Changes at Expressobeans.com

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
whalaw
Site Admin

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:19 pm

hax0n wrote:$250 a month for workers comp.... :lol:

"give generously y'all gotta protect our EMPLOYEE"
State Law requires Workers Comp Insurance, but included in that figure was/is a portion for "disability insurance," which is not inexpensive.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:34 pm

whalaw wrote:

State Law requires Workers Comp Insurance, but included in that figure was/is a portion for "disability insurance," which is not inexpensive.
What was the Disability Insurance for? Didn't the salaried person just work from his basement or in his bed?

And I use the word 'work' very loosely.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
whalaw
Site Admin

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:38 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
whalaw wrote:

What was the Disability Insurance for? Didn't the salaried person just work from his basement or in his bed?

And I use the word 'work' very loosely.
It was for exactly what it is: covers an individual in the event of a disability. I have no knowledge of anyone's specific work environment.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:40 pm

Isn't that only for employees? Y'all didn't even have duke set up as an independent contractor?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
whalaw
Site Admin

Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Codeblue wrote:Isn't that only for employees? Y'all didn't even have duke set up as an independent contractor?
Worker's Comp, generally, is just for employees (i.e., W-2). All this was structured and in place prior to my seat on the BOD in 2017. I will add, from my understanding and as far as I can tell from the documents I've examined thus far, donations did not pay for the salary or benefits. They were tied to e-Bay income.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:27 pm

whalaw wrote:I will add, from my understanding and as far as I can tell from the documents I've examined thus far, donations did not pay for the salary or benefits. They were tied to e-Bay income.
If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum.
More deception and fraud..." benefitting the site directly" = paying secret salaries and benefits to "volunteers"? :lol: :lol: :lol: what a freaking joke.

post the financials. let's see what else ya been spending money on...
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
whalaw
Site Admin

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:37 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:
whalaw wrote:I will add, from my understanding and as far as I can tell from the documents I've examined thus far, donations did not pay for the salary or benefits. They were tied to e-Bay income.
If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum.
More deception and fraud..." benefitting the site directly" = paying secret salaries and benefits to "volunteers"? :lol: :lol: :lol: what a freaking joke.

post the financials. let's see what else ya been spending money on...
The statement you quoted above is not fraud. It's actually true, fees from e-Bay is what keeps this site free. Now had it stated: "If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum and EB will never to use e-Bay funds towards a salary." Then, that would be more in a fraudulent vein.
1nkling
Site Admin

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:52 pm

whalaw wrote:The statement you quoted above is not fraud. It's actually true, fees from e-Bay is what keeps this site free. Now had it stated: "If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum and EB will never to use e-Bay funds towards a salary." Then, that would be more in a fraudulent vein.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:57 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
whalaw
Site Admin

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:00 pm

Ha. Listen. I get it. Honestly, it sickens me. Money should have never been involved here. That goes against the "spirit" of what EB is about, in my opinion. It's also one of the primary reasons I decided to step in as interim President. I want to provide form and structure to EB to ensure it doesn't go off the rails, again.
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:09 pm

For how many years did 'said' employee draw a salary?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
whalaw
Site Admin

Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:17 pm

kansasbbq wrote:For how many years did 'said' employee draw a salary?
I can say for certain from at least 2012, which is the earliest tax return I have in my possession.
canuck
Art Freak

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:21 pm

Damn. That's like another 5 figure bill. What was said employee's responsibilities? Wasn't it to keep things running smooth? You should ask for a refund.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:20 pm

I'd like to see the financials.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
hax0n
Art Expert

Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:54 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:I'd like to see the financials.
ImageTrade Stocks & Crypto w/ Robinhood | Bitcoin Options w/ Deribit | Trade Alts @ Binance | Trade Crypto up to 100x Leverage @ BitMEX
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works