling wrote:
Renamed the images for you so they are in the right order. Thanks for that, I've got a set and its nice to see whats in there. :D

I think the ability to add multiple images is definitely something on our wishlist but it may not be the highest priority item on the list. Thats being discussed as we work out the plan for the next phase of improvements though.
Lol. Thanks. If it was on my hard drive, I’d probably go insane.

That was the first time I saw what’s inside the set as well and I wasn’t impressed, lol.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:47 pm

A stootzbot to take care of all his entry corrections.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:49 am

For none of Bubbies wishes/wants/requests to be fulfilled.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:54 am

Ban Rambo is the only one I want fulfilled.

Codeblue wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:47 pm
A stootzbot to take care of all his entry corrections.
Luls.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:56 am

bubbie wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:54 am
Ban Rambo is the only one I want fulfilled.

You posterkiller I was ready to just quote whatever your response was and say ban him. BEAT ME TO IT.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.