Farewell EB

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
jkw3000
EB Trainee

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:13 pm

Thought we were all Drew alts.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
BenRichards
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:15 pm

aahnutz wrote: On the contrary, the database is the essence of EB; it is important. In order for listings to be consistent, specific guidelines were created. They have been in place since EB’s conception. When you become a team member you agree to follow those guidelines. Now is not the time to change those guidelines based on personal preference.
Sometimes change isn't a bad thing. I don't know what changes Michael wanted to implement, but just because the Constitution/Bill of Rights is so great, it doesn't mean it's perfect(probably not the best example, but you catch my drift?). What may have worked well at one point in time, may not work as well now, or may not have been the best way from the get go.

“If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.” – Gail Sheehy
Cragars wrote:Rainbow bukake won't ever make the wall.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:17 pm

lol. noice. invoking the Constitution/Bill of Rights in a thread about how to categorize robocop prints.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
jayper
Art Expert

Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Wow, that's too bad. As others have stated, I always appreciated MFaith's contributions and the quickness with which he added things to the DB.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:53 pm

jjttdw wrote:Glad no one has ever figured out which this account is an alt of.
Yes we have. :wink:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:07 pm

All these new colors are so confusing.

Can I be a nice royal blue?
That's what she said
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:25 pm

Ahem.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:26 pm

Well done
That's what she said
felocin
Art Expert

Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:28 pm

You don’t like that early nineties ms paint hot purple?
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:12 pm

the site has been drymounted for quite some time. michael provided a bit of sunshine. hopefully the new directive can continue it. sorry things went this way. the site really has been on the low for some time that i think many dont think much of it these days.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
bubbie
Art Expert

Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:42 am

It does suck, regardless of how you look at it and whether you like Michael or not. The dude was definitely passionate, for the lack of a better word, about this place. It sucks to see him go. I don't know the details of what went on, yet while I can't say I agree with his decision I definitely understand it.
ErocAfellar wrote:
aahnutz wrote:Now is not the time to change those guidelines based on personal preference.
Seems like it would be the perfect time...
100% agree with this.

I will not go crazy writing an opus, but I will say the following. The dude was very good at running the database. Maybe he added fudge I don't give a drymount about but, like GoBluePanic said, it may have introduced someone to a new artist, etc, even if it didn't reflect on the price charts. I know, price charts is probably a biggest part of what this place is all about nowadays, but...

Also, when he had a question or concern about my addition, he would actually PM me and ask what the drymount is going on. I also found PM'ing him much easier than using a drymount-up of a corrections thread. Last time I used that thread, the listing got pretty messed up. I asked to correct the drymount ups and it became even worse. I haven't used or even visited the thread since. The dude was dedicated. Not sure what his beef with Bottleneck is, but aside from that his dedication was next to none.
felocin wrote:You don’t like that early nineties ms paint hot purple?
It really hurts my eyes, but it is beautiful!

P.S. Surprised there is no "Board nominations" or whatever thread.
ForestANimal
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:00 am

bubbie wrote: Not sure what his beef with Bottleneck is
Omg, What fudge did Bottleneck Gallery do this time?
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:45 am

When an unstoppable force meets an unmovable object...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:09 am

ForestANimal wrote:
What did Bottleneck gallery do to him?
Nothing.

The short version of it was, if it was mondo or vaccuum or anything he had a vested interest in they would be auto added to the database within minutes of info being released.

When asked why the bottleneck stuff gets delayed or isn't added by, he said he didn't follow them and that others could also submit.

Which is totally fair, but when asked if he could add bottleneck to his email subscription he said "I can't take more on, if it's not something that I personally care about."

It just came across as disingenuous when for weeks and months mike would go into artists and galleries archives, pull info on prints and originals that had never been submitted to the site and add them to the database of his own accord.

Again thats fine, but its another case of if he doesn't want to do it his way, it doesn't get done. cotis has been adding stuff in but on occasion the approval would take longer than stuff that was submitted after his.

You can search him in the bottleneck thread if you want all the greatest hits.

*NOTE* - Originally the quote from above was "What did Bottleneck gallery do to him?" but i guess he edited it to 'Omg, What fudge did Bottleneck Gallery do this time?'
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:16 am

35mmpaul wrote:
ForestANimal wrote:
What did Bottleneck gallery do to him?
Nothing.

The short version of it was, if it was mondo or vaccuum or anything he had a vested interest in they would be auto added to the database within minutes of info being released.

When asked why the bottleneck stuff gets delayed or isn't added by, he said he didn't follow them and that others could also submit.

Which is totally fair, but when asked if he could add bottleneck to his email subscription he said "I can't take more on, if it's not something that I personally care about."

It just came across as disingenuous when for weeks and months mike would go into artists and galleries archives, pull info on prints and originals that had never been submitted to the site and add them to the database of his own accord.

Again thats fine, but its another case of if he doesn't want to do it his way, it doesn't get done. cotis has been adding stuff in but on occasion the approval would take longer than stuff that was submitted after his.

You can search him in the bottleneck thread if you want all the greatest hits.

*NOTE* - Originally the quote from above was "What did Bottleneck gallery do to him?" but i guess he edited it to 'Omg, What fudge did Bottleneck Gallery do this time?'
Drew likes the dramatic effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"