Changes at Expressobeans.com

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Thronk
Art Expert

Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:28 am

earlgreytoast wrote:most of us are just hoping you guys do indeed have your fudge together and we are no longer in danger of losing the database. :notworthy:
:iagree:
tulip1637
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:03 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
binky79 wrote:I dont want to see the financials.

I just want the site to keep working.

Hire people, spend it on cocaine, whatever. Just keep the database accessible.

Pretty funny seeing the pitchfork-bearers acting all outraged. :lol: lighten up, franceses. Unless you gave over $10, and something tells me none of you did, just stifle your faux outrage. .
i gave a chunk of every flip to EB for years before a hypothetical previous handle was banned. i would not have given that chunk each time had i known my money was just being lit on fire for years. we know how they squandered the 30k, but id like to see how they squandered all the money we gave them prior to that.
doppelgangbanger
Art Enthusiast

Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:03 pm

tulip1637 wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:
binky79 wrote:I dont want to see the financials.

I just want the site to keep working.

Hire people, spend it on cocaine, whatever. Just keep the database accessible.

Pretty funny seeing the pitchfork-bearers acting all outraged. :lol: lighten up, franceses. Unless you gave over $10, and something tells me none of you did, just stifle your faux outrage. .
i gave a chunk of every flip to EB for years before a hypothetical previous handle was banned. i would not have given that chunk each time had i known my money was just being lit on fire for years. we know how they squandered the 30k, but id like to see how they squandered all the money we gave them prior to that.
You had a previous handle banned? I wonder if the same due diligence was applied to banning members as to managing finances.
fredo
Art God

Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:36 pm

It's like people just found out that Burger King takes the $5.29 that the menu clearly says is for Whopper meals and uses some of it "for other things".

#soylentgreenispeeeeople
just a foil for me today, thanks
mobius006
Art Freak

Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:57 pm

Meh. Nothing, as far as I know, says EB is a non profit. Volunteers can be paid.

I still just want to stay logged in

Thanks for update
fredo
Art God

Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:59 pm

And it could pay salaries regardless.
just a foil for me today, thanks
mobius006
Art Freak

Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:08 pm

I still can't believe the site rebuild was run like some fly by night FB poster commission.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:18 am

earlgreytoast wrote:
Unless you gave over $10, and something tells me none of you did, just stifle your faux outrage.
This is the exact fuckhead attitude that gets the site to where it is now. It's the idea that no single person donated enough to have a right to be pissed off so a person or persons can justify siphoning funds to themself guilt-free, and without being held accountable. Basically the same way a crackhead justifies shop-lifting. "It's a victimless crime!" If a person was getting paid for work they weren't doing, it's theft. The same as if I went to a job and punched in, then went home and came back and punched out later. Now I understand it's not something that can be recouped and there's basically no recourse, and the BoD allowed it to happen, but let's quit mincing words about what it is.

Those $10 and $20 donations are the cornerstones for this place whether you want to acknowledge it or not. Somewhere along the way those donations added up to a $30K donation to someone (or a few?) else. So definitely keep talking fudge and calling the donors names, that's surefire plan to help the future of the site and ensure those people that donate $10 or 20 per year likely never do again.

Since it's cool to be crass about this; is the new BoD certain that the entire $30K went to the developer and none of it came back to the one person that coordinated this shitshow? It seems like if a person wanted to steal some money, funneling it through a fictional, European developer that no one else has contact with is a pretty good way to do it.

Yes, I know EGT isn't part of the BoD but bad-mouthing those that donated in light of the situation is poor form.
I'm not someone else.
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:24 am

mobius006 wrote:Meh. Nothing, as far as I know, says EB is a non profit. Volunteers can be paid.
Oh FFS. That's the exact opposite definition of a volunteer.

Volunteer noun a person who freely offers to take part in an enterprise or undertake a task
verb freely offer to do something
I'm not someone else.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:03 pm

lulz
aahnutz
EB Team

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:19 pm

EB had one “employee” - Yamar. He was the president of EB. His responsibilities were to add art and auctions which helped generate revenue for the site. This income from eBay was used to pay him. No donations were used for his salary. He was the contact person for the site that notified the server of any outages. He paid the bills and made sure the taxes were done yearly. He also was responsible for the distribution of the yearly EB awards to the winning artists. In the past two-three years he was assigned the job of finding someone willing to update the site using available funds and to keep everyone (BOD, EB Team, and members) informed as to its progress. He is no longer here. He accepted a similar position with an online entity who are developing their own poster site. They are paying him much more than what he was paid here. EB no longer has an “employee.” Whalaw is the interim president of EB. He is doing it for free. All the other team members are volunteers as well. I hope this clarifies some of your questions.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
aahnutz
EB Team

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:22 pm

EB is not a non-profit. Our application was denied. The sales (and sales threads) disqualified us.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
parlow
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:29 pm

Thanks for the info, aahnutz.
aahnutz wrote:EB had one “employee” - Yamar. He was the president of EB. His responsibilities were to add art and auctions which helped generate revenue for the site. This income from eBay was used to pay him. No donations were used for his salary. He was the contact person for the site that notified the server of any outages. He paid the bills and made sure the taxes were done yearly. He also was responsible for the distribution of the yearly EB awards to the winning artists. In the past two-three years he was assigned the job of finding someone willing to update the site using available funds and to keep everyone (BOD, EB Team, and members) informed as to its progress. He is no longer here. He accepted a similar position with an online entity who are developing their own poster site. They are paying him much more than what he was paid here. EB no longer has an “employee.” Whalaw is the interim president of EB. He is doing it for free. All the other team members are volunteers as well. I hope this clarifies some of your questions.
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:31 pm

aahnutz wrote:EB had one “employee” - Yamar. He was the president of EB. His responsibilities were to add art and auctions which helped generate revenue for the site. This income from eBay was used to pay him. No donations were used for his salary. He was the contact person for the site that notified the server of any outages. He paid the bills and made sure the taxes were done yearly. He also was responsible for the distribution of the yearly EB awards to the winning artists. In the past two-three years he was assigned the job of finding someone willing to update the site using available funds and to keep everyone (BOD, EB Team, and members) informed as to its progress. He is no longer here. He accepted a similar position with an online entity who are developing their own poster site. They are paying him much more than what he was paid here. EB no longer has an “employee.” Whalaw is the interim president of EB. He is doing it for free. All the other team members are volunteers as well. I hope this clarifies some of your questions.
ISO link to new poster site :lol:
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:39 pm

aahnutz wrote:Whalaw is the interim president of EB. He is doing it for free.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq