Farewell EB

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
User avatar
canuck
Art Freak
Posts: 10930
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:23 pm
Location: US of A

Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:07 pm

Calm down guys. Optimism please. Have we any reason to not trust the peeps in charge?
Image
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8175
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:25 pm

the site for the last year or so cuts out and shuts down every few weeks.

i have to copy every post i make incase i get logged out when i hit submit and loose my comments.

the planned upgrade is half finished and will be abandoned, resulting in the loss of $30k in donations.

and you still can't comment on sales posts.

oh and you have to PM a mod to set up comments on a piece of art.

and we cant use dildocopter gifs.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
1nkling
Site Admin
Posts: 4309
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: UK

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:14 pm

35mmpaul wrote:the site for the last year or so cuts out and shuts down every few weeks.


Its been a bit more stable of late thanks to a few tweaks. It should be a lot more stable once we do the server move.
35mmpaul wrote:i have to copy every post i make incase i get logged out when i hit submit and loose my comments.


Believe me, you're not the only one this annoys. I have to log in a zillion times trying to get into the admin console.
35mmpaul wrote:and you still can't comment on sales posts.
Soon.
35mmpaul wrote:oh and you have to PM a mod to set up comments on a piece of art.
We think this is a symptom of the site being moved incorrectly to the current server. We're hoping we'll be able to fix it when we move to the new server. If not it's on the list of bugs to chase.
User avatar
veltri
Art Expert
Posts: 4530
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:27 pm

1nkling wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:and you still can't comment on sales posts.
Soon.
Oooh!

If art comments and image links are enabled we might be getting back to the glory days of the '10s.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
Image
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
Posts: 6932
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:29 pm

1nkling wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:and you still can't comment on sales posts.
Soon.
oh man don't tease me like this
User avatar
35mmpaul
Art Expert
Posts: 8175
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:40 pm
Location: NYC

Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:49 pm

Thank you for the update! Good to hear those things are in the works.

The site has been more stable the last few weeks.

but no dildocopter? thats rough.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
Posts: 6932
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:42 pm

the good oldish days
User avatar
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert
Posts: 2471
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:18 pm

1nkling wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:and you still can't comment on sales posts.
Soon.
35mmpaul wrote:oh and you have to PM a mod to set up comments on a piece of art.
We think this is a symptom of the site being moved incorrectly to the current server. We're hoping we'll be able to fix it when we move to the new server. If not it's on the list of bugs to chase.
Image
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51507
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:03 pm

1nkling, not the hero we need, but the hero we deserve.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
skis007
Art Expert
Posts: 3308
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:37 pm
Location: Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles
Contact:

Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:16 am

finneganm wrote:MFaith wants to continue adding art that is submitted.

The mystery member only is interested in phish related cheese boards being added.
I thought Mfaith automated his work. Was he manually entering all those entries? yeesh
User avatar
felocin
Art Expert
Posts: 1614
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:00 am
Location: Northern California

Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:46 pm

1nkling wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:the site for the last year or so cuts out and shuts down every few weeks.


Its been a bit more stable of late thanks to a few tweaks. It should be a lot more stable once we do the server move.
35mmpaul wrote:i have to copy every post i make incase i get logged out when i hit submit and loose my comments.


Believe me, you're not the only one this annoys. I have to log in a zillion times trying to get into the admin console.
35mmpaul wrote:and you still can't comment on sales posts.
Soon.
35mmpaul wrote:oh and you have to PM a mod to set up comments on a piece of art.
We think this is a symptom of the site being moved incorrectly to the current server. We're hoping we'll be able to fix it when we move to the new server. If not it's on the list of bugs to chase.
this response is soooo good to hear. I hope to see it bear fruit soon with a healthy site again. Seeing EB slowly break down over the years has been a real bummer. I am not as talkative as most on here but I have been here a long time and love the (core) community. Always hoped to see the site grow, but at this point I'd love to see it be what it once was.
User avatar
NoseSpray
Art Expert
Posts: 1010
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:15 pm
Location: Location, Location!

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:30 am

peace out mf
Post Reply